“Lion King a must see at the palace.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palace Theatre

Palace Theatre
Ranked #23 of 171 things to do in Manchester
Chester, United Kingdom
“Lion King a must see at the palace.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Lion King was amazing, best musical i have ever seen! The costumes were detailed the choreography was outstanding and the whole thing was moving . I was on the second to front row so I got a giraffe in my face, which I stroked. There are no words to describe the overall feel of the musical, it was Just Phenomenal.

Visited March 2013

UK
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Africa on Stage - The Lion King”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

We watched the film before we went to see the show and we couldn't imagine how they were gonna capture this superb film on stage. I really enjoyed it, I thought Scar's performance was particulary good and that he had the best part. They put on a real show, with the singing and dancing I felt like I was in Africa....We were 3 rows from the front and I think you'd be better sitting a bit further back as your neck feels a bit stiff looking up all the time and then you couldn't always see when the cast were lying on the stage as you were too close. The animals going down the aisles were really good as was the opening song after the interval. First time at the theatre, i'm glad we made the effort!

2 Thank Shenzie
Chorley, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Wow! I have seen many shows around the world however this has to be the best!
The costumes are out of this world, the music made the performance.
I thought a few of the singers would of had stronger voices but it was till an amazing performance.
We sat on the front row of the circle and I would say they are the best seats as you can see all the stage. The seats are very cramped but that is what you get for going to an old theatre.
Considering we paid £55 per ticket I thought the merchandise was rather dear. We paid £8 for a programme with not much in it. It doesn't even have a list of the cast in it. Surely they are the people that make the show?

All in all though it was a fantastic show and I would go and see it again!

3 Thank Nichola H
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 295 helpful votes
“Superb... We felt as though we were part of it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went to see the lion king recently and sat on the very front row, the whole production was top notch and we felt as though we were right up on stage with them, the use of objects was excellent and even let the crowd get involved at points (beginning etc)... The opening scene is brilliant and you'll not be dissapointed by going to this show!!!

Visited January 2013
5 Thank UKworldtrotters
Cheshire, UK
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The Lion King”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Very colourful and visual, but the show didn't do it for me at all. Maybe I should have watched the film first. Obviously I'd heard raves over it, and decided to go and see it, but view it as average.

Seats are cramped in this theatre especially if you are well fed! Lovely building, good service, but would like to see more drinks and snacks available. Very central for travellers,

Sat in the stalls, viewing from my seat was good but slightly restricted. Prefer opera house

1 Thank wannadecentdeal