“Would stay again”

The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Would stay again”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed here as a birthday treat weekend with family and friends, had two apartments (301 standard two beds 1 bathroom) and (601 penthouse two beds 1 en-suite and a second bathroom of the hall), the walk from Piccadilly Station took Approx 10 mins. The entrance is a little narrow hallway with a room off for the very friendly staff and there is a little corner where you check in. (quite dark)Tom was very helpful as were all the staff but we dealt with Tom mostly, we were early so left bags there and came back at three. Room 301 has a very large lounge/dining/kitchen area with tea, coffee, sugar and UHT milk provided. The penthouse Lounge etc area was a bit smaller but still large enough, with milk etc and it has a balcony overlooking the very busy Ancoats Street, which the smokers used. The views in the distance were lovely and as Manchester lit up at night it was even nicer. On first impression going into the apartments everything nice but very male orientated with the black sofa beds and tables , but I believe that they are doing a bit of refurbishing. It would have been nice if I could have used the table lamp at the side of the bed in 601 in the small room without having to move the bed, which I did but had to turn the heater off. Soap and towels were provided, shower in en-suite very good. Apartment clean but you can tell that the apartment have been used, we moved the sofa bed in the lounge to enable us all to see the TV and found a few bits and pieces underneath, also a lucky pound. (hooray). A couple of blinds broke as did one of the hairdryers but we told one of the staff and I'm sure it will get sorted, the hot water system could do with changing as you need to make sure it has been on for 20 mins before you have a shower/ bath. The walk to the MEN took about 8 mins. which is very good. All in all if there are a lot of us we would stay again.

Room Tip: Bedrooms away from traffic seem quite but if in lounge with sofa beds, earplugs at the ready, but ma...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thomas S, Front Office Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a comprehensive review of your stay with us. I was pleased to be of help to you on check-in and throughout your stay and have passed your compliments on to the rest of the front office staff.

I'm sorry that you found bits under one of the sofas and that the binds did not work, I'll be sure to take that up with our housekeeping and maintenance managers at our next meeting so that we can find a way to prevent things like that being overlooked.

As you say we are planning some extensive refurbishment work in the New Year and hope you will stay with us again in the future to see the difference.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2012

the entrance was a little uninviting but inside was another story well pleased massive apartment only 2 of us so we slept very comfortably on the double beds in each room.highly recommend, this 2 bed has 2 folding leather sofa.many thanks

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thomas S, Front Office Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your great review of the apartments, I'm pleased that the two of you had such a good night's sleep.

I look forward to welcome you to Manchester again soon.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2012

stayed here for a night with a group of girls, the entrance is a little deceiving of just how fabulous the accommodation is. Upon entry to the room, we instantly fell in love with the place, so spacious, clean, airy, the list can go on. The views from the rooms were superb and the service offered was excellent, too bad we only had a night's stay but would 100% recommend this place to anyone, good value for money, close proximity to the city centre. The staff members are all so helpful. Thanks to the entire team for making our short stay pleasant.

Room Tip: choose rooms that have bedrooms away from the traffic,you'll have a better time.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Jane,

Thank you for your excellent review, I have passed on your compliments regarding the cleanliness of the apartment and the service we offer.

I'm really pleased that you enjoyed yourselves so much during your one night stay and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel for a little longer next time.
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed at the city warehouse apartments in May 2012 with some friends. They were easy to find from the train station and in an excellent location.The staff were very friendly and helpful when we arrived and it did not take long to check in. The apartment was very clean, spacious and well equipped for a group of girls on a weekend away. The beds were comfortable and so was the sofa bed. As we had booked well in advance we got a really good deal and thought it was value for money. We asked the staff for a number of directions and each time it was no trouble and we were even given a map to help us. We easily walked to Harvey Nichols and the main shopping area. When we checked out we asked if we could leave our bags, as we had a bit of time before getting our train and we were told this was no trouble and our bags were locked away in a secure area. When we go back to Manchester we will have no hesitation in staying here again ! it was a lovely weekend, made very enjoyable by the staff here !

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thomas S, Front Office Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear guest,

I'm pleased to read such a great review of your stay with us in May. Thank you for your fantastic comments regarding the apartment and staff, I'll be sure to pass on your compliments at the next opportunity.

I'm really pleased that you had such a great weekend, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Manchester.
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the second time last Friday, but I never left a review the first time. I absolutely love these apartments. We paid £85 for one night which at first seems a lot, but for the location, the standard of the apartments and the helpfulness of the staff it's worth it - plus per head it's not too expensive.

There are a couple of car parks on the same road of these apartments, which cost a lot less than other we have stayed at. I believe they are around £8 for 24 hours as opposed to the often £15 per 24 hours you find in the slightly more central hotels. The hotel and surrounding car parks are very easy to get to, and all the shops are a minute walk away.

The member of staff that checked us in was very friendly and asked if we knew our way around. We visit Manchester often so we did, but it was nice to be asked and he provided us with a local taxi number. They do take a deposit here so be aware of that, ours was £50 but I believe it increases for the amount of people staying/the apartment you stay in.

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment (I think it had a pull out sofa bed too) which was very clean and comfortable. The kitchen is well equipped, and they provide tea/coffee/sugar and some milk. We didn't make any food this time but last time we stayed we cooked a whole fry up! There is a full size dining table for 4, two sofas, a proper size double bed (a little hard for me, but that's just personal choice), docking station and CD player. The bathroom is great, with a bath and shower over which was hot and powerful. The whole apartment is modern but cosy and home like - I could honestly live in one of my own! They really are a home from home. Although the hotel is on a main road, the windows are fully glazed and it makes a huge difference, it's pretty quiet even when there is traffic. You also have a mobile number to call if any of the guests are causing too much noise in the early hours.

I could probably go on, but compared to other aparthotels in the area, this is by far my favourite in this price range and I would not hesitate in recommending it. I will definitely be returning again and again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Emma,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent and comprehensive review, it's great to read that you enjoyed your second stay as much as the first.

I will pass your kind comments regarding the standard of the apartment, cleanliness and the helpfulness of our staff onto everybody at our next staff meeting.

I very much look forward to seeing you next time you visit Manchester, thanks again for your great comments.
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed for one night at the City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, so glad we chose this option rather than a hotel. We were lucky enough to get upgraded to the Penthouse apartment and it really was fantastic. The staff were friendly but unobtrusive and the accommodation was first rate. I loved the views across the city at night.

It was ideally located, only a 10 minute walk from the Arndale. The beds were firm but comfortable and everything you needed was in the apartment, even down to the complimentary tea, coffee, sugar and milk!

I will definitely chose this option when I plan to visit Manchester again.

Room Tip: What can I say were were upgraded to a Penthouse - it was lovely!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
CityWarehouse, Front Office Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Kath,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such an excellent review of your stay with us, I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your free upgrade into one of the Penthouses.

I've passed your lovely compliments onto all of the staff, I look forward to seeing you again next time you visit Manchester.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here with colleagues at a time when Manchester was particularly busy. I chose to stay here because all the other places I stayed in before were either fully booked or over priced and City offered very good value for a 2 night stay. Staff on check in were really helpful and friendly, they couldn't do enough for us. We were on the fourth floor, the apartment had 2 double bedrooms and 2 sofa beds with 1 bathroom (no ensuite). Bedroom one was spacious with the standard chest of drawers, a double wardrobe and 2 bedside tables with lamps. I was in bedroom two and it was much smaller with a single wardrobe and 1 bedside table and lamp squeezed in, there was no where to put anything, like drawers, luggage holder or even hooks on back of the door to hang stuff up, so this irritated me a bit because I had to leave everything on the floor and it looked really messy. The living and kitchen area was nice and spacious with big windows looking onto the busy main road. The bathroom was a bit tired in terms of decor but very clean, overall the whole apartment was perfectly clean. A generous supply of tea, coffee, sugar and UHT milk was in the kitchen, we were told on arrival to ask for more if we ran out, kitchen roll and washing up liquid were also supplied. The location on Gt Ancoats St and on the corner of Oldham Street perfect to explore Northern Quarter, Arndale, Printworks. Apart from the few things I've mentioned about the bedroom and bathroom I enjoyed the stay and would use again.

Room Tip: Great Ancoats St is a very busy main road so if you have a bedroom overlooking this road or have to...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CityWarehouse, Front Office Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Sonja,

Thank you for your great review of your stay in the apartments, I'm pleased to read that you found our reception staff helpful when you arrived.

I've taken on board your constructive criticism regarding the storage space in the smaller bedrooms and will be speaking to both our maintenance and housekeeping managers to see if we can add hooks to the back of the doors at your suggestion.

I will also pass on your compliments regarding the cleanliness of the apartment to them, so that they can mention it to the rest of their teams.

Regarding the bathrooms, you'll be pleased to know that all of the apartments are having refurbishments to the bathrooms in the near future, and I hope you will stay again afterwards to see the improvement.

Thanks again for your compliments and suggestions.