“Enjoyed trying different cuisines”

Las Iguanas - Deansgate
Ranked #55 of 2,325 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Brazilian, Latin, Mexican, South American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2013

On first impressions, this is usually the kind of restaurant I would avoid on a Sat night, as there was a hen party and 40th party seated near us, and it was rather noisy. However, the attentive staff, music and overall buzz created a vibrant environment, and once the food came, I was transported to Brazil. The Extraordinary Xinxim was recommended, and I savoured every mouthful of this delicious treat. They also have some great deals on food and drinks, time dependent of course. I will be back, as there are so many other dishes I want to try!

There are newer reviews for Las Iguanas - Deansgate

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Myself and 3 others dined here on Saturday night. Greeted by lovely member of staff who seated us. Out waiter was Pablo who was very informative and attentive. Food all arrived in a timely fashion and was enjoyed by all. Would return.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is our second visit, but this time my partner and I took our 14 year old son with us. The main purpose of the meal was to celebrate my partner's birthday. As with our previous visit, the staff were exemplary and the food matched this. Even a difficult to feed 14 year old loved the visit and the young lady serving us even gave my partner a birthday cocktail!
There was no rush to order, in a very relaxed lunchtime atmosphere and there was no let up in the quality of food. At slightly over £40 for three mains, two starters and four drinks this is exceptionally good value.
We really love Las Inguanas and will definitely re-visit. I would highly recommend it at lunchtime. We hope to visit in the evening at some point when it might be busier.

1  Thank Elwood_B_Blues
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The taste of Latin America hits Manchester.

Lovely food. For starters, meatballs were a joy, cha-cha chorizo beautiful, and sweet potato fries delightful. Mains, THE EXTRAORDINARY XINXIM was chosen because 'Pele Loves It'. It had lots of chicken, and was worth venturing out for something new. The CHURRASCO FIASCO was ok, but nothing more than ordinary.

Puddings were excellent, the AFFOGATO CUBANO was superb!

Once seated, the service was friendly and quick. And we managed to take advantage of the 2-4-1 cocktails too.

The room was quite noisy, not the ideal place if you are looking for a nice quiet romantic meal for two, but hey, when in Latin America, do as the Latin Americans do...

I would definitely return!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We dined here before a concert and we opted for the express lunch menu which is on until 6.30pm. We were served by a really attentive waiter who was not instrusive but was really efficient. We had 2 courses each and 4 cocktails each and the bill was just over £40!!! Excellent service, great food ,wonderful cocktails and fabulous value....we will definitely return next time we are in Manchester.