“A fantastic city hotel”

The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel
“A fantastic city hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

A group of us booked a room as a stop over for a gig in Manchester, only to be completely surprised by how nice the City Warehouse was. Impeccable rooms, great location and genuinely helpful and friendly staff. I will definately be staying here again in the future

• Stayed November 2012
CityWarehouse, Front Office Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

It's great to read such a fantastic review of your stay with us, I have passed on your comments to all of the staff who were delighted with your description of the apartments as impeccable, as well as your comment that they were genuinely helpful and friendly.

I look forward to welcoming you to Manchester again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

All the Manchester city centre hotels were booked, so I was faced with a dilemma, an out of town hotel, maybe a tram-ride away in Salford Media City, or an apartment? I couldn't face commuting, so the apartment won, and I found myself, once again, pleasantly surprised.

The City Warehouse apartments are situated on Ancoats, opposite the old Express Newspapers building. This makes it about five minutes walk from the Arndale Centre, the Printworks, the trendy Northern Quarter and Picadilly Gardens. Both Victoria and Piccadilly Stations are a ten minute walk. It's next door to the Frog and Bucket comedy club and a few doors away from the (frankly awful) Ancoats Travelodge.

Check-in was friendly and efficient and I was fortunate enough to get an upgrade to a two bedroomed apartment. Each room had a double bed, small wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside cabinet(s). The bathroom was clean and well maintained and when I requested a shower mat (the bath was too slippery to stand safely) one was provided promptly.

Obviously the thing that differentiates an apartment from a regular hotel room is the living room; this was about tewnty feet by fifteen, inclding a dining table and chairs, coffee table and two sofas that convert into additional beds. In theory the apartment could sleep six, but that might prove a little claustrophobic. There's a 32" TV, DVD player, CD player and iPod dock.

The furniture is definitely geared to male guests, black leather sofas, black glass tables, not a trace of girly pink.

At one end of the living room is a kitchen area that includes fridge/freezer, cooker, washing machine, kettle, toaster, cutlery and crockery. They also provide tea, coffee, milk, washing up liquid, liquid soap in the bathroom and clean towels.

The apartment was clean and well maintained, some of the furniture was a little battered, but nothing to complain about.

There's WiFi, but in all honesty it's a bit flakey, my iPad connected fine, but my laptop kept dropping out. Frustrating, but not the end of the world.

All in all, for an inexpensive city centre break the City Warehouse apartments are a good option, For multiple occupancies it's a bargain. I wouldn't mind staying again.

Room Tip: Rooms 4 and 5 on each floor are at the back and so a little quieter, but none are particularly noisy...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Bob,

Thank you for your excellent and comprehensive review of your stay with us, I’m pleased to read that you were pleasantly surprised with your apartment.

I'll pass on your compliments to our housekeeping and maintenance team; I know that they always appreciate kind comments on their hard work.

I'm sorry to read that you found our WiFi a little intermittent, I'll ask one of our maintenance team to double check the routers but unfortunately if there are quite a few devices connected that can sometimes slow the internet down.

I'm glad that you thought we were a good option overall, and hope to welcome you to the hotel next time you visit Manchester.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have stayed in this apartment 2 years ago And had a wonderful time and had no problems , however I have returned from the weekend here and there were a few problems .
We fully checked in just after 3 , there
At first the bathroom smelt , we were told there had been a problem with the drains and the maintance put belch down the toilet witch sorted the problem for a few hours only .
Secondly we tried to use the shower around 4.30 and there was no hot water , again the mainance came and did some thing with the boiler and asked us not to use the shower for 20 min's , we tried again at 5 and still no hot water , the maintace man returned and left the hot water , we still had to have cold showers as we had to be going out for a planned evening . We complain regarding this however was told we have to appreciate that the shower could of been used by the last guest at 12 and the water needs time to warm up , when we questioned if this takes 3/4 hours , we where given the same answe and then the manger said we shouldnt of use the taps , we hadn't used the taps apart to wash our hands after using the toilet .
All in all I wouldn't return .

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Lovelifepurelife
CityWarehouse, Front Office Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I would like to apologise for the issues you encountered during your stay. We always pride ourselves in making sure every guest has the best possible stay with us.

The problems you experienced were caused by a fault with the water system. Unfortunately, the problem is something that could only have been highlighted once the system was being used. This resulted in the smell from the bathroom drains that you mentioned in your comments, and the lack of hot water you experienced.

We re-cleaned the bathroom for you immediately, and treated the water systems and asked you to inform reception if there were any further problems. We didn’t hear from you again during your stay, and were, therefore under the impression that the problem had been sorted out.

Again, I sincerely apologise for the problems you encountered, and I do hope that a one-off maintenance concern doesn’t prevent you from considering us again in the future. We hope that we’ll have the chance to offer you the same enjoyable stay you had with us the first time you used our hotel.
Blackburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Booked at short notice in time for a trip to MEN Arena, these apartments are great value for money. Very well furnished and kitchen area complete with most things needed. The rooms were spotless and the few staff we met were very helpful including a night porter who made sure that we were aware if there was anything we needed, he was on call. Treat this place with respect it deserves and I am sure it will go from strength to strength

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CityWarehouse, Front Office Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Paul,

Thank you for this great review of your stay with us; I'm so pleased to read that you thought we were great value for money and will pass your compliments on to all of the staff, especially our overnight team.

I hope you enjoyed your concert as well as your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again soon.
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed here as a group of 8 girls for my sisters hen weekend in August. We had the Penthouse apartment and it couldn't have been better; nice clean modern furnishings, two shower rooms, enough mirrors for us all to get ready, plenty of space for everyone to sit and chill and an iPod dock for the essential cheesy tunes! The staff were all very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CityWarehouse, Front Office Manager at The City Warehouse Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

It's great to read such a lovely review of your stay in one of the Penthouse apartments, especially your kind comments regarding the reception staff, which I'll be sure to pass on to them.

I'd like to wish your sister the best of luck on her big day and I hope to welcome you all to Manchester again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed with 7 guys who travelled up to Manchester for a night out.

Perfect accommodation, we were even staying here or an Etap. There is literally no compassion. Nice apartments. Good lounge and kitchen. Couldn't have asked for anything more.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear John,

Thank you for writing such a great review of the apartments, your description of your stay as "Perfect" is fantastic to read.

I hope to welcome you to the hotel again if you visit Manchester again in the future.
Gosforth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed there after a night at the MEN. Good location - not far to walk. Delighted with our 1-bedroom apartment. Very clean and comfortable. Fealt we should really be staying longer to take full advantage ! The staff there are lovely. Very welcoming and friendly - we even had a curtesy call the night before to find out when we expected to arrive and offer advice on directions. On arrival, we were also lucky enough to be offered a parking space which happened to be available on site. Very comfortable bed and quiet room. We would definitely stay there again and happily recommend it. (Eating out : 'Ning' Malaysian Restaurant. Just down the road and absolutely delicious !)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dave H
Dear Dave,

Thank you so such for your excellent review of your stay, I'm pleased to read that you were "delighted" with the apartment, and that you found it "clean and comfortable".

I have passed your comments on to our front of house team who were very appreciative of your kind words regarding their service.

I look forward to welcoming you to Manchester again soon, and hope you do manage to stay with us a little longer to take full advantage of the apartments.