“Birthday Lunch”

Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: If arriving by train - we are a 2 minute walk from Deansgate train station and a short taxi ride from Piccadilly Station. If arriving by Metrolink - we are a 5 minute walk from G-Mex Metrolink station. If arriving by road we are very close to the end of both the M56 and M602. Look out for The Beetham Tower (Hilton Hotel)
Wigan
“Birthday Lunch”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We went here for my girlfriends birthday as a pre matinee lunch. The lunch menu includes a £10.95 deal for two courses. We both had the eggs Benedict to start and I had the chicken for main and my girlfriend had the burger. All the food was really nice. I also had a chocolate volcano for dessert, very rich but right up my street! Nice atmosphere, friendly staff and lovely food. Top marks to Tom who was our waiter, very attentive and polite. Will be returning.

Cardiff
“Great staff, food and location”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We visited here on the recommendation of one of the girls who had eaten here previously and we weren't disappointed.

We didn't book and needed a table for 7 for a late lunch on Saturday. There was no problem accommodating us, advised would be a 15 minute wait in the bar. While sat waiting somebody came over to take our drinks order and our table was ready quicker than expected. Our table was in the outside area, with a glass roof over so rain isn't a problem. There are also plenty of heaters to keep the temperature nice and comfortable. We were lucky to have a nice afternoon and the location is fab right by the lock. The atmosphere outside was great, the only thing was that if you're sat in the outside area you're allowed to smoke which a lot of people may not like.

Service was prompt and we were never wanting for anything. We weren't left waiting too long for either food or drinks. As it was lunch time we had the option of the a la carte menu or the two courses for £10.95 lunch menu. There was a good amount of choice on both menus although if you're a vegetarian that does not eat fish either then you may find it quite limited.

The food is presented beautifully and the portion size is good. By the end of our meals only one person had room for dessert as the rest of us were too full and that was because she had the ravioli which is a small portion in most places I've been to. All of us thought the food was good value off both menus. Drinks were also reasonable at £18 for a bottle of Pinot grigio rose.

If in Manchester would definitely visit again, there were a lot more dishes I would like to try and would attempt to save room for a dessert this time!

Blackpool, Lancashire
“Lovely restaurant”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Albert's Shed had been recommended by a couple of different friends so my daughter and I were really excited about going. We had not planned the journey very well and had parked near the MEN (and its at the far end of Deansgate) so we had quite a walk to find it with the help of the staff who gave us excellent directions when we got lost!
We eventually found the restaurant in a beautiful setting and almost wished it was summer so we could sit outside and enjoy the views
The menu was extensive and there was also a lunch time special of 2 courses for a great price of £10.95, which we chose from. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the service was excellent
Would definitely recommend it and would go again (but maybe park closer or get a taxi!)

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great staff. Lovely Restaurant.”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was my first visit to alberts shed after a recommendation from a friend. It was a group of friends and I that were meeting to celebrate an anniversary of our meeting. Although the food was nice, it wasn't as great as I'd thought it was going to be. But the young gentleman who waited on us was brilliant. His customer service skills were fantastic. I'm hoping to visit a new local alberts restaurant that is due to open soon, SO hopefully I'll be able to post something more positive on the food.

Visited October 2013
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Great food, great service, great atmosphere, great value !!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just had a great meal at Albert's Shed. The food was excellent, I had the King Prawns followed by the Pot Roast off the Specials, my wife had Scallops followed by Tuna. Wine was also fab we had a Rioja Reserva. Service friendly and efficient. Total bill came to £78 which I felt was very good value.

It was our first time at Albert's Shed and we will certainly be back. We stayed at the Victoria and Albert Hotel just round the corner which was also great.

A great night out in the Manchester !!