“Excellent birthday meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Albert's Shed

Albert's Shed
Reserve with OpenTable
Albert's Shed is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 2,242 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: If arriving by train - we are a 2 minute walk from Deansgate train station and a short taxi ride from Piccadilly Station. If arriving by Metrolink - we are a 5 minute walk from G-Mex Metrolink station. If arriving by road we are very close to the end of both the M56 and M602. Look out for The Beetham Tower (Hilton Hotel)
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Excellent birthday meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband and I attended Albert's Shed for my birthday on Saturday. I'd found the restaurant through a search engine and then from visiting the website thought we'd give it a go. I booked the table around two weeks before and received confirmation followed up by a telephone call and email to check to booking was still correct.
We arrived at the restaurant and were greeted by a friendly hostess who took us to our table, took our coats and immediately brought us a drink.
Our very friendly waitress then came to take our order. The service of all of the staff we dealt with whilst there was the best I have experienced in a long time. Always checking everything was ok without being overbearing.
I ordered the mushrooms on toast which were the perfect sized portion and taste to die for. This followed by King Prawn & Scallop curry. The food cannot be faulted, the presentation, taste and delivery was outstanding. My husband couldn't help but be tempted with the little pie n peas for starters followed by the Salami & Chilli pizza, he isn't as much of a foody as me but still said everything about it was excellent.
We never felt rushed, I asked if I could have a break before embarking on my cheese & biscuits and there was no rush for me to order.
The evening came to an end by the hostess arranging a taxi who came to the door to collect us. Absolutely fanastic evening all round, beautiful restaurant, great location and amazing service and food. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“disappointed with the food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Been here one/two years ago and I think they were great. However I went there on Monday (May bank holiday) and was disappointed with the food. I ordered oysters for my starter and I could not believed my eyes. out of the 6 oysters they served, 4 of it was.. 'meatless'. I should have complaint when I received it however I did not as I don't feel like complaining or having a bad day as it was my birthday celebration. I have attached a photo for you to judge it yourself. I had beef for main course and the beef is ok but the hand cut chips were a little bit undercooked. My girlfriend ordered scallop for starter and tuna for main course. Scallop is okay however it is a little small and her tuna wasn't cooked pink as she requested. It was slightly over-cooked or the tuna have been slice to thin... I think the restaurant did not expect to be so busy for that day. Overall we did not enjoy the food however the waiter which served us was brilliant.
I do not usually complaint about the food but Albert's Shed have let me down this time.

1 Thank crabscoot
Craig R, General Manager at Albert's Shed, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Hello

Many thanks for your feedback on TripAdvisor and sincere apologies regarding the issues you had during your meal with our food.

We take all feedback very seriously and always thank our guests for all comments.

Kind regards
Laura Moore
Albert's Shed
Edinburgh
“The best steaks!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We've been to this restaurant about 4 times and every time it's been great.

It's a very smart place, as is Albert's in Didsbury.

This time I chose the fillet steak and it was fab. Cooked to perfection and delicious. The sides are great too. Had the sticky toffee pudding for dessert - very generous portion!

All the service staff are lovely and attentive.

I will no doubt return here the next time we are in Manchester.

• Visited April 2013
Alsager, United Kingdom
“Worth every penny”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We went in April 2013, to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary.
The service was excellent, the food lovely (unusual to actually be interested in almost every item on the menu - Usually its a choice of 1 or 2 items). A superb evening, and a restaurant I'd happily go to again and again. Not something I've said of any other restaurant where the meal,drinks and tip (I was VERY happy) came to $100 (No Pound key on my keyboard!)

• Visited April 2013
Taunton, United Kingdom
“The desserts are worth a visit all on their own.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

A sunny Tuesday night in Manchester, and I wanted somewhere uncomplicated but reliable for a meal with a business colleague.

Albert's shed delivered that, booking was straightforward and courteous, arriving was easy. One gin & tonic later (although I had to ask for a specific gin variety, I think they should offer you the choice) and all looked well.

Starters fine, the little pie is fun and accompanying sauce excellent. Main course felt a bit tired, broccoli spears untrimmed and side salad failed to arrive, but dealt with expertly when we enquired.

But forget that, the desserts were a transport of delight. Chocolate volcano was awe inspiring and truly hit the chocolate bullseye, you also have to have the rubis chocolate dessert wine. What a finish. All forgiven and happily ever after etc.

A good place for a good meal, it's not aspiring to top class, but I think delivers a solid performance at a sensible price.