“consistently good”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Albert's Shed

Albert's Shed
Reserve with OpenTable
Albert's Shed is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 2,242 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: If arriving by train - we are a 2 minute walk from Deansgate train station and a short taxi ride from Piccadilly Station. If arriving by Metrolink - we are a 5 minute walk from G-Mex Metrolink station. If arriving by road we are very close to the end of both the M56 and M602. Look out for The Beetham Tower (Hilton Hotel)
manchester
“consistently good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Often eat here particuarly good sunday lunch ,with lovely atmosphere and eating outside ,good service and food

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was one of the best meals I have had in a long time. Fantastic food, excellent service, nice setting and good value for money. Give this place a try, you wont be disappointed

Uk
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

When seated we were asked if it was a special occasion? When I said it was our wedding anniversary we were given a complimentary glass of prosecco - a nice touch! We chose the set Sunday lunch menu hoping to manage 3 courses - no chance, by the time we had polished off roast rump of beef with huge yorkshire pudding, roast and mashed pots, french beans, mashed swede, red cabbage, we were full. Will have to save the chocolate volcano till next time!

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I booked last minute on a Friday via the online booking system which worked well. We managed to park near to the restaurant easily. We were greeted with a smile and shown to out table right away. The atmosphere was fairly lively but the acoustics so poor, I could hardly hear my friend speak to me. We were seated near the window on the inside and were frequently disturbed with wafts of cigarette smoke coming from the outer seating area.

The food was good but portion size very small. I started with scallops after seeing the couple next to me order them. I had three small scallops served to me. The couple next to me had five each. My venison arrived barely warm and I felt was overpriced for what I paid.

The service was fairly good and staff polite to us all evening. Unfortunately I would not hurry back.

1 Thank Alan P
Laura M, Manager at Albert's Shed, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Hello
Many thanks for your feedback on TripAdvisor and sincere apologies regarding the issues you had during your meal with our food and and our out door smoking policy.
I am terribly sorry and I have done some investigation and given alot of thought to into your feedback so we can improve using your comments.

Laura Moore
Albert's Shed General Manager
stockport,
“GREAT FOOD WHEN IT FINALLY ARRIVED”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I went here a few days ago to my nieces' 18th, there were about 24 of us around two long tables. The place itself was aesthetically very nice but the service was dreadful. We waited about 15 minutes before we were asked about drinks and the at least another 45 minutes before they took our orders for starters. We sat down to eat at 8pm and it was 10.30 when I finished my main. I must say however that when it did arrive the food was delicious. There seemed to be too many tables, maybe this was the reason for the slow service. If you are going to go here it might be better earlier in the day.