“Are we really in manchester” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Albert's Shed

Albert's Shed
Reserve with OpenTable
Albert's Shed is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 2,184 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: If arriving by train - we are a 2 minute walk from Deansgate train station and a short taxi ride from Piccadilly Station. If arriving by Metrolink - we are a 5 minute walk from G-Mex Metrolink station. If arriving by road we are very close to the end of both the M56 and M602. Look out for The Beetham Tower (Hilton Hotel)
manchesrer
“Are we really in manchester”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

A country setting yet in the city centre !! We had the Sunday roast.Yes! But this was a Sunday roast to please the conisur , and I have 60 years experience. To go with it a rose rioja. The beef was perfect ,the Yorkshire pudding just like my mother made! Then mash ,carrots ,broad beans roast potatoes and a supurb gravey. This was our first visit. We are now regulars. I also had a very nice first course , a lite salad of sweet pear and soft cheese. The staff were charming. And to add to the pleasure two courses for fifteen pounds ninety five!!!!!!!!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“salt sir”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

we booked for 4 pm on 25/06/14, we were met by mark who made us welcome and showed us to our table,our waiter was john who told us even though the set menu finished at 4 he said we could still order from set menu, fair enough, my wife and I loved our starter then she ordered fish and chips and I ordered the rump steak which came with chips, my chips came covered in rock salt, since I don't put salt on anything I couldn't eat it, a lady went for some more chips, brought them with a little plate so I could scoop the salted chips off my plate, weird, why she didn't take my plate with her to change chips god only knows..so after this I tried my new chips and guess what ! salted chips, is this the way restaurants operate now? apart from this, the staff and restaurant was good and is in a lovely setting.we would eat there again but will ask about salt next time.

1 Thank john o
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

We ate here on a recent trip to Manchester. The great reviews on tripadvisor are spot on. It's close to the centre of town and the restaurant inside and outside by the canal is really nice.

The lunchtime menu was great value and every course delicious. We both said our main courses were the best roast dinners we have had. The meat was lovely, the gravy absolutely delicious and it was served with 2 types of potatoes and 3 types of vegetables. The roast potatoes were excellent and the vegetables cooked to perfection.

Initially I only got dessert but the lemon pot was so good my girlfriend ordered one too. 10/10 to Alberts Shed. Highly recommend.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank simongb
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

Had a lovely meal at Alberts shed the early bird offer of two courses before 6pm which was very good value this restaurant had been recommended by friends I would defiantly go again the staff and service I couldn't fault the weather was fine so we ate outside watching the world go by

1 Thank KarenB0105
Manchester
“Want it to be good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

I keep giving this place a another chance because the setting and restaurant is very good. The menu is not the cheapest but unfortunately this does not match the quality. I'm not sure what this place want to be. It should probable concentrate on being good at what it can do.

• Visited May 2014