“Comfortable and spacious”

The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I recently took a job in Manchester and have been experimenting with all the Apartment Hotel's in the city centre. The first one I booked up was the City Warehouse. I was slightly concerned about the car park I used out the back of the hotel (private car park) but perhaps the concern was misplaced as my car was fine. The entrance to the building could be easily missed and the building looks a little dated inside compared to some of the others I've stayed at but overall I would thoroughly recommend this place if you can catch it at the right price. The apartment was spacious and clean. The free wifi was useful and unlike some other places, the signal held. The decor won't please everyone but it looked nice to me. The quality of sleep was most pleasant as unlike some other places, there wasn't a noise issue. I would use this place again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Someboy1910
Front Office M, Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback, Someboy1910. Your recommendation is very much appreciated and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night with a friend whilst visiting Manchester to see Beyonce, the apartment cost me £95 to stay here which if im honest is very pricey for just 1 nights stay. When I arrived the check in was straight forward and the guy who checked us in was really friendly asking us we needed help with any directions and told us where the local supermarkets were and wished us a nice time at the concert. The apartment was very nice and clean and the bed was really comfortable the only issue we had was that the lightbulbs were so dim, I know that sounds petty but it was annoying when getting ready looking in the mirrors lol! The location of these apartments was excellent and overall I would definetly stay here again if the price was cheaper!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Front Office M, Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Hi Liam,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. It is always appreciated when guests leave constructive feedback.

We do hope you will stay with us when you see your next concert.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We stayed at this apartment hotel for an overnight visit to the Royal Exchange. The apartment was small but well equipped (two rooms + bathroom) and was ideal for our purposes. We could have spent three or four days there without feeling constrained by space. The hotel is about 15 minute walk from the city centre. An ideal venue for future trips to Manchester.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Front Office M, Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Hi MikeDavis8702,

We are glad you enjoyed the apartment for your stay. Thank you for your review and if you return to Manchester for a visit we hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Was a bit skeptical from some reviews online and it didnt really imo look that much from the pictures, but the pictures online from booking.com dont do this place justice at all! its amazing. i booked late so the rate was higher than if i booked in advance but it was such great value for money. i used to think certain budget hotels were good value for money but ill be staying here for all my visits now! wont go anywhere else.

its only a 5 min walk from piccadily train station. on the way you can pick up some bits from tesco or spar before you get to the hotel as it is on the way you walk so you wont have to go back into town for the night if youre tired from travelling.

i buzzed the door to get into the building, then i got greeted by a nice guy who referred me to another guy on reception so i could check in. then got given a code to the front door so i didnt have to keep buzzing. so security is top, no randoms can come in as you are greeted the second you walk in the door by the door guy. then led to the receptionist if you have a booking.

guy on reception asked if i knew my way around but as im not a tourist i didnt need any help, but im assuming they would do all they could for you if you didnt know your way around and give you a map or directions, they gave off the impression that nothing was a problem for them.

ive seen reviews here complaining about hot water, but my hot water was fine... there are instructions on the boiler door with what to do if your hot water runs out, but there is a boost button so you wait 20-30mins then you have hot water again. but as i stayed alone i didnt have that problem.

there was a funny smell in the lounge area and i couldnt figure it out, i thought it was a takeaway but no... it was 3 in the afternoon. the same again most of the day. it didnt bother me too much but i really wonder what it was. it wasnt the dinner cooking, as those smells did come into my flat but i didnt mind those! it was just a funny smell.... as in bad. i didnt complain as it was only every now and then for most of my stay but no. 403..... has a funny smell.

the oven is spotless.... i was expecting it to be like my own oven which is in need of a clean but nooo, it was so clean! the rest of the place was clean but not spotless. it would be fair to say it needs a little lick of fresh paint but its just worn not dirty. i think the floor was put down before things were painted as paint splashes on the floor made me think it was dirt, and yes the floor was a little dusty here and there nothing major though the paint splashes just made it feel a little unclean. i only stayed 2 nights but if it was any longer i would of got a pack of cleaning wipes and given the surfaces a quick wipe over as like i said they werent 'spotless' like i would of liked, they were just a little dusty but that wouldnt put me off staying again at all for the price i paid. bargain!

the location is the centre of town (almost) 10 mins up the road is the arndale and the other end is the northern quarter so youve got everything you need on your doorstep. trams run from up the road as well if you dont want to walk.

it is so quiet, no clubs are around so you dont get any of that noise. it is on a main road though so you do get some traffic noise but that didnt bother me at all. if you cant deal with any noise at all though i would bring earplugs.

wont stay anywhere else now ive found this place, when can i move in? i didnt want to leave lol! :)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Hi Mollie C,

You can move in whenever you like!

We are really pleased you had a positive experience and thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Just so you know, our House Keeping team have given 403 extra special attention, so thank you for letting us know.

We hope to see you next time you're in Manchester!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We are very satisfied with our choice to stay at the City WArehouse Apartments in Manchester, just a 5-minute walk from Piccadilly Gardens.

Our room was extremely well appointed with everything we needed and more. Excellent free Wi-Fi, TV, cooking facilities and even a washing machine.

The staff we dealt with were extremely friendly and helpful, particularly the Australian man.

It was walking distance from the main railway station and close to the tram. Compared to the price of a hotel, this represents excellent value for money and I have no hesitation recommending this excellent apartment hotel to others.

Room Tip: There are various apartments sizes. We had one on a corner (4th floor), which was good as we had mor...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Hi GavinTT,

It was a pleasure having you and your wonderful family stay with us. Your kind comments have been passed on to our staff who are very much appreciative. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

we , a family of four stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment for £75 a night, won't get any better deal than that in Manc, huge living room modern style...clean...comfortable...close to city centre...only prob will be car parking but plenty of pay and display nearby...

Stayed: January 2014
Front Office M, Front Office Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Hi Sam5un9,

Thank you for taking the time leave your review. We often have families stay so it is nice to hear you have enjoyed your visit. Hopefully we'll see you in Manchester again soon.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Hello,

I just completed a short stay at this hotel and overall I was very impressed! From this point forward, all of Manchester visits will include a stay at this place!

Great spot and I will be back soon!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Front Office M, Front Office Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Hi Little_BritInTheUSA,

We are so pleased to hear you will be staying with us again as you are more than welcome.

Thank you for your review and hopefully it wont be too long between visits.