“Fantastic service, simple and unfussy.”

The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel
“Fantastic service, simple and unfussy.”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have stayed at CW many times over the years. The guys running it take great pride in being helpful at all times.

The apartments are clean, comfortable and have everything you could want. The penthouse apartments in particular offer great value for larger groups.

Regular clients (like myself) do get looked after and on that basis it is my number one residence of choice for any stays in Manchester. All other apartments in town do certain things well but CW do everything well.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013
Thomas S, Front Office Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Manzar,

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review of your experiences of the hotel; it's fantastic to read your comments describing the apartments as "clean, comfortable" and "great value".

I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
St Helens, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I can not rate these apartments highly enough. I have stayed here twice, both times for the Christmas markets. Our first trip was just me and the hubby and the second with friends.

The apartments, are modern and very well maintained. The staff are extremely helpful. The location is fabulous. There is not 1 single negative to these apartments. if you are looking for somewhere to stay then look no further. I cant wait for my annual trip there this December.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thomas S, Front Office Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Sian,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review of the hotel, it's great to read such fantastic comments describing the staff as "extremely helpful", the location as "fabulous" and the apartments as "modern and very well maintained".

I will pass your compliments onto the rest of the team and I look forward to seeing you again in December!
Jakarta
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed for 1 night on our vacation to Manchester. The location is fantastic, near Piccadilly and many shopping attractions. Even near a comic book shops and a few halal restaurants. The room is good, well maintain, we stayed at 2 bedroom apt. The staff is helpful and room amenities is excellent. You can find it very helpful when you're dining in. Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Henry K
Thomas S, Front Office Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Henry,

Thank you for your excellent review of your experience at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, it's great that you thought our location was "fantastic" and the apartment was well maintained.

I will pass your compliments regarding our staff, apartments and maintenance onto the rest of our staff who I'm sure will be very pleased by your comments.

I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Had great night staying over after concert, however were very over priced due to concert - 3 times higher than previous night. The apartment was spotlessly clean and the staff were wonderful and very friendly.
One bed apartment a little cramped for 4 and the sofa beds weren't comfortable. Great kebab house next door though.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I will be pleased to pass on your compliments regarding the cleanliness of the apartments and friendliness of the reception staff to the relevant teams.

I'm sorry that you found the One bedroom apartment with sofa-beds a little cramped - we offer this option so that our guests can save on the price per person where possible but we always encourage groups to book a larger apartment for comfort.

I hope we might be able to welcome you to Manchester again soon.
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were in Manchester partly for shopping and partly for business. We chose an apartment over a hotel as there were four of us coming and going at different times and this meant we could hang round comfortably until every one got back and then we simply ordered a take away and had a really sociable evening. The apartments definitely lived up to the reviews. Spacious, well equipped, clean, comfortable beds and really well located. Price wise - excellent value.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your stay; it's fantastic to read comments describing the hotel as "Spacious, well equipped, clean... and really well located" and "Price wise - excellent value."

I hope we can welcome to back to the hotel again on a future visit to Manchester.
Asia
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The major plus for this place is its walking-distance location to the shopping centre Arndale. To be fair, the staff were able to compensate by being helpful so that it was not a bear to unload and load our luggage.

The slight negative was the traffic noise because one side of the building faces the main road and another one a rather busy road and it is at a traffic junction. I was spared that as our bedrooms were on the quiet side and in the evenings traffic lightened. But in the morning, the living and dining area was noisy.

Other than the dark decor, which gives the impression that the place is not properly cleaned.

The staff's helpfulness compensated for some of the shortcomings.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I'm pleased to read that you were pleased with our location and the friendliness of our staff - I'll be sure to pass your compliments onto the relevant members of the team here.

I'm sorry that you found the main road noisy, I'm afraid that our central location means that we cannot get away from the noise of a busy city; however I hope that the double glazing and soundproofing in the hotel went some way to alleviate this.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave your comments, I hope to welcome you to Manchester again soon.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed here. The first was two years ago for Take That. We had a two bedroom apartment then which was great. This time we stayed in a one bedroom apartment as there was only four of us. It was very clean but a little cramped for four people. However, it was only for one night as we were going to see Robbie Williams. It works out much cheaper than a hotel.

Apartment is easy to find and there is cheap parking nearby.

Reception staff are very welcoming and helpful. As a group of girls it is reassuring that the reception is manned 24hrs a day.

All the facilities you need are there. Free wifi and an iPod dock is an added bonus.

The only negatives are that the apartment was way too hot! Our bedroom window only opened a couple of inches. A ceiling fan or electric fan would be a welcome addition. The shower is attached to the taps. It would be better to have an individual shower head. There was no shower gel left when I had a shower either. Lastly, our apartment overlooked an alleyway at the side of the Travelodge. Not the most aesthetically pleasing view but for one night it was fine.

That aside, I would stay here again and would encourage you to stay here if you want value for money, in a city centre location, which is clean and run by helpful and friendly staff.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thomas S, Front Office Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Kate,

Thank you for your review, it's fantastic to read your kind comments regarding our reception staff, facilities, cleanliness and value for money.

I'm sorry that you found the apartments too warm, the windows do open quite wide - what you described is caused by a child safety catch to the side which needs lifting to allow you to open the window further.

I hope you enjoyed your concert and I look forward to welcoming you to Manchester again soon.