Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #39 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Whitburn, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Had pre booked this hotel several months ago as the location was good for attending a concert at the Phones 4U arena. Check in went well, we had to wait 2 mins as the room was not quite ready but did not see this as a problem. My husband and I were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite so not going to complain and the receptionist (Yolande) was very polite and friendly.
The room itself was lovely, very clean and spacious with a brilliant bathroom that had a separate bath and shower and a nice selection of toiletries, plenty of towels and a complimentary bathrobe and slippers though I am slightly perplexed as to why there was only one robe and two pairs of slippers!
Good tea/coffee facilities within room and also a selection of still and sparkling water.
The hotel bar was nice, though a little pricey. We did use it twice and I must say that the bar person certainly knew how to make a good mojito.
There was a bit of a queue for the bar after the concert, but there was about 4 bar staff and we did not have to wait too long.
Slept very well in the huge comfy bed, however I wish the bathroom light was not on timer for so long.
Breakfast was good, just one or two points like the glasses for the juice were hot, did not realise that I could request fried egg as there was no sign and staff did not make you aware of this, appeared to be a lack of cutlery and some of the staff could perhaps do with a wee bit more training.
All in all though this is a nice hotel in a good location and I would not hesitate in booking again. We can not comment on the Grill restaurant or the health facilities as we did not use them as we were only there for one night....maybe next time.

1 Thank carolj66
Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am sorry to hear that breakfast service fell below your expectations. Please be assured this isn't representative of our usual standards. I have passed your feedback on to the Food and Beverage Manager to address with the team and re train where necessary and take appropriate action in regards to communication in relation to egg availability.

On behalf of the team at the Park Inn I would like to thank you for your business and I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to the area!

Neil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Burton on Trent
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Park Inn when we came to watch the UFC.
We had an executive double room which we paid £169 for which included a breakfast. This is actually quite steep in comparison to the Hilton Hotels executive suites.
The room was decorated very well and had a small selection of tea and coffee, no mini bar in the room but there was an electronic safe.
The bathroom had a fantastic walk in shower but the door would not stay open, it would either hit you in the nose if you sat on the loo, or hit you in the rear as you stand to use the loo. A bit irritating (personal view as most people may not even bother about it).
We was not allowed to check in early and the check in time was 2pm, not a problem as we were offered luggage storage as we went out for lunch, which helped us out.
When we returned from the UFC at 11pm my wife wanted to order room service, she ordered two pizzas which at almost £13 for a 9" pizza was a little steep but she is pregnant and hungry!
The pizzas nevertheless arrived after half an hour so we called reception and was told they were on the way, another 15 minutes later we called back and was told they were very busy and there was a wait (no one told us at the time of ordering), after and hour and 10 minutes the food arrived and we were charged over £26 as there was a tray charge (again, not explained when we ordered). The food was hot but not worth the money.
Our sleep was mixed as my wife slept ok but I couldn't sleep as the air conditioning we set at 16 degrees but at 2 am it seemed mid 20's at least. There were no windows to open so it became extremely stuffy in the room. Such a shame as the bed was comfortable and would have been great if it wasn't so hot.
In the morning we went down for breakfast, we were asked if we wanted tea or coffee by Louise the waitress, as my wife is pregnant we asked if we could have decaffeinated tea, she replied there's only normal. No decaf coffee either. So I said why do you do decaf coffee in the room but not for breakfast. She then went out of her was to redeem the hotels lack of facilities and went to housekeeping and made my wife a pot of decaf coffee. That was a nice treat.
The breakfast was a nice selection of continental, cooked breakfast and yogurts, fruit and juices too. There was a nice selection but only scrambled eggs (which may have been powdered as they were runny and not very tasty), some people had hard boiled eggs which would have been nice.
The breakfast on the whole was ok but a larger selection of tea and coffee would not go a miss.
I would recommend the hotel to others but I feel there are slightly better hotels out there for the price.

Room Tip: Make sure your air conditioning works sufficiently as the rooms were quite hot without the ability t...
1 Thank Lee B
Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay.

In regards to the issues you experienced with room service, i completely understand your frustration in relation to the timeliness of service and feel that the team could have done more in terms of apology and gestures of goodwill for the delay. I have passed your feedback on to the Food and Beverage Manager to take appropriate action and retrain the team where necessary.
I am sorry to hear that you had an uncomfortable nights sleep as you experienced issues with the air conditioning. I have highlighted this to the Chief Engineer to investigate thoroughly. Please be assured this isn't representative of our usual standards.
The team do endeavour to meet all our guest needs including decaffeinated drinks. However, i am pleased to see that Louise offered the Yes I Can Service that the hotel prides itself in and was very helpful in catering for your needs. I have taken all your feedback on board and will ensure that the teams take relevant action to improve our services.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed here with two colleagues when attending a training course. It is a decent walk from Manchester Piccadilly station, so if you are less mobile I'd recommend a taxi or the tram. First impressions were favourable, it looks big and modern from the outside and there's a taxi rank outside too.

Reception is efficient and the staff friendly. I had phoned ahead to request an extension lead for my CPAP machine and was told that it would be in my room on arrival. It was the biggest extension lead I'd ever seen! My room was quite spacious, with twin beds that were easily pushed together for a larger bed. The shower was powerful and the bathroom a fair size. The lighting in the room was a little dim, but not too difficult to apply make-up by.

