“What restaurant has the kitchen close at 6pm & still allow customers in after this time?”
Review of Kitchen at Circle - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kitchen at Circle
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I went to the restaurant with a friend for a catch-up on a Tuesday night in May 2011. When we arrived at the restaurant at 6:15pm, we were initially ignored whilst we were waiting at the bar to ask about seating. Needless to say, there was no-one else at the bar, the manager just decided he was going to finish the task he was doing before speaking to us. When we asked about dining in & that we had a voucher to use, we were told that they would not accept the voucher which was 241 on all courses, they would only accept it on main courses. After further discussion they still refused to take the voucher, saying that they had retracted the offer & we should not have been able to get it.
We decided to stay anyway & ordered our mains which took a long time to arrive, but because the surroundings were pleasant & we were talking we were not that concerned. The food was nice when it came, but unfortunately one of the orders came with goats cheese in the salad which was not mentioned on the menu, and as a result the salad was not eaten as neither of us liked goats cheese. Our plates were cleared away when we had finished and we then sat waiting for the desert menus. The manager was around (he was the only person working at this time) but was making no effort to come over to see if we wanted anything else to eat. We took the menus from the next table & decided on our order. When the manager eventally came over we were told that there was not many deserts as the kitchen closed at 6pm and the staff were not happy that they were still open. When we asked what there was still available, the manager said he would go & find out - this took him 10 minutes, When he came back, we were told that we could not have a desert at all.
I know it was a Tuesday night, so not their busiest night of the week, but what restaurant has the kitchen close at 6pm and remain open to customers after this time?

1  Thank DianaS75
There are newer reviews for Kitchen at Circle

Reviewed April 14, 2011

We went to Kitchen at Circle on Monday 11th April as part of a trip to Manchester to celebrate the engagement of one of the girls in the party.
The waiter who showed us to our seats was friendly and helpful, polite and cheerful. The decor was beautifully done and the cakes on selection looked fabulous.
However, that's where it ended. We ordered the steak, mushroom and gorgonzola sandwich and it was, without doubt, the worst sandwich I had ever eaten. The bread/toast was stale, the steak was overcooked and the rest of the filling was scarce.
We complained about this and the waiter went to speak to the manager. The manager obviously didn't consider the complaint important enough to deal with us directly and sent the waiter back with an offer of 50% reduction on the food.
As it was completely inedible we asked for something else and ordered croque monsieurs. They made the steak sandwiches seem like cordon bleu. The 'chef' had forgotten to grill the bread again after putting the bechamel sauce on so the bread was completely soggy. THIS was the worst sandwich I'd ever eaten.
We complained again to the nice waiter who went back to the manager. This time he felt he could grace us with his presence and very nonchalantly walked up and asked what was wrong.
He went on to tell us that the sandwiches were, actually, totally fine, and went and made up the bill for us. He charged for the 2 inedible croque monsieurs - not with 50% off though. We had to tell him to take off the cost of the food.
Throughout this entire exchange there was not one apology or an attempt to make good this terrible dining exerience.
I will NEVER go back to this revolting 'restaurant' and am making a point of telling everyone I can how utterly vile it was in an attempt to influence their decisions.

1  Thank theloubylou
Reviewed March 13, 2011

I am a regular at this lovely restaurant which is set within a special part of the City. My family and I went to celebrate my birthday. I booked in advance but when we arrived the waiter did not have our booking. When i booked i made it clear that I would be using a voucher worth £10.
The food was fine and the service was too.
When we came to settle the bill they refused to accept the voucher as one of us had eaten from the specials board.
Sadly this kind of petty attitude made our evening end on a sour note and we will not be going again.

2  Thank beth076
Reviewed February 18, 2011

The food at the Circle is great. I had lobster ravioli, rib eye steak and chocolate cake. All three courses were delicious. The chocolate cake was the best I’ve ever had.

What lets the Circle down is some of the staff. Some are lovely but some are rude and are only interested in tips. I paid for a pint of larger with a £10 note and the Polish waitress kept the change. It was awkward asking for the change, but I wasn’t paying £10 for a pint. When I asked for the change the waitress replied “well it’s table service”. This is appalling customer service and my advice is to vote with you feet and avoid the Circle.

1  Thank Lawyer28
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Visited here on Tuesday 19Oct10 at 6pm to take advantage of the free bellini offer and pre theatre two courses for £12.50. The bellini offer no longer applied despite being shown on the Restaurants of Manchester website the previous evening but the staff graciously honoured it. The two courses we had (pate and lambchops) were delicious and we were allowed the lambchops without the £2 premium because some of the offer items were not available making the special offer rather limited. We will certainly return but will be disappointed if the dishes advertised outside are not actually available at the time.

1  Thank mrj6