“very imperessed with the service” 4 of 5 bubbles

ABode Restaurant
Ranked #340 of 2,185 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In the bustling centre of Manchester's Piccadilly, ABode Restaurant at ABode Manchester offers smart modern European cooking from its period location inside a former cotton merchant's warehouse. Situated on the lower ground level, this elegant restaurant has a buzzy, easygoing vibe, with snappy grazing menus and express lunches for busy diners and sumptuous à la carte offerings for more leisurely meals. Typically creative dishes include pan-fried brill with creamed leeks and chive butter sauce or best-end of lamb with onion and thyme purée.
Wicklow, Wicklow, Ireland
“very imperessed with the service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

we visited manchester recently and my girlfriend wanted to visit michael caines and im glad we did the service was one of the best we've ever had from front of house to our servers they checked on us just enough with out being to much recomended good dishes and wine and were extremely polite the food was to a high standard and the selection of wine was very good and reasonably priced the only complaint i could have was my girlfriend ordered the half chicken and chips and the chips were charged as an extra to me all mains should come accompanied by chips/side salad etc but over all we enjoyed it and would visit again

• 3 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
shrewsbury
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I booked to go with my daughter, taking advantage of the cheaper, set menu 6-7pm. The place is lovely and calm, the tables are well spaced out too. The service is excellent, attentive and informative without been over the top or patronising ! As for the food it was simply the best meal I have ever had,the food is unfussy and the flavours are delicate and divine.We weren't sure we would have enough, both of us are hearty eaters, but 2 courses and sharing one cheeseboard was plenty. I desperately want to take everyone I know and love here so they too can experience the wonderful food, service and lovely ambience of this incredible restaurant.
PS The bread basket is delicious and great value for money

Manchester, U.K
“Amazing flavours”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is my first visit to the restaurant in Manchester. I have been to the Café Bar and Grill a few times and was not particularly impressed with the food.
However, the dining experience at the restaurant in Chester a few years back was excellent. This time around in Manchester, the three of us had the 3-course meal from the Early Evening menu and we were blown away with the flavours and presentation of the dishes. The starter of “Roasted Jerusalem artichoke consommé” was tasty and executed brilliantly by our waitress when she pour the clear jus onto the plate. You can smell the flavours and aroma of the dish before you even start. Our mains of the Roasted Cod and Pork Belly were also very good. Both dishes tasted great and presentation was nice. We were also delighted with our desserts. (see my dessert attached)

I admit having eaten at some top restaurants in the UK and Europe, Michael Caines still fascinates me with his creative food menu and I consider this one of the best meals. The staffs were friendly and took time to explain each dish to us when it was served to our table. Overall, I enjoyed the meal very much and will definitely be back sooner than later. Keep up the good standards.

1 Thank MaveRic18
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great birthday treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Was treated to a meal here for my birthday, we ordered from the a la carte menu which was lovely, but I did feel it was more expensive than it was worth. The waiter was very knowledgeable and attentive, explaining each course to us as it was presented. We had pigeon and pork belly for our main courses, which were cooked and presented beautifully, but were small portions for the cost. Dessert was nice but the ice cream was the better part, and we were brought a little plate of complimentary chocolates with 'happy birthday' on which was a nice touch. Overall it was good for a special occasion but you get the feeling you're paying for the name.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Donaghadee, United Kingdom
“Good food, good night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I took my husband for dinner to celebrate his birthday. The food and service were excellent. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. The food was superb smoked spinach was a real surprise in a good way. At the end of the meal they produced a beautiful birthday plate for my husband which was a very nice thought. It is expensive but for special occasions it is well worth it

Visited February 2014