“Another triumph”

Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: If arriving by train - we are a 2 minute walk from Deansgate train station and a short taxi ride from Piccadilly Station. If arriving by Metrolink - we are a 5 minute walk from G-Mex Metrolink station. If arriving by road we are very close to the end of both the M56 and M602. Look out for The Beetham Tower (Hilton Hotel)
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This place is a firm favourite for a work gathering. Love the vibe. You can enjoy sitting outside in Dukes 92 first, people watching and enjoying a glass then head into Alberts Shed for a lovely meal. The location in the former industrial area adds to it's loveliness. Food delicious. Environment lovely. Staff are efficient, courteous, helpful. One of Castlefield's gems.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,391)

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We recently celebrated my daughters 21st with a meal at Alberts Shed. When we sat down we were told there was no draught beer available as they were having a problem with it that day.Instead 3 of our party of 9 had bottled beer ,however they had no appropriate glasses so we had to have them in pint glasses.When the starters came one of the party did not get one and only when this was pointed out did they say there was a problem and he had to wait a further 5 minutes after we all finnished.The main issue I have is that the service was poor and yet we were charged 10% service charge on the bill. I was going to refuse to pay it but my wife did not want anything to spoil my daughters special day.I don't restaurants should add this charge without making sure indeed the service was good.

6  Thank PETE095
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We wanted to find somewhere in Manchester where we could celebrate our daughter's and her boyfriend's achievements in getting their degrees. We were a party of 7 and we found the food, service, and the little touch of giving both graduates a complementary glass of Prosecco all excellent. I'm a serious cook as is our daughter's BF's mother and we both thought the food was good. It's not dirt cheap but it's vibrant, buzzy, in a characterful setting, and was perfect for our mixed age group - on trend without being so avant-garde as to make us feel out of place. I have to avoid - of all things - sweet potato, as I get anaphylactic shock from it; and our waiter James B was very helpful in reassuring us all was safe. He was friendly, knowledgeable and didn't hover too much. We don't live in Manchester so we're now determined to go back just so we can eat at Albert's Shed again.

1  Thank Evelyn H
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Long time Albert's Shed regulars. This was worse than the still deep frozen strawberries in the dessert. Fish and chips AKA meals on wheels. I think they're over reaching themselves with the volume of customers(victims of their own success?).
It's hit and miss lately especially when it's busy.
There are better alternatives now. Have a drink in the courtyard ( It's still the best setting in Manchester) but for food give somewhere else a go especially if you've travelled or it's a special occasion.
Only second complaint in twelve years for us but it still hurts as your day is ruined.

1  Thank MonsieurX2013
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I visited Albert's Shed for the first time last week and were certainly not disappointed. We both manage venues in the service industry so we value friendly and accommodating staff very highly. Stephanie was absolutely perfect; personal, happy, accommodating, and knowledgeable of the menu.
We ordered from the Sunday set menu (rabbit gnocchi, beef roast and an excellently decadent pistachio cream profiterole), which was of the highest quality ingredients and preparation. Each course arrived with the perfect intervals and we never felt rushed or waiting.