“Perfect for visits the Phones4u arena”

Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #39 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Perfect for visits the Phones4u arena”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

LOCATION
Spot on. Especially when visiting the Phones4u arena! A 10 minute walk to Arndale Centre and other shops.

ROOMS
Average. I was a little let down by the quality of the rooms, I was expecting more for what we paid. We booked a king size room, upon arrival the bed was not king size. We phoned reception only to find out there were no other king size beds left. Also, there is only a shower in the rooms, no bath.

CLEANLINESS
The hotel was very clean. Nothing to complain about.

SERVICE
All staff we spoke with were very friendly and helpful.

PARKING
Only the NCP across the road for the arena is available. Guests at the hotel receive discount so 24hours cost us around £14.

OVERALL OPINION
Great for quick overnight stays when visiting the arena, however the quality of the rooms is like a Travel Lodge, so be prepared.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am very pleased you found the location of the hotel convenient to your needs while in Manchester.
I am very disappointed to hear you did not find our rooms up to the standard you expected, the hotel does provide rooms with baths and are available on request at the time of booking. I would like the opportunity to make this right for you on any future bookings you have with the hotel, please feel free to contact me on the below number and I will happily add the relevant notes to your booking for you.
I am very pleased to hear the team and the service you received during your stay with us was of the standard you expected, and I will ensure your feedback is passed over to the team.
On behalf of the team at the Park Inn I would like to thank you for your business and I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Manchester

Regards,
0161 8326565

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
North West England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This was our second stay at the Radisson Park Inn, prior to our arrival we had a couple of queries which were answered promptly and very efficiently by Katrina in Reservations. All of the staff in this hotel are very friendly and helpful and a credit to the Radisson group.

The food in the hotel is excellent, great choice of breakfast & our room service order was processed quickly and the food delicious and excellent value for money. We were visiting Manchester to shop in the city centre, great location, just under 10 minutes walk to Harvey Nichols. We look forward to staying at this hotel again in the near future.

1 Thank TOBSTERCumbria
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with at the hotel and were able to enjoy the location and facilities on offer.
I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels next bring you to the area.

Cumbria
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed here in July 2013, as seeing a gig at the MEN.
Very average Hotel, was really surprised how basic the room was. I'd booked a twin as was with my sister, the room reminded me of a basic travel lodge.
Bathroom was awful and the shower leaked constantly and all over the floor so was really slippy.
Slept awfully due to someone having an argument and trying to kick a door in a few rooms away (not the Hotels fault). I reported this as was concerned.
Breakfast was good and the staff very helpful who we're working breakfast.
Was offered a free upgrade next time we stay, due to the disruption but when I contacted the Hotel with upgrade offer email I have never heard back.....surprisingly.
Good for MEN as it's literally minutes away but I would not stay again as way too basic for me, I prefer somewhere with more comfort and elegance. Suppose it's a cheap option although saying that there are much better hotels in Manchester for lower prices.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marina P
Thank you for your review and for raising concerns regarding your experience on your stay at
the Park Inn Manchester City Centre. I am very sorry that your stay did not meet with your satisfactions and offer my sincere apologies.
We make every effort to ensure that all our rooms provide a comfortable, clean and welcoming environment to all our valued guests and on this occasion we have failed to meet those standards, I assure you that your experience isnt representative of our usual standards.
I am very sorry to hear you were disturbed during your stay from other guests within the hotel and thank you for rasing your concern at the time for the team to take appropriate action.
Please be assured that your comments regarding the shower have been passed over to our maintanance team to rectify.
I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed our buffet style hot and continetal breakfast, and you found the team to be helpful during your dining experience.

I would like the opportunity to be able to make it right for you, If you would like to contact the hotel directly on the number below so I can make every effort to ensure your next visit with us will restore your faith in the hotel and the brand.

Regards,
0161 8326565
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Easy check in.Nice room,comfortable bed,great breakfast.Good location.
Only downside is no parking on site.
Parking in MEN arena is expensive but at least it is close bye.
I will definately stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, November 7, 2013

Consett, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights, at the end of October so that we could see Peter Gabriel at the arena. Such a lovely hotel, great choice of breakfast, all rooms were very clean and all staff were friendly. The hotel is 10 minutes walk to the Arndale centre and 2 minutes from the arena! Only downside was that the drinks in the hotel were a bit expensive but the snooker hall next door was very cheap and the staff there were lovely.

Would definitely stay at this hotel again if I was to return to Manchester.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at the hotel and made full use of the location and facilites on offer.
I do hope to welcome you back next time your travels bring you to the area.

