“Spacious, cosy, last minute booking, 1 bed, 2 people, 1 night.. Noisy road! Good facilities.”

The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We arrived around 3:30 after struggling to find parking, if you go behind the apartments there's £10.00 24 hour parking, but beware they only take coins.

We never had the option to book parking with our stay.

We where in room 403, 4th floor. The room looked clean, a few crumbs left beside the fridge and bin. The room was not cold and just the right temp for arrival. The staff where friendly at check in.

The facilities in the apartment where great, we cooked stir fry for tea, glasses, plates, iron and ironing bored were all provided. Although a washing machine is provided, there isn't anywhere suitable to dry clothes.. Or I just didn't notice.

The cooker could have been a little cleaner, the whole of the apartment was clean. Accept the windows! I understand some are hard to reach, but there are so many smart gadgets to helps with that.

The bed was comfy, although we didn't notice this before we got to bed the room was so noisy with passing traffic and I could hardly sleep. I previously stayed here in 2012 with all the rooms towards the back of the apartment and these where so much quieter. This ruined my 1 night sleep as we just went for a small break from the norm. We would have asked for another other room but it was to late at night.

I suggest if your a light sleeper to ask for the rooms towards the back of the block.

I would return.. As long as I get a better room away from the busy main road.
Great tv, great staff, great facilities.

• Stayed June 2013
Thomas S, Front Office Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review of your stay - your compliments regarding the facilities, cleanliness and friendliness of the staff are greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry that you thought the windows could've been cleaner, I understand from our maintenance manager that we are at the end of our monthly cycle for window cleaning and our window cleaners will be back with us early next week.

For the benefit of future guests we do provide drying racks, on request, which one can use to hang laundry for drying. This is explained in our guest directory along with other items which can be requested.

I'm also sorry to read that you were disturbed by the traffic noise, the double glazing in the windows and balcony doors does usually prevent disturbance however, as you suggest, I would recommend requesting an apartment towards the back of the hotel if you are a light sleeper/ not used to staying in the city centre.

I’m pleased that you would return to City Warehouse and I hope we can rectify these small issues on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Decided would go for an apartment rather than the usual hotel, cook and stayed in. The later never happened but that say was great to have so much space. Unlike many apart hotels the kitchen is well equipped, it really is like a home from home and the bedroom spacious and comfortable. All the staff we came into contact with were very friendly, asking our plans and pointing out everything we needed to know, so often you check into a hotel and struggle with the internet code but this was pointed out as a matter of course. The location is great too, just a few mins walk into city and main stations. And a 12 o'clock check out as standard was much appreciated.

Room Tip: 203 was perfect, bedroom on the side rather than main road.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, it's fantastic to read that you thought the kitchen was "well equipped", the bedroom "spacious and comfortable" and the apartment "like a home from home"

I have passed your compliments onto all of the staff here, who are always grateful when their hard work is appreciated.

I hope you welcome you back to Manchester very soon.
Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel for 4 nights. Origanally, we booked a one-bedroom-apartment with sofabed and was upgraded to a two-bedroom apartment! Very helpful and kind staff and great location (less than 10 minutes walk to Piccadilly Garden and Piccadilly rail station). The apartment was spacious and will equipped (washing machine, big refrigrator with freezer,lots of kitchen utensils, and daily housekeeping). However, the apartment was dark and mostly furnished in brown, but we still loved it and would recommend it for family and friends.

Room Tip: rooms at the back are quieter
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review, I am pleased to read your comments describing the hotel staff as "Very helpful and kind" and the apartment as "spacious and will equipped".

I'm sorry that the decor was not to your taste however we are now working towards a full refurbishment of the apartments and hope you will stay with us again soon to experience the changes when we are finished.
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

The rooms were spacious and even the pull out beds on the couches were comfy! The night guard who was there was amazing and really friendly, we needed some more towels and he was more than happy to help and get us some more.
The kitchen and dining area were of a good size.
The space was clean and the furniture was all modern, it was a massive plus to have such a big tv with all the freeview channels!
Would definitely come back again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thomas S, Front Office Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Janki,

Thank you for your review, I'm pleased that you thought your apartments were "spacious" and the sofa-beds were "comfy".

I will pass your compliments onto our night staff and housekeeping team who I'm sure will be appreciative of your kind comments regarding their helpfulness and the cleanliness of the apartments respectively.

I hope to welcome you back to Manchester again on your next visit.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed here for one night during June 2013 with 3 other friends.

We were in Manchester for the Muse gig at the Etihad and had looked at getting hotel rooms but it was just too expensive but managed to come across this place.

Location-wise, it's relatively easy to find - took us about 15 minutes to walk from Piccadilly Station with luggage and someone with a bad leg. It's right next door to a Travelodge on Gt. Ancoats Street, which is a big road so is easy to find.

Check-in was pretty quick - Tom was very efficient. The booking did warn that we'd need to provide a deposit (which is understandable as there's quite a bit in the apartment!) and £100 was pre-authorised to my credit card. The lobby isn't the biggest area and there was another group waiting to check-in but we weren't there long. The lift was really clean and quite quick and fitted four of us plus luggage.

The apartment was on the 3rd floor and had 1-bed with 2 sofabeds as per our booking. The apartment looked pretty much like the professional photos - there was enough space for four people and our luggage.

The kitchen had 4 of everything (plates, mugs, wine glasses, tumblers etc, as well as cutlery) along with a cooker, microwave, toaster, fridge & washing machine - only thing we could see that was missing was a dishwasher, but for a one night stay, this wasn't an issue. There was also a selection of condiments (mayo, ketchup etc.) but it would've been nice if some small pots of butter could be included as for a short stay, it isn't worth investing in a big tub. We also felt a dishcloth would be a good addition - there was just a scrubber and a teatowel and a dishcloth would've helped. Other than these small things, the cleaning items provided were great.

The lounge was a good size, TV worked fine and there was a DVD player, iPod dock and radio. The sofabeds were a good size - the back just folds down so there's good width and being tall, I appreciated the fact that there weren't arms at the end of the sofa so I could stretch out. Duvets and sheets were in the wardrobe and were clean and comfy. The bedroom itself was a good size, had a chest of drawers and wardrobe, with a hair-dryer too. We all slept pretty well - the apartment did get quite warm (it was a hot weekend) and as we were light sleepers we didn't leave the windows open. With them shut, we couldn't hear any traffic noise, just the odd siren. The blinds in the lounge also worked well.

The bathroom was a good size, had fixed soap and shower gel as well as four bath towels plus a hand towel. There was plenty of hot water and everything was clean and tidy. Didn't hear any noise from other apartments or guests during our stay.

The staff were very welcoming and Tom arranged a taxi for us to the stadium (cost about £5 and took about 10 minutes to show up, which is pretty good for a Saturday night). There's also a welcome folder in the apartment with useful info in and we got a map of the local area on check-in. Security is pretty good - you're given a code to get into the building and we then had two keys to our apartment. There was a security guard on duty when we got in during the early hours too. As before, it's a short walk from the city centre - the surroundings are a bit rundown but we all felt pretty safe on the way back.

Overall, next time a group of us are in Manchester, I wouldn't hesitate to book this place again as it's in a great location and has brilliant facilities. The staff also help to make this a great place and it represents good value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thomas S, Front Office Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a comprehensive review of your stay, it's fantastic to read that you thought we had "a great location and... brilliant facilities" and that "The staff also help to make this a great place".

I have passed your compliments onto the housekeeping staff regarding the cleanliness and I am personally very pleased to have been able to help during your visit.

I hope very much that we can welcome you to City Warehouse again soon.
Accrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as a party of 7 girls for a friends hen party, I'm not really used to staying in self catered apartments and would normally pick hotels but as the choice was not mine to make I went along with it and didnt really know what to expect, I was half expecting some sort of hostel for the very reasonable price we paid! However I was pleasantly surprised, the spacious apartment was more than fit for purpose and was clean and comfortably furnished, I have to admit the sleeping arrangements were a bit cramped and we could have done with an extra sofa bed, this would have made all the difference, and ideally I would have liked two bathrooms but that would not be possible with the apartment we stayed in, anyway for the money we paid I can't complain and the staff were lovely they were really friendly and there was always someone on hand to help if necessary, the security guard at night was lovely and helpful and had to put up with a bit of drunken banter! Location is good only 5-10 mins walk to printworks and the centre is a short walk away, if I was to stop in manchester as part of a large group again I would not hesitate in recommending these apartments.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank ff82
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review of your stay at the hotel, it's great to read comments describing the apartments as "spacious... clean and comfortably furnished".

I've passed your compliments onto all of the staff who will be very grateful for your recognition of their hard work.

I hope we can welcome you to Manchester again soon.
Chester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Finding a really good hotel in Manchester is a lottery - cost of basic accomodation can be astronomical if the city is busy. So this apartment was ideal. Found it on Bookings.com at a reasonable price - well below usual hotel prices. Check-in was efficient & hassle free - they even took note of my request for a higher floor. Apartment was large & spacious - good kitchen facilities & comfy lounge area. Few little issues like a leather dining room chair that had previously been badly torn & restitched was obvious. Lovely thick new carpet throughout, although a slight smell of damp made me think it had been re-laid for a reason.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrandMrsJ99
Thomas S, Front Office Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review of your experience during your stay with us, I'm pleased that you thought we offered good value for money, as well as an efficient check-in and that we were able to place you in an apartment on a higher floor.

Please accept my apologies for the maintenance issues which you mentioned- we are in the process of rectifying these completely but I hope they didn't affect your stay too much.

It's great that you thought the apartment was "large & spacious" with "good kitchen facilities & comfy lounge area" and I hope to welcome you to Manchester again in the future.