“Rowdy but interesting”

Henry J. Beans - Manchester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated in the busy Printworks complex in the centre of the city, Henry J Beans in Manchester has built up an enviable reputation for delivering an authentic and successful American bar and grill proposition. With its richly stained and varnished timbers, dark wooden flooring and conveniently zoned interior, offering bar seating, comfortable lounge areas, a separate dining area with booth seating and a dance floor, Henry J Beans in Manchester certainly delivers an authentic American experience. Our menu features all of the most popular American favourites, from our world famous burgers and hot dogs, to mouth-watering steaks, ribs and platters and you can be sure that the quality of our food and service is second to none! And at night Henry J Beans really is the place to party, with the biggest selection of spirits in Manchester, a delicious range of quality cocktails, wines and beers and regular entertainment in the form of DJ’s and live music, all guaranteed to ensure that you always leave wanting more.
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We were told there would be a 20 minute wait on a saturday night, our own fault as we hadn't booked, so we got a drink and sat at the bar to wait.

The 2 drinks (rum and coke) cost nearly £10, which didn't impress me much, considering they were only singles.

Half an hour later, we finally got a table. The staff were very friendly, I can't fault their service in that respect- but it did take a while for us to get served and the food took a while to arrive too - although they do say that it's freshly cooked, so that will be why.

The food prices were reasonable and it looks like the cocktails are well priced too- I wish we'd known that before we got the spirit and mixer! I had a pulled pork sandwich with salad, which was lovely and the corn on the cob was gorgeous too. However- if you want pulled pork - I reccomend the Hard Rock Cafe round the corner instead, as thats far more tasty and costs about the same.

overall, a nice enough place- but book your table. The decor is interesting and the staff are friendly. The place was very rowdy when we went though, as it seemed ot be full of stag and hen dos, so don't go for a quiet meal!

1  Thank Ikkleruby

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Enjoyed this place on a Friday Night, it was busy, the service was excellent and friendly, and the food although basic, very nice and reasonably priced.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Went here before a gig just for a quick meal. Good choice as we had some great food!

When we arrived, we were shown to a table and ordered some drinks. While we decided on what to eat, we were asked by three different waitresses if we were ready to order within 30 seconds of each other... Give us some time!

The food was great - highly recommend the Hog Sandwich... BBQ pulled pork.

Again, service was a bit funky when I asked for the bill as the girl disappeared. After 10 minutes of waiting, asked someone else and had the bill straight away!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Slightly hidden away. We were welcomed & the food was tasty. Friendly attentive staff but not intrusive. A nice place for a quiet lunch.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My friend and I got in here at around 9 pm. I nearly fell over when the barman charged me £10.60 for 2 single gins with 2 slimline tonics!! More fool me for not querying it! However the surly attitude of the guy just made me feel I'd be getting knowhere. In general the place is a dump toilets filthy so looked some staff. .. Chefs with dreads... I felt sorry for the hardworking waiters and waitresses who have to put a brave face on!