Lockerbie, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Had pre booked this hotel several months ago as the location was good for attending a concert at the Phones 4U arena. Check in went well, we had to wait 2 mins as the room was not quite ready but did not see this as a problem. My husband and I were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite so not going to complain and the receptionist (Yolande) was very polite and friendly.
The room itself was lovely, very clean and spacious with a brilliant bathroom that had a separate bath and shower and a nice selection of toiletries, plenty of towels and a complimentary bathrobe and slippers though I am slightly perplexed as to why there was only one robe and two pairs of slippers!
Good tea/coffee facilities within room and also a selection of still and sparkling water.
The hotel bar was nice, though a little pricey. We did use it twice and I must say that the bar person certainly knew how to make a good mojito.
There was a bit of a queue for the bar after the concert, but there was about 4 bar staff and we did not have to wait too long.
Slept very well in the huge comfy bed, however I wish the bathroom light was not on timer for so long.
Breakfast was good, just one or two points like the glasses for the juice were hot, did not realise that I could request fried egg as there was no sign and staff did not make you aware of this, appeared to be a lack of cutlery and some of the staff could perhaps do with a wee bit more training.
All in all though this is a nice hotel in a good location and I would not hesitate in booking again. We can not comment on the Grill restaurant or the health facilities as we did not use them as we were only there for one night....maybe next time.

1 Thank carolj66
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am sorry to hear that breakfast service fell below your expectations. Please be assured this isn't representative of our usual standards. I have passed your feedback on to the Food and Beverage Manager to address with the team and re train where necessary and take appropriate action in regards to communication in relation to egg availability.

On behalf of the team at the Park Inn I would like to thank you for your business and I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to the area!

Burton on Trent
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Park Inn when we came to watch the UFC.
We had an executive double room which we paid £169 for which included a breakfast. This is actually quite steep in comparison to the Hilton Hotels executive suites.
The room was decorated very well and had a small selection of tea and coffee, no mini bar in the room but there was an electronic safe.
The bathroom had a fantastic walk in shower but the door would not stay open, it would either hit you in the nose if you sat on the loo, or hit you in the rear as you stand to use the loo. A bit irritating (personal view as most people may not even bother about it).
We was not allowed to check in early and the check in time was 2pm, not a problem as we were offered luggage storage as we went out for lunch, which helped us out.
When we returned from the UFC at 11pm my wife wanted to order room service, she ordered two pizzas which at almost £13 for a 9" pizza was a little steep but she is pregnant and hungry!
The pizzas nevertheless arrived after half an hour so we called reception and was told they were on the way, another 15 minutes later we called back and was told they were very busy and there was a wait (no one told us at the time of ordering), after and hour and 10 minutes the food arrived and we were charged over £26 as there was a tray charge (again, not explained when we ordered). The food was hot but not worth the money.
Our sleep was mixed as my wife slept ok but I couldn't sleep as the air conditioning we set at 16 degrees but at 2 am it seemed mid 20's at least. There were no windows to open so it became extremely stuffy in the room. Such a shame as the bed was comfortable and would have been great if it wasn't so hot.
In the morning we went down for breakfast, we were asked if we wanted tea or coffee by Louise the waitress, as my wife is pregnant we asked if we could have decaffeinated tea, she replied there's only normal. No decaf coffee either. So I said why do you do decaf coffee in the room but not for breakfast. She then went out of her was to redeem the hotels lack of facilities and went to housekeeping and made my wife a pot of decaf coffee. That was a nice treat.
The breakfast was a nice selection of continental, cooked breakfast and yogurts, fruit and juices too. There was a nice selection but only scrambled eggs (which may have been powdered as they were runny and not very tasty), some people had hard boiled eggs which would have been nice.
The breakfast on the whole was ok but a larger selection of tea and coffee would not go a miss.
I would recommend the hotel to others but I feel there are slightly better hotels out there for the price.

Room Tip: Make sure your air conditioning works sufficiently as the rooms were quite hot without the ability t...
1 Thank Lee B
Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay.

In regards to the issues you experienced with room service, i completely understand your frustration in relation to the timeliness of service and feel that the team could have done more in terms of apology and gestures of goodwill for the delay. I have passed your feedback on to the Food and Beverage Manager to take appropriate action and retrain the team where necessary.
I am sorry to hear that you had an uncomfortable nights sleep as you experienced issues with the air conditioning. I have highlighted this to the Chief Engineer to investigate thoroughly. Please be assured this isn't representative of our usual standards.
The team do endeavour to meet all our guest needs including decaffeinated drinks. However, i am pleased to see that Louise offered the Yes I Can Service that the hotel prides itself in and was very helpful in catering for your needs. I have taken all your feedback on board and will ensure that the teams take relevant action to improve our services.