I had a really good sleep and didn't hear any traffic sounds from outside. The bed was comfy, and there were sufficient pillows for me. However if I'd been staying with my husband, I would have preferred a couple more pillows and also towels, which were quite scarce.

The breakfast was OK but nothing special. The waiter brought tea in a coffee pot so it tasted of coffee, which wasn't so good. There was a good selection of juices, even tomato juice with Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce.

Overall I would recommend the hotel as a good place to stay if you are looking for somewhere cheap but comfortable, don't mind a bit of a walk (the Printworks complex isn't far) and want friendly attentive staff to deal with. It's not far from the MEN arena so I imagine its a good place for concert goers too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Claire D
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, We make every effort to ensure that all our room provide a comfortable, clean and welcoming environment to all our valued guests.Thank you for your comments regarding breakfast and please be assured that these have been passed over to the Food and Beverage Manager to be addressed with the team.

With regards to your bedroom, the hotel do provide extra pillows and towels on request either at the time of booking or with the Front Desk team once you arrive at the hotel, this can then be added to your profile to ensure that each time you visit the hotel your requirements are filled.

On behalf of the team at the Park Inn I would like to thank you for your business and I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

Regards,
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2013

First time at a Park Inn, and thought it might be a bit too 'budget', but I was very pleasantly surprised.

Comfortable quite large room, spotlessly clean, staff helpful and friendly. The pool is a fantastic feature for a hotel in this price range. Location for me was perfect - you have to cross a busy road but are literally 2-3 minutes from Victoria. IHG Gold was recognised, with small welcome amenity, bath robe etc and late check-out (4pm, arranged in advance) was no problem. Room service was absolutely fine and decent value.

There was a slight hitch checking in because my room wasn't ready, but they got me a complimentary drink while I waited and it wasn't long.

Hotels in Manchester can be expensive, particularly on Saturdays, so for the price I paid it was great value and a very good stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Joseph D
Thank you for your review, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you have found the location and facilities within the hotel suit your needs while in Manchester. I am very pleased to hear that the problem with check in was resolved in a timely manner and did not inconvenience your stay with us.

Kind regards,

Kendal
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Hotel location great for GIGS at MEN & visiting centre.
Book Boddingtons car park on line(£9 for the weekend - fri evening to Sunday midday) - Great Ducie Street - just down road from hotel and a very large car park.
Reception very professional & pleasant, but don't take the breakfast option as it was very poor(the tea was awful) - got upgraded for booking breakfast. Go elsewhere - loads of pubs etc nearby do better breakfasts!
Hotel room good with good views over city.
Bed very comfortable.
Bathroom good with excellent shower.
Had problem with toilet which was fixed immediately.
Hotel bar ok but pricey as usual.
Did not have an evening meal as there is so much choice on doorstep.
Pool & spa are free but had no time to try unfortunately.
Would stay again.

1 Thank jimfol
Thank you for your review, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you have found the location to the city centre convenient for your needs while in Manchester. I am very sorry to hear your experience at breakfast was not up to your expectation, please be assured your feedback has been passed over to our head chef and Food and Beverage Manager to review with the teams.

Kind regards,

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a concert because of the location.
That's all the place has going for it to be honest, the closeness of the arena.
There is no on site parking, it costs £12 per day in the NCP opposite.
The breakfast was cold both days, and rather bland.
Our room was not cleaned very well when we returned for our second night; coffee and tea not replaced, bins not emptied, bath not rinsed.
The extra sized bed was great and comfortable, but the bedding was too small for it.
With the exception of a couple of lovely staff in the restaurant (Ruby being one), most of the staff were cold and disinterested.
For £199 per night I'm disappointed, whilst the little tray of nibbles in the room was a nice touch, it hardly justifies the cost. I've stayed in better Premier Inns for a lot less.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your recent stay at the hotel. Please let me assure you this isn't representative of our usual standards and the team do endeavour to provide a clean and welcoming environment to all our valued guests and on this occasion we have failed to do so.
In regards to the cleanliness of your room, i am sorry to ehar that this wasn't serviced thoroughly during your stay. I have passed your feedback on to the Head Housekeeper to investigate and address with the team.
I am also disappoint to hear that team seemed disinterested and unwelcoming. I will certainly be sure to address this with the team and revisit the Yes I Can values the hotel prides itself in.
In relation to your comments regarding breakfast, i do apologise that this wasn't a pleasant experience and i have discussed at lengths with the Food and Beverage teams as to how this can be improved.
I do hope this experience doesn't deter you from returning to the hotel and i look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Belfast
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Check in was smooth! Our twin room was very spacious and clean. Room was cleaned every day. Reception very helpful. We requested an iron one day and it was brought up within ten minutes. We also made use of the swimming pool, sauna and steam room which were clean and very good. Location is perfect with it only being a 5 minute walk to the Arndale shopping centre. On our final day we also had no problem using late check out (3pm) but at an additional cost. Perfect hotel in a great location and would definitely use again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you have found the location to the city centre convenient for your needs while in Manchester. I am very pleased to hear you made full use of our faclilities during your stay with us.