“Surprisingly good!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

First time at a Park Inn, and thought it might be a bit too 'budget', but I was very pleasantly surprised.

Comfortable quite large room, spotlessly clean, staff helpful and friendly. The pool is a fantastic feature for a hotel in this price range. Location for me was perfect - you have to cross a busy road but are literally 2-3 minutes from Victoria. IHG Gold was recognised, with small welcome amenity, bath robe etc and late check-out (4pm, arranged in advance) was no problem. Room service was absolutely fine and decent value.

There was a slight hitch checking in because my room wasn't ready, but they got me a complimentary drink while I waited and it wasn't long.

Hotels in Manchester can be expensive, particularly on Saturdays, so for the price I paid it was great value and a very good stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Joseph D
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you have found the location and facilities within the hotel suit your needs while in Manchester. I am very pleased to hear that the problem with check in was resolved in a timely manner and did not inconvenience your stay with us.

On behalf of the team at the Park Inn I would like to thank you for your business and I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

Kind regards,

Neil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kendal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Hotel location great for GIGS at MEN & visiting centre.
Book Boddingtons car park on line(£9 for the weekend - fri evening to Sunday midday) - Great Ducie Street - just down road from hotel and a very large car park.
Reception very professional & pleasant, but don't take the breakfast option as it was very poor(the tea was awful) - got upgraded for booking breakfast. Go elsewhere - loads of pubs etc nearby do better breakfasts!
Hotel room good with good views over city.
Bed very comfortable.
Bathroom good with excellent shower.
Had problem with toilet which was fixed immediately.
Hotel bar ok but pricey as usual.
Did not have an evening meal as there is so much choice on doorstep.
Pool & spa are free but had no time to try unfortunately.
Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jimfol
Thank you for your review, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you have found the location to the city centre convenient for your needs while in Manchester. I am very sorry to hear your experience at breakfast was not up to your expectation, please be assured your feedback has been passed over to our head chef and Food and Beverage Manager to review with the teams.

Kind regards,

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a concert because of the location.
That's all the place has going for it to be honest, the closeness of the arena.
There is no on site parking, it costs £12 per day in the NCP opposite.
The breakfast was cold both days, and rather bland.
Our room was not cleaned very well when we returned for our second night; coffee and tea not replaced, bins not emptied, bath not rinsed.
The extra sized bed was great and comfortable, but the bedding was too small for it.
With the exception of a couple of lovely staff in the restaurant (Ruby being one), most of the staff were cold and disinterested.
For £199 per night I'm disappointed, whilst the little tray of nibbles in the room was a nice touch, it hardly justifies the cost. I've stayed in better Premier Inns for a lot less.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your recent stay at the hotel. Please let me assure you this isn't representative of our usual standards and the team do endeavour to provide a clean and welcoming environment to all our valued guests and on this occasion we have failed to do so.
In regards to the cleanliness of your room, i am sorry to ehar that this wasn't serviced thoroughly during your stay. I have passed your feedback on to the Head Housekeeper to investigate and address with the team.
I am also disappoint to hear that team seemed disinterested and unwelcoming. I will certainly be sure to address this with the team and revisit the Yes I Can values the hotel prides itself in.
In relation to your comments regarding breakfast, i do apologise that this wasn't a pleasant experience and i have discussed at lengths with the Food and Beverage teams as to how this can be improved.
I do hope this experience doesn't deter you from returning to the hotel and i look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Kind Regards,

Belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Check in was smooth! Our twin room was very spacious and clean. Room was cleaned every day. Reception very helpful. We requested an iron one day and it was brought up within ten minutes. We also made use of the swimming pool, sauna and steam room which were clean and very good. Location is perfect with it only being a 5 minute walk to the Arndale shopping centre. On our final day we also had no problem using late check out (3pm) but at an additional cost. Perfect hotel in a great location and would definitely use again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you have found the location to the city centre convenient for your needs while in Manchester. I am very pleased to hear you made full use of our faclilities during your stay with us.

london
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Firstly no parking on site, you have to cross a very busy road with cases and park in a multi-storey car park. This isn't great for a female lone traveller arriving late.
Had dinner in room, not much choice and the meal not up to even average standard. Room ok, great view of housing estate opposite.
Good things, well, free wifi and after initial problems logging in, the IT help desk came through, can't think of anything else.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank margoLondon
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am very sorry to hear you found your recent stay with us not up to your expectation, unfortunately being located in the city centre the car park the hotel recommends is the most secure 24 hour NCP in close proximity to the hotel. Although our menu does try to cater for all varied tastes and does change throughout the year to stay fresh and seasonal. In regards to the location of your room, the hotel
does have rooms on the higher floors with more of a view of Manchester which are available on request at the time of booking.
I am very pleased to hear after initial issues that you managed to make use of our complimentary WIFI facility the hotel offers to all of our valued guests.
I hope that this stay does not deter you from returning to the hotel in the future and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time your plans bring you to Manchester.

Regards
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great hotel in the heart of manchester.
Car park opposite - rate reduced for guests.
Good food at the bar
Very clean rooms - a little noisy if you are by the lifts
Great staff
Easy walking into manchester but at the end of the day you can retreat from the party scene
HAve stayed here 3 times now and not had a problem

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you have found the location to the city centre convenient for your needs while in Manchester. Rooms away from the lift areas are available on request at the time of booking.

Regards
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is parked right by an NCP for which you can get a discount from the hotel for parking in. Also 5/10 mins walk from the print works, arndale and deansgate. There is a pool, steam room, sauna and gym. The rooms are good sizes and modern. The beds are really comfy and it's clean. We stayed here on a recommendation and would definitely recommend to others as it is a reasonable price. Would stay here again!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us, I am very pleased to hear you were able to make full use of our facilities during your stay and you found our location to the city centre convenient for your needs while in Manchester.
Kind Regards