“No where near the competition”
Review of Henry J. Beans - Manchester - CLOSED

Henry J. Beans - Manchester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Situated in the busy Printworks complex in the centre of the city, Henry J Beans in Manchester has built up an enviable reputation for delivering an authentic and successful American bar and grill proposition. With its richly stained and varnished timbers, dark wooden flooring and conveniently zoned interior, offering bar seating, comfortable lounge areas, a separate dining area with booth seating and a dance floor, Henry J Beans in Manchester certainly delivers an authentic American experience. Our menu features all of the most popular American favourites, from our world famous burgers and hot dogs, to mouth-watering steaks, ribs and platters and you can be sure that the quality of our food and service is second to none! And at night Henry J Beans really is the place to party, with the biggest selection of spirits in Manchester, a delicious range of quality cocktails, wines and beers and regular entertainment in the form of DJ’s and live music, all guaranteed to ensure that you always leave wanting more.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“No where near the competition”
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Tried this place despite it being in the middle of numerous other places and unfortunately very average. The atmosphere wasn't good and the place was not busy (which should have been a clue) we had a couple of burgers and beers and our bill came to £35, which I thought was expensive as the food was nothing to sing home about. I'm not saying that my burger wasn't nice just that I've had better that's all and given this places location there is plenty to go at!

• Visited December 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Four complaints in one hour”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Firstly I'd like to point out that, whilst I was eating at this restaurant, three other tables made complaints. One group even walked out, leaving their drinks.

The "fresh" starter of battered cream cheese jalapeños were still part-frozen inside. We complained and we were told that they wouldn't charge us.

We paid a premium price for a posh milkshake which was about 80% ice and hardly any actual drink.

From what I remember my sandwich was fine, but we didn't stick around for a dessert after our potential food poisoning incident with the starter, which they did charge us for.

They were not particularly busy, but the service was very slow.

The staff seemed confused at the prospect of taking both the cost of the starter from the bill as well as redeeming our voucher, which was the reason we went. Apparently we can't get compensated for potentially being poisoned if we have money off in the first place.

The upside is we did have a good laugh watching the complaints flood in, but we went for food, not a comedy.

• Visited June 2013
cheshire
“Family day out”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to go to Hard Rock Cafe but found it was full, so we walked further on and came to Henry j beans which was empty. We ordered our food but the edit waitress came back twice to tell us food we'd ordered was off the menus. When the food arrived the waitress plonked the food down and ran off before we could ask for sauces and more drinks! I then had to go looking for someone. I saw a couple leave due to the poor service. The food on the whole was good apart from the chicken wings which were in edible . I sent these back and did not pay for them. It was an ok meal all in all but wouldn't eat there again.

• Visited December 2013
Lancaster, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great buzz and great food”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Brilliant for a lively meal out with friends! Good music, great food (can highly recommend the bean burger).
Great value for money. Wouldn't go on a romantic night out but spot on for a get together with friends.

Visited November 2013
Warrington, United Kingdom
“worst service”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We went to harry j beans pre concert, we thought we had arrived with plenty of time 5.30 when the concert started at 8pm. Was seated with no problem, the service after that was terrible, food was slow coming, and not one word of communication from the waiting staff, food plonked in front of us. Meal finished we waited 20 mins for our plates to be removed, again not a single word from the waitress, and by the time I started to ask for the dessert menu she had gone. 30 mins later and numerous attempts to attrack someone, anyones attention, we finally got the bill. I had my credit card purposely in my hand, and again not one word was uttered by the waitress. Once again numerous attempts to pay the bill were ignored, eventually we managed to pay the bill, get out of the place and arrive at the concert late.
Will never go there again dreadful.

• Visited October 2013