“Yum yum yum!”

Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Yum yum yum!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I had a fantastic meal here this afternoon. Never been disappointed yet. New member of staff in training too and he was great! Will be back :)

Rossendale, United Kingdom
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Had a really good lunch here today. The menu has a huge amount of choice and it took me a while to decide. All the meals had excellent presentation, good portion sizes and tasted good. My daughter ate from the kids menu and the portion size for her was spot on. The amount of places I've been and the kids meals have been huge. They are also very children friendly providing crayons and a colouring book as soon as we sat down for my daughter. The staff were excellent. Very knowledgeable, attentive and friendly. Overall a good experience and I would go back again.

• Visited July 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“After work”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Great to meet after work for reasonably priced cocktails. The food is authentic and the atmosphere is great! The staff are pleasant and friendly.

Northwich, United Kingdom
“Terrible customer service & cheap tasting cocktails.”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have been to this restaurant twice before and always rated it but, after going with my friend on Friday, we were very disappointed.

The tapas starters were gorgeous but the main course wasn't good at all. The presentation was sloppy - looked like something I'd served up for tea at home in the week - and there was only 3 or 4 pieces of meat in my chilli con carne.

The cocktails were 2 for 1 as it was happy hour but it seemed like the quality had gone down massively in order to fund this offer. They tasted very cheap and nasty and didn't seem to have much alcohol in them.

To top it all of, when my friend and I popped outside for an after-dinner cigarette (of which we informed our waiter beforehand) we were made to feel like we were going to run off without paying the bill! The manager chased us outside and was heard talking about us to the waiter. We made it clear that we had heard her but she tried to deny it.

We spent £60 in the restaurant and I do not feel like it was worth anywhere near that much. Such a shame that I will not be returning there.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank HayleyK1986
LasIguanasHQ, Owner at Las Iguanas - Deansgate, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for your review and I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your tapas if not your chilli which is a simple and robust dish made from both minced beef and the chunks you describe. We have been serving 2for1 happy hour cocktails for pretty much as long as Las Iguanas has been around (which is quite a while!) and the drinks are made to our own exact recipes. Our bartenders are rigorously tested on their free-pouring skills each shift and a perfect cocktail should not taste predominantly of alcohol as it should be a balance of strong and weak, sweet and sour. As with any food you order, should you ever be disappointed with your choice of order please do let us know so we can sort it out there and then. Lucy- Las Iguanas
Woking, United Kingdom
“Nice environment, great quality food - would definitely return!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My wife and I chose Las Iguanas for an evening meal before we left for Manchester but without making a reservation. We certainly underestimated the popularity of this place!

Don't make the mistake we did, wandering in naively expecting a table to be available for us - make a reservation!

Thankfully, we weren't disappointed as there was a space later on in the evening so we adjourned to a nearby bar to kill time.

On arrival, the place was still buzzing. Someone who appeared to be Assistant Manager or above showed us to our table. It was right close to the kitchen and pass which was great for us as we're passionate about cooking. The manager was clearly relieved as she said not all like sitting that close to the kitchen.

Nachos are one of our favourites so we had those to share. Those at Las Iguanas are amongst the top 2 or 3 we've tried and I echo the thoughts of reviewer 'wanderingbrook', they really must be tried.

Rather than choosing something typically Mexican for our mains we chose the Pollo Caruru and Camarao a La Criolla. My wife enjoys spicy food, more so than I and be warned: Even she said the Pollo Caruru was spicy. My prawn dish still had a good kick to it, but not as much as the chicken dish. Both dishes had wonderful flavours and we both really enjoyed our mains as much as our nachos starter.

The only shortfall during our stay was the fact our empty bottle of water and glass stayed on the table from the start to end of our meal. This demonstrates how busy they were. Even just one or two extra staff could really help. It seemed like there were a lot of staff on, but not enough for how busy it was.

That said, the whole experience was great, we enjoyed our food, the staff were friendly and Las Iguanas in Deansgate, Manchester is absolutely recommended.

• Visited April 2014