“Great service, Great Food, Great Setting”
Review of Albert's Shed

Albert's Shed
Ranked #39 of 2,344 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: If arriving by train - we are a 2 minute walk from Deansgate train station and a short taxi ride from Piccadilly Station. If arriving by Metrolink - we are a 5 minute walk from G-Mex Metrolink station. If arriving by road we are very close to the end of both the M56 and M602. Look out for The Beetham Tower (Hilton Hotel)
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was the first time I had visiting Albert's Shed and decided to visit after hearing good things from colleagues at work.

We dined on a Sunday evening and managed to book a table on the evening. The restaurant was busy, but with plenty of available tables.

We both opted for the Sunday set menu which was two courses for just under £16 each. My partner and I had the Goats Cheese Salad starter and for the main course I opted for the Cheese and Onion Pie. The main menu is extensive.

Our server was lovely and drinks were served to our table quickly from the bar.

Food was served within a reasonable time and was great quality. Usually you would get to choose two accompaniments for the pie, but as this was the set menu it was served with chunky chips and green beans as standard. I thoroughly enjoyed my meals and had absolutely no space for dessert at the end!

The setting by the canal in Castlefield is beautiful.

One thing which can be improved on - the server on the bar walked through the restaurant, directly by our table with a bin bag during our meal, which somewhat taints the experience!

We will be visiting again :)

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Visited Albert's Shed for lunch one weekday after an excellent dinner with friends as few weeks before.

We were seated straightaway and my request to change tables was no problem at all.

Service was excellent, and the food was divine. My king prawns were delicious and my husband looked on enviously... until he tucked into his mushrooms on toast which were equally good.

Main course (duck and loin of venison) were both sublime.

Unfortunately we couldn't manage pudding as we were stuffed!!

The bill was very reasonable and I noted that they do a lunchtime specials menu which seems excellent value.

When we ate here some weeks ago the atmosphere was busy and loud, but lunch was relaxing although there were quite a few tables in.

Would highly recommend and will be back the next time we go to Manchester.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is only the second time I have eaten at Albert's Shed and I chose it for a Tuesday night meal and catch up with my niece. The menu selection is impressive with a good range of standard items plus some interesting specials. We had 2 courses, both of which were scrumptious! The tastiest, tenderest lamb I have eaten in ages, mint hollondaise and choice of 2 side dishes. Wine was reasonably priced with a very fine Pinot Grigio that fitted the bill perfectly. We were both too full for desserts but enjoyed a licquer coffee instead. Service was excellent too - just the right mix of attentiveness and leaving us alone! Free parking and a pleasant ambience alongside the lovely food make this a place I will definitely be coming back to.

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

While on business trip to Manchester celebrated the 4th of July with fellow workers at Albert's outside on their porch. The beer selection was very good, pizza and chicken was average, nothing special. I would come here again for the friendly staff, beer, beer and pizza.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We always book a tale leading up to Christmas after a days shopping , and it never disappoints..the food is very fresh and well presented and the service attentive