“WOW”

Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: If arriving by train - we are a 2 minute walk from Deansgate train station and a short taxi ride from Piccadilly Station. If arriving by Metrolink - we are a 5 minute walk from G-Mex Metrolink station. If arriving by road we are very close to the end of both the M56 and M602. Look out for The Beetham Tower (Hilton Hotel)
Reviewed October 5, 2013

So I'm looking for a special place to take my wife on her birthday for an intimate meal for 2 and a great experience, and i chose correct.
Upon entering this restaurant we were greeted by a smart, professional and friendly young woman who greeted, welcomed and showed us to our table. As booked we had a gorgeous view of the canal in the sunset next to floor to roof windows. The waiter was fast and friendly and not once did we feel neglected. The drinks and food were gorgeous and as a complete surprise to me they brought out a birthday brownie complete with candle in for my wife on the house :-).
The staff made his visit amazing and the food made the birthday go down a treat. Looking forward to bringing our friends next time.
Thank you.

2  Thank Drew C

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Excellent service and food. Staff showed great patience with our visitors when trying to order their food.

1  Thank Janet M
Reviewed October 2, 2013

A very dear friend did the kindness of taking me round a lot of furniture shops to get a new bed. I had said I would take her for lunch at the restaurant of her choice, and she suggested Albert's Shed which is very close to where she and her family live. I had not been, and am always up for a new restaurant.
We both like Mediterranean cuisine, especially fish and seafood, and had an excellent lunch. I normally drink red wine, but discovered Albarinho white wine when I first went to Galicia (in north west Spain) and developed my taste for it on subsequent visits. It is a wine that is not well known outside of Spain, so was delighted to find it on the wine list and, for me, it is perfect with fish and seafood (Galician cuisine is considered the best in Spain for fish and seafood, and the Galician Albarinho wines seem almost to have been created solely to go with it!). So well done to the restaurant/whoever selects the wines for getting this.
We were also very impressed with the standard of service from the waiting staff, who were not only friendly yet professional at all times, but also knowledgeable about the food and wines, and that anything we asked for was no trouble.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I met in Manchester 8 years ago as students and we always said we would go to this lovely restaurant every time we walked past it. Finally we made it!

We were warmly greeted by the hostess who showed us to our table. Our drinks order was taken and I ordered a glass of prosecco and my husband had a beer. While we perused the menu our server came over and introduced himself and asked if we needed any help with choosing our dishes. We didn't and he kindly took our second drinks order, this time a bottle of red wine (a tempranillo I think!) and gave us a few more minutes to order.

For starters I chose the asparagus with poached duck egg and hollandaise, and my husband had the rabbit gnocchi. Both dishes were divine. My egg was cooked to perfection, with the yolk still being runny even though the egg had been deep fried in a herby crumb. My husband's gnocchi was delicious and you could tell the gnocchi was freshly made.

For mains I had the cheese and leek pie with a side of their spring onion mash and green beans. My husband had the slow roasted duck with the dauphinoise potatoes. My pie was amazing. It came with a creamy cheese and chive sauce that set it off beautifully. The mash wasn't as good as I had hoped and didn't really have much flavour. My husband's duck was cooked perfectly and the dauphinoise were the best I have had in a long time.

For dessert we shared a chocolate volcano. A warm chocolate sponge with a gooey chocolate fondant centre served with cheshire farm’s honeycomb ice cream. It was delicious! I really enjoyed it. I also ordered a latte and that tasted just right too.

The staff throughout were lovely and attentive to our needs. They even ordered a taxi for us when they saw that it had begun to rain quite heavily, a nice touch.

When in Manchester, I will make sure to go back to this lovely little place as it was a great experience overall.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Yes, Manchester, saturday afternoon, sat outside in the sunshine having a delicious meal.

But we were.

Food was fab, great choice on the luncheon special, Drinks plentiful, and the service by the wonderful staff was great, we were so well looked after.

Note to Jim, as well as the delicious food your staff really make this restaurant.

Still my favourite in Manchester.