“Great location”

Ranked #40 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
kendal
“Great location”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights Friday-Sunday, food on the 1st night was really good and so was the service, 2nd night let us down as one of the waitresses was so rude and made us feel so uncomfortable, yet the man on reception was really friendly and helped solve the problem. The rooms were spacious and clean, although we asked for bedding to be changed due to a few marks which was there when we had arrived on the Friday, housekeepers didn't change the beds or our towels or the bin. Overall my rating is based upon the great location as its only a brisk walk into the city centre and the staff and receptionist based on the 1st night.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jazz2013
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for your review, We make every effort to ensure that all our rooms provide a comfortable, clean and welcoming environment to all our valued guests and on this occasion we have failed to meet those standards, I assure you that your experience isn't representative of our usual standards.

I am sorry to hear that your room was not fully serviced during your stay, please be assured that your comments have been passed over to our Housekeeping Manager to address with the team and re-train where necessary.

I am sorry to hear of the issues you encountered when dining in the RBG restaurant. The team do endeavor to deliver both a friendly and timely service to all our guests and I am disappointed to hear on this occasion the team failed to meet these standards. Please be assured that all our guests are of utmost priority and I do apologize if this wasn’t portrayed. I have passed your feedback on to the Food and Beverage Manager to address with the team and re train where necessary.

I sincerely hope that this particular stay does not deter you from returning to the Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brigg, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I stayed here with my partner whilst we saw Jack Whitehall at the Phones4U arena. Arrival was fine, hotel was clean and tidy. The room was a let down though. It was clean, however the bed was so badly made and equipped it was a joke.

The duvet cover was not big enough for the duvet. So whoever had made it decided to place the duvet on the bed the wrong way around by 90 degrees. The result of this was that the duvet did not cover the bed from side to side, but there was far too much lengthways. So, the said person had decided to tuck it all in at the base of the bed, literally lifting the mattress up at the feet by half a foot. So, unless you wanted to sleep on a slope it had to be corrected meaning having uncovered duvet exposed across one side of the bed.

Before a manager says, why did you not complain, when you get in at 12 midnight all you want to do is sleep, the room shoudl never have been left like that in the first place.

Whilst I am whinging, breakfast as well. We had a flight to catch the next morning so we up withing15 mins of the start of the breakfast serving. We had to eat whilst the tables for the buffet breakfast were still being set up and being moved around. Not a huge issue, but you would expect everything to be ready when service starts.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James B
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Good modern hotel in a perfect location that is easy to find with friendly helpful staff and good sized rooms. Breakfast can be busy but with a good variety of food to choose from and if they don't have what you wish the staff will ask the chef to accommodate your needs.

• Stayed March 2014
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Thank you for your review, I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found the team here to be very accommodating and helpful throughout. Be assured I will pass on your very positive feedback to the team.

On behalf of the team at the Park Inn I would like to thank you for your business and I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed here on Saturday 15th March for 1 night with family in an adjoining room. The receptionists were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean. We went to the swimming pool and used the sauna and steam room. The facilities were all very clean.
The food and drink were very expensive but then again it is a hotel near the centre of Manchester.
My only complaint was for the breakfast. the sausages were dried up and bacon was very greasy.I saw a chef checking the supply of food and asked if they had fried eggs and he said no. This seemed reasonable enough until I seen another person getting 2 fried eggs brought to them. A little courtesy costs nothing.
I dont know if I would stay again as the food and drink were very expensive and werent to a great standard to be honest.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Cóilín D
Thank you for your review, I am delighted you found the hotel and our location convenient for your needs during your visit to Manchester.

I am sorry to hear of the issues you encountered during breakfast service. Please let me assure you this certainly isn’t representative of our usual standards. The team do endeavor to deliver both a friendly and timely service to all our guests and I am disappointed to hear on this occasion the team failed to meet these standards. Please be assured that all our guests are of utmost priority and I do apologize if this wasn’t portrayed. I have passed your feedback on to the Food and Beverage Manager to address with the team and re train where necessary.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed in the hotel on business for 4 nights. Very clean hotel with great location near to the city centre. Food in the restaurant was excellent and all the waitresses were very polite and quick to serve me. Will stay here again in the near future. Special thanks to Magda in the restaurant who did a fantastic job looking after me.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This stay was the first time I'd ever stayed in a hotel and I was very impressed. We stayed for 2 nights. Nice spotless rooms, good breakfast and friendly staff. The double bed was comfy but had a wooden part in the middle of the mattress which was a bit odd.

The only problem was that after our first night it took until 4pm the next day for the staff to clean our room (we left to go into the city centre in the morning at 11). Which I think is quite a long time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

I am sorry to hear that you felt your room was not serviced in a timely manner during your stay with us, please be assured that your comments have been passed over to our Housekeeping Manager to address with the team and re-train where necessary.

Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Hi
We just stayed at this hotel 16. & 17 March 2014.
We had room 428.
Lovely hotel & everything including breakfast & quality of sleep were fab.
The only downside was that our hotel room wasn't cleaned or towels changed at all! Very disappointing for such a nice hotel.
Great location.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BurnleyJil

I am sorry to hear that your room was not serviced during your stay with us, please be assured that your comments have been passed over to our Housekeeping Manager to address with the team and re-train where necessary.