Commercial Hotel
$63
$59
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Manchester Upper Brook Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$46
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The commercial hotel was slammed on trip advisor so I was very wary but we (a mid twenties couple) thought it wasn't that bad, we only slept there as we'd been to a gig but it's a good place to put your head down. I wouldn't recommend for a romantic weekend away as it is in need of a serious make over it probably hasn't been touched since the 80's! We also had mold in our bedroom around some walls & bathroom!

The bar staff were so lovely & helpful, great location near tram station and great beer which was cheap too! You get what you pay for really but it wasn't as bad as some of the reviews!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This hotel was clean and tidy, although basic which suited me as a lone traveller on a business trip. The rooms are above the pub, which seems to be a locals bar, an d although I was only on the first floor I was not troubled by noisel. Unfortunately, although the pub is friendly, there were no facilities to eat on site, However, being Manchester, there where plenty of places near by.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed a night here when travelling up to see The Stone Roses, and found it to be what we expected. The words " budget " were used in the hotels online description so we knew what to expect. The beds were clean, as was the bathroom and very adequate for our needs. What made our stay memorable was the warm reception we received when returning from the gig at half one in the morning. Manageress Markeeta and owner Bernard made us feel very welcome and we were even bought a drink. This was our first stay in Manchester, and we would book there again, as it was clean, friendly and cheap. If you want immaculate over-priced rooms, then go to the Hilton, if not, you would do a lot worse than to go to The Commercial. Nicholas and Mariedh King

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mariedh K
Reviewed June 23, 2012

So on the plus side nothing bit me! That was the plus side. We'd booked on line looking for somewhere cheap to overnight after a concert at the Etihad. Photo's looked ok but the reality was another story entirely. Old threadbare carpets, decor badly in need of a lick of paint, tiny room, in which the "en-suite" was cozily tucked into a corner.............toilet and shower actually in the room!
AND the whole place stank of cigarette smoke.........yeuk! We would've gone elsewhere but when we arrived the room wasn't ready and we didn't get back after the concert til 1.00am. But we couldn't get out of there fast enough in the morning to get home and have a shower

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Parklife on the Sunday night; an exam on Monday morning - so rather than go home I thought I would get a room in Manchester.

Did the job for what I wanted - only £35 for the night, so nice and cheap. But it is a cheap hotel.

Room was small and the toilet and shower were acutally in the same room - just a curtained of corner of the room.

Bed was comfortable; but in all honesty I could have slept anywhere by the end of the festival. :)

In short, if all you want is a bed to get your head down in and do not plan on spending any longer in the place then this place is ideal, but it is rather dated and grotty.

Did the job and I would use the place again for the same purpose.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo