“Food Service Value A1”

Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: If arriving by train - we are a 2 minute walk from Deansgate train station and a short taxi ride from Piccadilly Station. If arriving by Metrolink - we are a 5 minute walk from G-Mex Metrolink station. If arriving by road we are very close to the end of both the M56 and M602. Look out for The Beetham Tower (Hilton Hotel)
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Food Service Value A1”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This wasn't my 1st visit to Alberts and it certainly won't be my last
A party of 5 we were short on time as we had a barge trip booked but the service choice of food and quality for £10.95 for 2 courses is,in my opinion exeptional value for money
I'll be back soon

• Visited November 2012

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing meal, Amazing Atmosphere, Amazing Service”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Went for a meal on a saturday evening earlier this month for my birthday. There was 12 of us so had to go for one of the set menu's we opted for the gold package. I am sometimes not sold on set menus as the choice/quality is not always as good but WOW the food was amazing! scallops to start followed by venison. The service was second to none and was made to feel very special on my birthday with a glass of prosecco and dessert complete with candle - a nice touch! Will 100% be dining here again!

1 Thank amoseley1991
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Visited on a Sunday evening with a group of friends. Had reservations following quite an average experience at their sister restaurant in Didsbury- however these were quickly smoothed over. Everything was just lovely, from the decor and atmosphere through excellent service and fabulous food. My favourite was the chocolate fondant! We will definitely return.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great food but disappointing otherwise”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Visited last week after having been meaning to do so for quite some time and had been looking forward to it for a while, on previous occasions we had tried to book but they had been full, a good sign I thought.

I will start by saying that the food was lovely, no complaints there, but there were a few other small issues, niggles really, that had me leaving feeling slightly disappointed, I debated wether or not to leave this review as the points may seem petty but I do believe the restaurant has the potential to impress if a few things are dealt with. When we arrived we had to wait not be attended to at the door then my jacket was taken but in the process of hanging it a ladies coat was knocked onto the floor and then left there ? Once seated the waitress brought over the menu but straight away addressed us as 'guys' I know there isn't a lot wrong with that but it didn't feel a very professional way to address a customer there isn't yet any rapport with. We shared some bread to start but weren't given any side plates so we were left trying to tear the bread over the small bowl it came in, again a minor point. The final point was that when we arrived there was a table nearby that had clearly just been left, it had the dirty plates stacked on it and the tablecloth folded up, it took an hour for the table to be cleared and set again, it just made the place look a bit messy and it wasn't like they were short staffed.

In short and as said in the title the food was lovely, no denying that. But the numerous small niggles had me leaving feeling a little underwhelmed with no urge to go back and that was disappointing because I really had high hopes.

1 Thank Jonathan K
Wigan
“Birthday Lunch”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We went here for my girlfriends birthday as a pre matinee lunch. The lunch menu includes a £10.95 deal for two courses. We both had the eggs Benedict to start and I had the chicken for main and my girlfriend had the burger. All the food was really nice. I also had a chocolate volcano for dessert, very rich but right up my street! Nice atmosphere, friendly staff and lovely food. Top marks to Tom who was our waiter, very attentive and polite. Will be returning.