“Superb restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Albert's Shed

Albert's Shed
Reserve with OpenTable
Albert's Shed is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 2,242 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: If arriving by train - we are a 2 minute walk from Deansgate train station and a short taxi ride from Piccadilly Station. If arriving by Metrolink - we are a 5 minute walk from G-Mex Metrolink station. If arriving by road we are very close to the end of both the M56 and M602. Look out for The Beetham Tower (Hilton Hotel)
London
“Superb restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Some years ago, while on holiday in Thailand, we met the owner of this restaurant, and he recommended that if we were ever in Manchester, we should go there. So finally we did, and it was terrific. It was our 30th anniversary, and we were warmly welcomed with complimentary champagne. The staff were superb - they unobtrusively monitored our table and knew exactly the right moment to approach it. The food was excellent, with an imaginative sharing starter and tasty mains, chosen from a wide-ranging menu, of duck and Malaysian chicken, with well cooked vegetables and some very nice wine. Desserts could be substantial or light, but were delicious. The restaurant has a large outdoor courtyard where you can sit beside the Rochdale Canal - it is a very atmospheric setting. The restaurant has a relaxed vibe and is clearly very popular with local people - if we lived in Manchester I am sure we would go there often. The cost of the meal was similar to what we have paid elsewhere to eat much poorer food in much less interesting surroundings.

Cumbria
“Make sure you go here when in Manchester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

My partner and I visited Albert's Shed with friends on a Friday evening. The place was buzzing, but that didn't mean the staff were inattentive, on the contrary our waiter was excellent, letting us change our table when we asked to sit outside. Two of us shared the chateaubriand and it was fabulous, cooked to perfection. My partner had the lamb which he raved about (unusual for him). I really can't think of a negative to this place, the food was great, the atmosphere was great and the wine was excellent. Would go again.

• Visited August 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“One step beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

My other half decided to take me out tonight. On a school day! he had booked a table at Alberts Shed in Manchester. My husband started with king scallops I had the Bombay potato fritter. We both really enjoyed our starters. To follow my husband had the lamb rump and I had the Malayan chicken. Both courses were beautifully presented. The waiter was attentive but not intrusive. I took a visit to the ladies room. The restrooms are in the basement. As I need crutches to walk I was finding the door to the lift difficult to open. Out of no where a waiter appeared an helped me into the lift. As the lift door opened the waiter had run down the stairs and opened the rest room door for me. This meant so much. It felt like a really personal service. If you want really lovely food well presented with excellent service I recommend Alberts shed. Thank you for a great experience

1 Thank MrsSpartacus
bolton
“Great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We celebrated my daughters 18th birthday this weekend with a meal at Albert's shed. Lovely atmosphere food was beautiful I'm sure we will return again

1 Thank sharples49
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Needs a fresh menu.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I love it here, we dined here on Sunday as a table for 6, the food was very good, but I am knocking off a point as I feel the menu needs a shake and the side dishes are positively boring. Also wish you would not add a service charge for parties of six or more, that is discretionary and I will leave the tip that I feel worthy. I had no problems with the service but its for the customer to rate not the establishment.

Visited September 2013