Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #39 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Southampton
“Needs TLC”
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

As a business traveller I get to stay in various Manchester hotels and this is about my 5th stay. As I arrived at the nearest parking (NCP) the heavens opened and by the time I arrived I was soaked. Reception was nice and friendly and got my keycard sorted quickly so I could get to my room and dry off. Once all was unpacked I sat in the not so comfortable easy chair only to notice a nasty looking stain on the beds side. I only noticed it because the quilt was to small for the bed. If I had been visiting with my better half we would have struggled to both stay under it a stay warm. Also the pillow cases fitted poorly and I felt uncomfortable. On the good side the walk in shower was great and it was designed as a wet room which I loved. Not that I use them, the hand soap was nearly empty and had to pump hard to get the soap out and the shower one had the plastic bung in place so no soap came out. The food is over priced and the breakfast was uninspiring. This hotel needs a lot more attention to detail and it would live up to it's star rating.

Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Hi markerbuoy, thank you the review and feedback. It is only with such feedback that we can review the products and processes we have in place to deliver the service levels we strive to deliver every day to every guest. I have shared your feedback with the team and the relevant corrective action has been taken. I do hope to welcome you back for a 6th stay! If you wish to discuss the issues you encountered during your stay please do not hesitate to contact me.
All the best,
Neil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Barton-upon-Humber, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Cost of 1 night £139 - first question from front desk staff was do you want to upgrade as your booking doesn't include breakfast. I showed them the print out of my booking which included breakfast, sadly I didn't get an apology. Next question was do you want to upgrade to get wifi in the room. Why oh why don't these 4/5 star hotels include free wifi when a $10 hotel does? 4/5star hotel with no refrigerator in the room but after a request an ice bucket was provided.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and there was no traffic noise. Close by the MEN arena that is why we booke...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brian E
Hi Brian E, thank you for the review and feedback. Apologies for the confusion with regards to breakfast and you are absolutely right we should have known that it was included in your rate. Thanks for the feedback re WiFi, we are reviewing the pricing currently and all feedback is much appreciated.
I do hope that you will consider us for future visits to Manchester.
Many thanks
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Check in went smooth and fast as always, the receptionists are so efficient.
We booked the spa package this time and opted for the mini facial, I forget the therapists name (I did ask) but I've had a few facials in my time and this was the best. The technique was brilliant.
We ran out of milk for the tea/coffee which wasn't a problem as a quick call to reception and 10 minutes later we had it.
Only problem is I tend to gorge on the delicous breakfast in the morning!
I would recommend this package for anyone who is shopping, its ideal.
I will definately be going back again!

Room Tip: I've stayed on both sides of the hotel, you don't hear any noise and the beds are so comfort...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hi angelina1uk, thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review, much appreciated. I hope to welcome you back soon for your 5th stay!
All the best,
Chester, England
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed here for one night to attend an event at the MEN/MCR arena. Ideal location opposite the arena. Check in was quick and friendly. We had a twin room on the first floor - no view to speak of but the room was clean and spacious. Bathroom clean with toiletries provided and large fluffy towels. Breakfast was tasty and plentiful and service good. We didn't use the bar or eat in the restaurant in the evening - the menu did look expensive.We paid £60 B&B which was well worth the money especially given the location. We didn't drive there but you can park your car at the arena car park for a 20% discount.

The hotel isn't 4* as it claims but then we didn't pay 4* prices. For the money, it was ideal and I would stay there again when visiting the arena.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Leeds
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Check in was excellent, very efficient and friendly. Hotel room was basic, along the same standard as a travel lodge or ibis hotel, which is fine if paying those kind of prices, we payed £170 for 1 night for 2 adults....3 star accommodation at 5 star price.
Breakfast was good, the staff were constantly refilling everything, we went during peak time and didn't have to wait for anything.

We chose this hotel due to its close proximity to the m.e.n, next time we go to see an event there we will chose a different hotel, something worthy of its price and star rating

• Stayed September 2012
Llangollen
Reviewed September 27, 2012

On arrival we were well attended to and the initial contact was good. We moved to the bar for a drink with friends and found the service pretty average. 2 of out group ate and were quite positive about the bar snack and the swiftness of its arrival.
When we went up to our room we found our room to rival a new build hall of student residence. Pretty sterile and soulless to say the least.
When we went for showers we found the bathroom smelt like a bad urinal. That smell didnt go away. I did report it to the front desk so if anyone is ever in room 318 and its still there then perhaps it would be worth letting us all know.
After going out for dinner we returned to have a good nig drink. The service was worse than it had been on arrival and quite a few people waiting for service gave up and left. My glass of wine was priced at £8.00 and that was the only reason I drank it. If the house wine is representative of how the company sees its house then there is no value to be had.
Breakfast was fine although once again the staff seemed quite disorganised and without direction.
Location wise the hotel was well positioned with good parking opposite. We were only there the one night and I dont think I would have been happy had we been staying any longer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
County Meath, Ireland
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed here for two weekend nights at the end of April 2012. Nice, newly built, comfortable hotel. Very functional for a short stay. Not too expensive for B&B (the breakfast is quite good) but the bar food later in the day is overpriced for what it is - microwaved style burgers, panninis etc. The hotel is close to plenty of shopping and eating out and appeared to us to command a reliable taxi service. Our room was on the 4th floor, overlooking the furniture suppliers and the snooker centre across the road but there was no noticeable noise from the street. We would definitely stay here again B&B, but we wouldn't eat here in the afternoon or evening.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple