Tripadvisor
Manchester
Post
Inbox
Search

“Fantastic place -food & atmosphere”
Review of The Creameries

The Creameries
Ranked #610 of 2,882 Restaurants in Manchester
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Fantastic place -food & atmosphere all fabulous but especially the food- wow!!
Would definitely recommend- and hope to be back when next in Manchester

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (102)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We had the 5-course "supper menu" and it was a delight. Starting off with some really lovely snacks (stand-out here is the split-pea chips) we then moved on to a series of small dishes each of which demonstrates some serious cooking talent. Highlight was the game pie which made up for it's small proportions with huge flavour - it was heavenly. I think I may have whooped ...
If you like to go to a place where you have lots of choice, or recognisable restaurant staples then this won't be for you. But for really original food you would have no chance of creating at home, big flavour and texture combinations, conjured up out of less well known ingredients, then you're in for a treat.
Wine is by the bottle, glass or carafe (the latter from some kind of fancy wine keg) - a little pricey but very high quality.
Yes the individual portions are small, but they add up to a meal and we departed feeling well fed.
Give it a try - it's the best meal I've had in Chorlton by a long way

Reviewed January 12, 2020

It’s a shame to read about portions sizes being smaller from other reviewers. I feel they have missed the point of this lovely restaurant. The food is superb, delicately created and beautifully presented. The taster menu was impressive for its cost. Each dish brought fresh locally sourced ingredients to your plate and paired with the wine flight created the perfect balance. The staff were so lovely, you felt like they were really interested in passing on their knowledge of food and wine without seeming like you were being read to. I’m so happy somewhere like this is on our doorstep. If you would like massive portions perhaps try Pizza Hut.

Reviewed January 11, 2020 via mobile

But the portions really are tiny. I realise this is somewhere which is all about quality and taste, and the food absolutely delivers - but they really do need to put a few sides on the menu for those who want the option of a carb or veg of some sort. Service was friendly, and overall the lunch menu represents good value. But I wouldn't like to dine there with anyone particularly hungry.

Reviewed January 1, 2020

I’m not sure what some other reviewers ideas of portion size are in a restaurant such as this but I wholehearedly disagree with anyone why says the portions were too small! The food here is sourced locally and each dish clearly takes time to build and a skilled chef to execute it. I also support the zero waste initiative, leading to some thoughtful and interesting dishes.
We had the NYE 6 course menu and every dish was beautifully cooked and thought out. I found myself exploring the different flavour combinations in each dish, excitedly discussing each one with my party.
The venison is to die for, as well as the hazelnut parfait. Each element works beautifully to balance the flavours on each dish. Yes, there is a wait between dishes but what do you expect for food of such calibre?
The staff where knowledgeable and friendly and the chefs greeted us warmly. I have nothing but respect for the people who work here, please do not listen to people moaning about portion sizes or seating (yes it’s benching and it’s modern but I was fine for over 3 hours!). You will be sorely missing the point of this delightful restaurant by doing so.

Date of visit: December 2019