Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #38 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at the park Inn in June as it was a 'quiet peaceful hotel'
However there was a wedding on & we were placed in the room above it, why do reception staff not check who is attending a function & who is not? is beggars belief do not just let the system allocate the room for you.
After that rant I will now give positive for the hotel:
Check in Good
Service Good
Hotel room Good
Cleanliness Good
Location Good especially for the shopping etc.
Staff very friendly & professional
After complaining several times about the level of noise the night manager asked us if we wanted to move.
We were leaving before 8am so it wasn't a good idea, we were however offered a free stay on our next visit or a refund.
I excepted the refund the first refund ever! as you will see from my reviews
! I am not a habitual complainer, but expect a nights sleep for £159.00.

Tom was fab - he couldn't be more understanding & apologetic, & his attitude was professional.
The company overall has not lost revenue as I have booked 4 nights in Lithuania at the park Inn for this week coming.

Hopefully my feedback will be used as a L & D tool improving customer satisfaction.

Room Tip: Ask if theres a function on before you sleep in 117 corridor.
1  Thank Les N
Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear of the noise troubles you experienced during your recent stay with us. The Front Desk team do endeavour to allocate other guests away from the function suite area when we have an event on, please let me offer my sincere apologies that on this occasion we were unable to do so and interuppted what should have been a comfortable and restful nights sleep. I do fully aprreciate your feedback and I am happy that were able to rectify this for you during your stay.
I will look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

There are newer reviews for Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here for one night as we was going to the Eithad Stadium on the 22rd June. The check in was very quick and the staff very friendly. We got a Taxi from the Piccadilly train station which was about £6.00. To the stadium we paid £7.20 and on return after midnight was £8.20. This hotel is in a great location near to the stations and pubs and clubs.

We ate at the hotel from the bar and grill menu which was of great value and very nice indeed. The price of the food and drinks are very reasonable.

The breakfast was very fresh and plenty of choice to choose from. We stayed on room only basis but did stay for breakfast the next morning, The cost of this was £10.00 and well worth it.

Would I stay again definitely.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thanky ou for your review. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and made use of all the hotel facilities. I do hope to welcome you back when your travels next bring you to the area.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Wanted to give it 3.5 stars which would be about right. We went for a business meeting on a Saturday in June 2013, arriving the night before. I have stayed here and had meetings perhaps 3 or 4 times before

Pros:
Very helpful meetings co-ordinator, Daniel. Nothing too much trouble
Food (buffet for the meeting) Really good, good choices and good vegetarian otions
Bedrooms comfortable

Cons:
Check-in staff unable to find boxes we had delivered before the meeting until I produced the name of the person who had signed for it and much searching of hotel by staff
Food: The Friday evening. Not expensive, around £99 for 3 of us. But steaks were flavourless and not cooked as ordered. We wanted to send them back, but had waited so long, and we were so tired, we didn't. Expressed our dissatisfaction to the waiter, who didn't respond in any way and seemed quite happy that we would eat on regardless. Breakfast buffet hot dishes were cold

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to see you enjoyed your meeting with us and the events team were particularly attentive. I appreciate your commetns in regards to finding boxes and i will be sure to address this with the Front Office team and review our procedures.
I am sorry to hear of your experience in RBG, I can assure you this isn't representative of our usual standards and i offer my sincere apologies. I have highlighted your feedback to the RBG Manager to take appropriate action. I do hope to welcome you back when your travels next bring you to Manchester.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had a lovely relaxing spa day here. My friend paid £64 for a 2 for 1 voucher on lastminute.com.

We were greeted by really friendly staff upstairs in the spa who gave us towels, slippers and a robe. The pool is small but great and the sauna and steam room were lovely. I was hoping for a jacuzzi but unfortunately they do not have one. There are plenty of seats around the pool where you can sit down, lay back and just relax.

We enjoyed a hot stone massage and a mini facial which was brilliant. The hot stone massage was absolutely amazing and the highlight of our spa day. We were given a complementary drink after treatment which we could take down to the restaurant.

After our treatments we went to the restaurant for lunch and were given 25% off food, the menu was very limited but the food was delicious. The service was quite poor in the restaurant and we waited ages for our food. We waited ages just to pay the bill, in the end my friend went looking for the waitress and eventually a waiter turned up. The hotel does allow you to go downstairs in your robes which we did as it was a hassle to get changed again.

I would definitely visit again for a spa day as it is in a fantastic location very close to Manchester Victoria Train Station.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you took full advantage of the Spa facilities and had a relaxing day.
In regards to the service in RBG Restaurant, i am disappointed to hear that this wasn't what you expected and certainly isn't representative of our usual standards and offer my apologies. I have highlighted your comments to the Food and Beverage Manager to address with the team and take appropriate action.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed just one night as we were going to a show at the Arena. The hotel is just across the road from the arena and hotel guests can get preferential rates on the arena car park (£12 for 24hrs rather than £18). From the hotel it's only about a 5-10 min walk to the Printworks area of the city, also Victoria rail station if you're not driving in.
We had a standard king room which overlooked the main road but there was little noise, and thanks to good blackout curtains no light distrubance either. Room was clean and bathroom was a good size with a lovely walk in shower.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.
We didn't use any of the restaurant facilities, only a couple of drinks in the bar which does stay open late at night, nor did we use the spa so can't comment on these.
I did get the room on an offer and would definitely use again if we wanted to stay in the city on a budget

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. It gives me great pleasure to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and made use of the location and facilities the hotel has to offer.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My friend and I stayed here as we were going to a concert at the Etihad Stadium. The staff were very friendly and check in was quick. Rooms were nice and clean and as previously mentioned plenty of tea and coffee! Breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice, overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels next bring you to the area.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Me and a friend stayed in the Park Inn the other night as we were going to a concert at the Etihad Stadium.

The checking in process was simple and the staff couldn't have done enough. The room was everything we had hoped for with lots of tea, coffee and milk (as I am quite the tea drinker, I could have a few cups of tea as usually I find many only facilitate for one cup each). The room was clean, tidy and comfy.

We went down for food in the restaurant, it was fairly priced and delicious. We had the chicken burgers and they came with cute baskets of chips. The staff sorted our taxi for the concert out as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and both the food and service was great. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team.

I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels next bring you to Manchester.