“Fabulous, I just love this place!”
Review of Linen - CLOSED

Linen
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Peter Street
Transit: Deansgate
Description: Linen Restaurant is now James Martin Mancehster
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Booked a table to celebrate my Birthday with another couple and asked for a well placed table. On arrival we got shown to the table in the glass Wine Cellar! Perfect! I loved it. The food, service & choice of wine was excellent and extremely worth paying that little bit more for.

Have been to this restaurant on numerous occasions and enjoyed every visit. The chefs table is also recommended when with a larger party. Sitting in the bar afterwards is a pleasure, lovely ambience, great choice of cocktails & a little flutter in the tables too! Why not.

Most definitely recommend this place.

1  Thank Karen H
Sophie B, Guest Relations Manager at Linen, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

We are so pleased that we could make your birthday special and thank you for your comments and recommending our Wine Boutique.
We hope to see you again very soon!

There are newer reviews for Linen

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Last Saturday,(December 15th),I went out with friends for a birthday celebration to Linen.
The meal,which included entertainment and entrance to the casino cost £40.
Every penny wasted.The three course xmas dinner,as it was advertised was appaulling.
The starter was ok-spicey vegetable soup.The main course consisted as follows:

3 brussel sprouts-no points scored.
3 carrots-neither topped nor tailed,so no points here either.
Roast potatoes re-heated from previous day.They resembled warm cardboard.
As for the turkey.It was that dry,it must have been dug up from the Nevada desert!
All of this followed by a miniscule Christmas pud,which had been lightly soaked in a warm watery
brandy sauce,which was insipid.

How the hotel management can justify this diabolical quality is beyond me.
Never eat at this establishment.The salvation army soup kitchen would offer a far superior meal.
Shame on them.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We decided on a spur of the moment while in manchester to try linen. We had heard such fantastic things about this place. Everything we heard is very true. We had one of the best meals we have ever had. The service was excellent, it was friendly and professional. The food was incredible. The flavour and presentation was very impressive.

We can't wait to return.

Sophie B, Guest Relations Manager at Linen, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments!
We are glad that you enjoyed your meal in Linen and hope that you return soon!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I don't usually write reviews but after visiting Linen for second time in month I felt the urge to do so. I eat out very often, so when I was planning dinner with my bussines partner few weeks ago, I wanted to try somewhere I haven't been yet. Googled best restaurants in Manchester and found Linen. The decor was stunning, service very good and the food great. Had squid salad which was delicious, followed by T-bone steak with really tasty pepper sauce and crispy golden chunky chips, unfortunatelly had no space for dessert. My partner was as impressed as I was!
Following my first visit I decided to take my friends for a night out in Manchester, obviously starting with meal in Linen. It was Saturday (2.12.), the restaurant was completely full at time of our arrival, but service still as pleasant as on my first visit. We all opted for the Christmas menu which sounded interesting, and it was spot on. Chicken liver parfait melted in a mouth, I had to try my friends mushroom crumble which smelt lovely from the other side of table and wasn't disapointed. My rib eye steak was cooked to perfection, so was the turkey ballontine which was nice and juicy (unlike most of turkeys I tried before), side veg of rustic looking roasted potatoes, crispy and fluffy inside, honey glazed veg and sprouts.
Chocolate log as dessert was nice and rich, very well presented. The only minor drawback was slightly longer wait between starter and main course, but considering there was another 100 people in a restaurant with us, its completely understandable...
We all had amazing time and I can wait to visit Linen again!

We are so glad that you enjoyed Linen and revisited us!
Can we also thank you for trying the Christmas menu and getting in to the festive spirit with us!
The Chef's Monthly special menu will start in January so maybe this could be one to sample!

Thank you for your great review and we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Let's start with the positives. Great room. Staff were excellent, helpful & friendly. Alas that's where it ends. The place was half empty on a Saturday night, yet the city was heaving . Try getting a table at Australasia on a Sat ! the food was atrocious, sent the meals back. Brilliant staff replaced with another dish. . . Even worse. . . . The owners have clearly spent a fortune on the decor, perhaps paying a little more for a top notch Chef would bring in the customers. Half empty says it all . Shocking . Only plus point was the staff didn't charge for the main courses . . . Final summary . Great room. Great staff. Shocking food. . . Avoid if your a foodie .

Thanks for your feedback, we take all reviews seriously and have taken your comments on board.
We are surprised that the restaurant was quiet on a Saturday night.
We are sorry that you did not find the food up to standard on this visit and can only apologies for this. We are pleased that our staff dealt with this at the time.
We hope that you make a return visit so that Linen restaurant can prove the true food quality that we pride ourselves on.
If you would like to talk to us further about your visit please email info@manchester235.com
Many Thanks