“Fine for Man United match weekend”

Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #40 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
“Fine for Man United match weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed here for a night as part of a package for Man united match tickets and one-night hotel stay. The hotel isn't located in a particularly scenic part of the city, but it is in easy walking distance of the Arnedale shopping centre and public transportation. As this was part of a package, I don't know if the rate was a special one or not, but all in all seemed to be a fair proportion of the ticket+hotel package. The hotel is a big and busy one, there seemed to be lots of tour groups/families staying, but the staff was quite efficient and at no point were we kept waiting. The room was big and clean, quite basic but modern enough, totally fine for one night's stay. Breakfast was included and was quite generous. I'd be happy to stay here again for a similar experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

we checked in at this hotel where we were greeted my 'Stephen'. He was very helpful and give us all the information we needed, also he seemed very polite and professional. We were given our key and headed straight up to our room.

The room was great, really nice and had a lovely view of the city. The rooms facilities were great and had everything we required. The only downside was that our toilet was dirty and un-flushed when we first arrived but no big deal, this was easily made up as housekeeping thoroughly cleaned and refreshed our room every morning which made me feel a lot more at home. Also we had a safe in our room which meant my partner was very comfortable leaving valuables in the room when we went out.

The first evening we went down the the restaurant where we were greeted by a very friendly lady called 'Petroi', who although was new to the hotel was very bubbly, friendly and professional. She served us throughout our meal and provided a warm and welcoming atmosphere. The food was great and I personally loved the presentation so comments to the chefs.

Also throughout our stay we payed many visit's to the bar where the staff were great. I was aware that some of the staff were new but did really well to put across the 'Yes I can' Attitude. As I am an employee of the Rezidor Hotel Development Group I understand the importance of 'Yes I can' and all staff did very well to uphold the policy and do everything for us that they could. The following staff made our trip incredibly enjoyable. 'Anna, Andrea, Adela, Patricia and Orhan were absolutely great and deserve the recognition. There was a problem processing my taste card which caused a bit of confusion but Orhan sorted the problem promptly and made my last day with you's great. he was very polite and professional and had a very 'down to earth' attitude. He did not just serve me but started conversation which was very welcoming. Orhan is a credit to the hotel and deserves rewarding for his efforts.

Another positive about the hotel was the Health club. Only used the Pool, Sauna and Steam Room but were really relaxing. The Staff behind the health club desk were very polite and very happy to help us with anything.

Overall this hotel is great and I would recommend it to anyone staying in Manchester. I thank you all so much for our stay and we are already booking to come back!

Room Tip: We only stayed in a standard room but was very nice, we were in room 204, very quiet and nice city v...
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was working nights - so needed a base between shifts. For £50 I had a fantastic, sumptuous room from 9am and they let me stay until gone 8pm so that I wasn't hanging around before work. There was no additional cost either. it was just so refreshing and gave me peace of mind to be able to book in, go straight to my room and relax. I had a great lunch in the restaurant. The staff were polite, friendly and attentive without being overbearing. As a lone - female - guest I didn't feel self-concious at all. By the time I left I was on flying form. The room was really big, the bed super comfortable - it was really quiet too. I had everything I needed and a rather luxurious batharoom too. I didn't try the pool etc but will do if I go again.

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet room if that's what you'd like.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
merseyside
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed here overnight to have a meal and go out in Manchester for valentines day. Despite the trip out in Manchester which i will probably not do again and getting spiked the hotel was lovely. very clean and the staff were very polite and helpful there was nothing to fault with the hotel at all I would definitely return. Unfortunately we didn't visit the restaurant or bar because we had a meal booked. It was slightly far out it was a bit of a walk nothing massive however if you struggle to walk this would not be ideal unless you got a taxi right to the door. The other thing I would say is they should get their own car park as had to pay £12 for the night there.
We did visit the pool it was very nice and the steam and sauna. There was a lovely nail bar I would probably return for a spa weekend.

1 Thank Rachel W
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

If your wanting central, clean, modern & an average stay then this is perfect. I was expecting a little bit more plush but if you are too steer away. By no means was there anything wrong with the hotel it just lacked luxury in a big way for a 4* and seemed a tad more Travel Lodge.
For example Two twin beds pushed together and interior is almost too minimal to have any sense of warmth. It's very business like and imagine it's the perfect stop over for peoplle working away and using it as a base.

However the staff were friendly, the hotel very, very clean and & facilities good.
A typically average if not a little disappointing stay for 4* although I would not deter anyone from staying just don't expect plush!!

• Stayed February 2013
leigh lancashire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Me and my partner were watching a concert at the MEN Arena which is literally just opposite the hotel. The hotel in itself was lovely. We had booked just a standard room, it was spacious and we had a nice view, bathroom had a walk in shower and large mirror. TV and hairdryer were provided as well as tea and coffee making facilities. The mirror in the room was huge too, with plug sockets next to the mirror and also had a full length mirror near the door. The bed was comfortable too. The only issues we had was the service, which is where our marks are reduced for the hotel. We called room service to bring us a cork-screw for our wine, and an ironing board plus iron. We needed this as soon as possible on arrival as we needed to leave for our concert in 1 hr 15 mins. It took them 25 minutes to bring an ironing board - without an iron or cork-screw, they then took another 10 minutes for the iron, and still no cork-screw... We called reception around 6 times as this was an urgency for us. The bar then told us they could not bring us a cork screw. My bofriend at this stage was angry as the service was unbelieveable. Once he had voiced his opinion, we was given a cork-screw to open our wine, which was taken away just after we opened it. This left us ten minutes to drink our wine, we didnt drink half a glass!
If you arent bothered about room service, stay here... The breakfast was lovely, the bar area was nice and on a whole we left happy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stopped at the Park Inn By Radisson 17/2/2013 for 1 night as we went to see The Killers who were brilliant by the way. The room was spacious with a wet room bathroom which was very nice. Our room was facing an office block but you could also see the railway track for Victoria Station. The room was lovely and quiet. I would definately recommend the hotel and stay there again.