“Great night out”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great night out”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Went to see Dirty Dancing at The Palace Theatre with a group of friends. The Theatre was lovely and the staff were really friendly and helpful. They put on a great performance and the atmosphrere was buzzing!
The only negative thing i can say is that some of the seats had "limited" leg room...and they`re not joking, so beware when your booking your seats!

Visited December 2011

Manchester UK
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Good shows but very cramped”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Seats are too cramped and there is no air conditioning making it very uncomfortable in summer. They do have good shows on but it is just a shame that they didn't increase the legroom and add air con when they did the last very extensive refurbishment. The Lowry is much more comfortable but shows completely different types of show so you may be forced to go to the Palace after all. The best theatre in Manchester is The Royal Exchange (in my opinion)

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“poor sound”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

i went to see dirty dancing with two friends , my ticket was an xmas present off one of my friends that came with me. the view was good but the sound was poor as my friend had never seen the film and kept having to ask me what they were saying. the performance was messy . My friend totally didnt enjoy it and was very apologetic that she had bought me this present . hopefully this wont put her off from visinting your theatre again ,

Visited January 2012
1 Thank lynn h
Manchester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I received tickets to see Dirty Dancing at the Palace Theatre as a Christmas present. I have seen this film many times.What a disappointment! We were sat in the Grand Tier at the back. These seats are the most uncomfortable I have ever experienced. The performance was amateurish and the dancing far from good. We actually left at half time as we were hot and very very uncomfortable. I agree with the reviewer who said that this has been put together to exploit the popularity of Dirty Dancing. I will never go back to this theatre again. The seating needs updating. If they want people to go to the theatre they should treat them better, cramming people in like sardines is unacceptable!

Visited January 2012
2 Thank blittle1
Manchester
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Great theatre, shame about Dirty Dancing.”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I have visited the Palace Theatre on many occasions and have enjoyed some really good shows. Unfortunately Dirty Dancing was the worst show I have ever seen anywhere. The singing, acting and direction were poor and the dancing was average. The ice cream during the interval was rather nice if a tad expensive. Hopefully I will return soon to see something better.

I usually sit in the stalls and the seats are comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Visited December 2011