“Lovely Hotel...breakfast not great though”

Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #39 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel...breakfast not great though”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed here on Saturday 15th March for 1 night with family in an adjoining room. The receptionists were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean. We went to the swimming pool and used the sauna and steam room. The facilities were all very clean.
The food and drink were very expensive but then again it is a hotel near the centre of Manchester.
My only complaint was for the breakfast. the sausages were dried up and bacon was very greasy.I saw a chef checking the supply of food and asked if they had fried eggs and he said no. This seemed reasonable enough until I seen another person getting 2 fried eggs brought to them. A little courtesy costs nothing.
I dont know if I would stay again as the food and drink were very expensive and werent to a great standard to be honest.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Cóilín D
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Thank you for your review, I am delighted you found the hotel and our location convenient for your needs during your visit to Manchester.

I am sorry to hear of the issues you encountered during breakfast service. Please let me assure you this certainly isn’t representative of our usual standards. The team do endeavor to deliver both a friendly and timely service to all our guests and I am disappointed to hear on this occasion the team failed to meet these standards. Please be assured that all our guests are of utmost priority and I do apologize if this wasn’t portrayed. I have passed your feedback on to the Food and Beverage Manager to address with the team and re train where necessary.

I sincerely hope that this particular stay does not deter you from returning to the Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed in the hotel on business for 4 nights. Very clean hotel with great location near to the city centre. Food in the restaurant was excellent and all the waitresses were very polite and quick to serve me. Will stay here again in the near future. Special thanks to Magda in the restaurant who did a fantastic job looking after me.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for your review, I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found the team here to be very accommodating and helpful throughout. Be assured I will pass on your very positive feedback to the team.

On behalf of the team at the Park Inn I would like to thank you for your business and I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

This stay was the first time I'd ever stayed in a hotel and I was very impressed. We stayed for 2 nights. Nice spotless rooms, good breakfast and friendly staff. The double bed was comfy but had a wooden part in the middle of the mattress which was a bit odd.

The only problem was that after our first night it took until 4pm the next day for the staff to clean our room (we left to go into the city centre in the morning at 11). Which I think is quite a long time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

I am sorry to hear that you felt your room was not serviced in a timely manner during your stay with us, please be assured that your comments have been passed over to our Housekeeping Manager to address with the team and re-train where necessary.

Burnley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Hi
We just stayed at this hotel 16. & 17 March 2014.
We had room 428.
Lovely hotel & everything including breakfast & quality of sleep were fab.
The only downside was that our hotel room wasn't cleaned or towels changed at all! Very disappointing for such a nice hotel.
Great location.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BurnleyJil

I am sorry to hear that your room was not serviced during your stay with us, please be assured that your comments have been passed over to our Housekeeping Manager to address with the team and re-train where necessary.

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Attended bridge tournament at hotel. Wi-fi was good and conference facilities sound. Comfortable rooms, and when a change to one with a bath was requested that was no problem. Full board was provided, and the weekend cost was very competitive. Food was decent if unspectacular.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Boldon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I was in Manchester to see the very wonderful Michael Buble so chose this hotel as it was so close to the arena. We had a few drinks and a meal in the hotel before the show which was very nice. It is just so handy for the arena which makes it an ideal place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed here for a concert at MEN Arena. Great location for the arena and discounted car parking at the arena car park. Nice clean hotel, but a bit plasticky for my liking. Our room was round the back of the hotel overlooking some apartments and a fountain (and topps tiles!). Bar is a bit pricey but you are in a city centre hotel. Rooms are really clean with plenty of space. All housekeeping staff were really pleasant as you passed, and there are ice machines in the corridor which were handy for keeping drinks cold in room. Main problem was when booking online we were asked for an arrival time. We arrived after the time we had specified, but were told that our room wasnt ready & would we like to wait in the bar? We waited in the bar, and there were a few other people waiting for their rooms also. Makes me wonder if this is a bit of a money making ploy. Every table that was waiting in the bar was having a drink from the bar. If you have arrived when you said you would and your room is not ready, shouldn't any drink be complimentary. At £130 per night without breakfast, havent you already spent enough?

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple