“Crisp Room, helpful Staff, nice Hotel”

Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #39 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
North Wales, United Kingdom
“Crisp Room, helpful Staff, nice Hotel”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Having Tickets to a Concert in the MEN Arena, we decided to book us a Room for one Night.

This Hotel is very close (less then 5 min walk) to Printworks, with a lot of Bars and Restaurants. (and a Supermarket for the smaller Wallet). The Hotel itself is very clean, with a lot of Signposts to find your Way around and 3 Lifts to get to your Room. First impression of the Room on arrival was good, spacious Room with a View of the back of the Hotel, very quiet. The Shower was powerful and a lot of Shampoo and Bodywash, Lotion, Showercap, nice fluffy Towels small and big. Bed was comfy and Bedding was new and crisp. The Breakfast the next morning was good, continental and fully englisch, with lots of things to choose from.

Negative:
Outside Ashtrays:
One outside the Breakfast Area which was overflowing. In the Front of the Hotel behind the Plant Pots, again overflowing.
My Fridge in the Room had mould inside, I did not use it.

I cant comment on the Spa Facilities as we have not tried any of them.
All in all I would stay here again due to the good Location and the Room.

Room Tip: Ask for a Room towards the back of the Hotel, good, nice and quiet Night sleep!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am delighted you found the hotel and our location convenient for your needs during your visit to Manchester.

I am very sorry to hear that you encountered the issues with your fridge in your room, please be assured your comments have been passed over to our Housekeeping Manager for review and retrain where appropriate.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your plans bring you back to Manchester.

Neil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Guernsey
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is modern, and is perfect location for the shops just a 10minute walk away. Parking opposite is expensive, but the hotel do offer a discounted rate, but still £12per day. Breakfast has good selection but seemed cheap food, pool was big and full of chlorine. Our room was a 'business' room on the top floor, the bathroom didn't have have any vents so never dried properly and was always damp. Have stayed in better hotels for less money.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BexBrebs
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am very please to hear that you found the location of the hotel suited your need while in Manchester.

I am very sorry to hear you found our selection for our buffet style breakfast not to the standard you expect, please be assured that your comments have been passed over to our Executive Chef to be reviewed with our suppliers.

I am also very sorry to hear the extractor fan in the bathroom not functioning properly therefore left your room damp during your stay, I have passed this to our Chief Engineer to investigate and rectify this issue.

I would like the opportunity to make this right for you on a future visit to the Park Inn Manchester City Centre, if you wish to contact me on the number listed below I can personally rectify this for you.

I sincerely hope that this particular stay does not deter you from returning to the Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

0161 8326565
Blackpool
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Decided to overnight while visiting the arena for a concert, after my camp out in the arena car park on my last visit. The hotel is an ideal base for an overnight visit to Manchester as well as the arena, we spoke to quite a few people who had been to shows in the city centre as well as the concert.
Check in in the afternoon was a breeze quick and stress free we were soon on our way to our room, a suite that overlooked the front of the hotel. The room was brite and airy and very clean, the tea/coffee and bottled water being a nice touch. In the evening we ate at the restraunt and had a pleasant and not too over priced meal, later after the concert we used the bar facilities, again for hotel prices they were quite reasonable.
Breakfast was the usual Continental or Full English option, the wife going for the fruit and pastries and myself having the full English, both were enjoyed. It might be worthwhile pointing out the hotel can be very busy and have a very busy atmosphere, but the staff were all very attentive and knew their jobs very well (watching the guys in the bar making the cocktails was a definate eye opener).
Overall a very nice experience which I will probably do again in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very pleased to hear you found the team attentive and efficient, please be assured your comments will be passed over to the team.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed at the Park Inn for one night on business in mid November 2013 as I was visiting the Co-operative head office, which is a five minute walk away. The room was booked by my company, and check in was easy, despite me being part of a larger group. The room was basic, but still fairly stylish, and it was very clean. There was a flat screen TV, a hairdryer and tea and coffee making facilities. The room was booked as a twin, but it actually had two single beds pushed together so the bed was huge! The bathroom again was very clean, no bath, but that's not really important to me on a business stay. The hotel was very quiet and I slept soundly, no disturbances or outside noise. The hotel has free wi-fi throughout which is great. The breakfast was OK - the hot food could possibly have been replenished a little more frequently as things were running out and weren't being replaced and I didn't have time to wait around. The staff were helpful, allowing my colleagues and I to store our bags in the office whilst we attended our meeting which was really helpful. I would recommend this hotel for business travellers, but also if you're looking for somewhere comfortable to base yourself if you are spending time in Manchester for leisure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with at the hotel and were able to enjoy the location and facilities on offer.

I am very sorry to hear that your experience with breakfast was not to the standard you expected. The team do endeavour to deliver both a friendly and timely service to all our guests and I am disappointed to hear on this occasion the team failed to meet these standards. Please be assured that all our guests are of utmost priority and I do apologize if this wasn’t portrayed. I have passed your feedback on to the Food and Beverage Manager to address with the team and re train where necessary.

I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels next bring you to the area.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed at Park inn by Radisson for 5 nights as a base of exploring the northwest of England. Before I made the reservation, I checked out the reviews here and found the manager always reply every review patiently and friendly, which made me choose here because I really appreciate the working style and attitude of the kind.

The staff at reception was very nice, giving us welcoming greetings at arrival. And the room we got met my special request when booking, quiet, spacious, on a higher floor and has a nice view over the surrounding neighbourhood (really appreciate the ceiling floor windows!!!). And the still water and snack were offered everyday.

The only thing which could be fault was about breakfast, a great range of choice but the taste was a little basic. And the staff in the breakfast bar were always busy with cleaning the table and ignored the guests who were having breakfast. It happened all the time during our stay that we were asked whether need coffee or tea when having almost finished the breakfast.

I know finding an appropriate hotel is always a tough task in Manchester, especially when the clubs have home game. Compared to others, Park inn have a nice and convenient location, friendly staff and manager but the breakfast service need improvement.

Room Tip: ask for the rooms at a higher floor

Kind Regards,

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed there this weekend for 2 nights.. The room was spacious, very clean and the bed was honestly the most comfortable bed ever!!

Its a 10 minute walk into the shopping area, 10 minute walk from the MEN arena and also 5 minute walk to Manchester Victoria station

The food in the restaurant was reasonably priced and tasted great!

I'd recommend it!!

Kind Regards,

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2013

LOCATION
Spot on. Especially when visiting the Phones4u arena! A 10 minute walk to Arndale Centre and other shops.

ROOMS
Average. I was a little let down by the quality of the rooms, I was expecting more for what we paid. We booked a king size room, upon arrival the bed was not king size. We phoned reception only to find out there were no other king size beds left. Also, there is only a shower in the rooms, no bath.

CLEANLINESS
The hotel was very clean. Nothing to complain about.

SERVICE
All staff we spoke with were very friendly and helpful.

PARKING
Only the NCP across the road for the arena is available. Guests at the hotel receive discount so 24hours cost us around £14.

OVERALL OPINION
Great for quick overnight stays when visiting the arena, however the quality of the rooms is like a Travel Lodge, so be prepared.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am very pleased you found the location of the hotel convenient to your needs while in Manchester.
I am very disappointed to hear you did not find our rooms up to the standard you expected, the hotel does provide rooms with baths and are available on request at the time of booking. I would like the opportunity to make this right for you on any future bookings you have with the hotel, please feel free to contact me on the below number and I will happily add the relevant notes to your booking for you.
I am very pleased to hear the team and the service you received during your stay with us was of the standard you expected, and I will ensure your feedback is passed over to the team.
On behalf of the team at the Park Inn I would like to thank you for your business and I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Manchester

0161 8326565