“Great food, great service - interesting twists on classic meals.”
Review of Giraffe - Spinningfields - CLOSED

Giraffe - Spinningfields
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Freshly cooked food for everyone served to the sound of great music - guaranteed to make you feel good!
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My friend and I went here for lunch one Saturday and we were greeted by a very friendly server who showed us immediately to a table. I ordered a falafal burger with sweet potato fries and my friend ordered a chicken and prawn salad. The service was excellent and the food delicious. It was a little bit pricey, but I would argue that I have never had a bad meal there and the inventiveness of the menu makes up for it.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have been to the Giraffe on lots of occasions when going to the Opera House round the corner the service is quick and the food good quality and good portion sizes. i find the set menu fo under a tenner great value and very tasty!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We arrived at giraffe and asked for a table for 2- we were told that we would have to wait 10-15 minutes.(which we were fine with ) after approx 15 mins (still waiting) a group of 4 people walked in and asked for a table. They were immediately shown to a table. Bear in mind they hadn't reserved the table and were just walking in. I felt a bit cheated that we had to wait even longer for a table as there was only two of us. This seemed very unfair. The manager was apologetic and we were eventually shown a seat after 20-25 mins.this immediately put me off. And if it hadn't been raining and busy everywhere else we would have gone somewhere else. When the food eventually arrived after 1 hour it was below average, cheap dry bread, chicken dry and marinated in ??? Something unsure what!! And too much lettuce. Not an ideal choice and def won't be going there again!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Not been to giraffe for a while. Shocked at how the portions have shrunk. Service ok. No atmosphere as our party of five was one of two parties in there in a 2 hour period. Overall,too expensive for what you get

Reviewed March 18, 2013

A friend and I chose to eat at Giraffe as we were in the area and were looking for somewhere new to try for breakfast.

Neither of us have ever visited a Giraffe before, We managed to get a table without problem. We were welcomed at the door and were taken to our table.

We both ordered a coffee and a breakfast sandwich, the food arrived in good time and looked appealing. The sandwiches we ordered consisted of egg and bacon served on sourdough bread. The bacon was extremely fatted (to the point that I had to take the bacon out of the sandwich) and the egg was undercooked (it has transparent white goo dripping out of it).

After i'd finished (not eating) my sandwich I ordered a Coke, after about 10 minutes of waiting and the coke still hadn't arrived I cancelled my order.

The service throughout was quite intense and overly friendly to the point is exposed how fake it was and it came across as borderline patronising.

The real insult arrived with the bill, a 10% service charge was automatically added to the bill (for breakfast for two people).

I will be avoiding Giraffe at all costs- there are much better choices in the area.