Velvet Hotel
$140
$131
Agoda.com
1,871 results
All reviewscanal streetfresh milkbalcony roomrubber duckbath butlerdouble baththe penthouselittle touchesboutique hotelon arrivalturn down servicegay villageice bucketmini barroll top bathfantastic hotelsaturday night
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I NEVER write reviews but seeing as this hotel has such rave reviews (which is the reason we booked it) I felt compelled to do so on this occasion.
I'll try keep this short and sweet. The staff are excellent, very well mannered and attentive. The room was beautifully decadent (no.14) with one very major flaw..... it wasn't designed with women (especially short ones) in mind!! The lighting is DIM to say the least. The dressing table in the bedroom doesn't have a mirror so you can't use it to put on your make-up, the floor length mirror in the hall doesn't have a light over it so you can't use it to put on your make-up and the mirror in the bathroom is so high (especially if you're only 5'1") that you can't see in it!!! Even if you are tall enough to be able to see in it the sink and toilet are in front of it so you're a good 2ft away so you can't put your make-up on there either. In the end I had to resort to standing on the loo seat (which wasn't that sturdy and I only weigh 8st!!) to put on my make-up and the lighting was still terrible!!!
So, to sum it up, great staff, beautiful room but not for women!!!! Sorry. :(

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Carolyn-muriel
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have now stayed in this boutique hotel twice in 2 separate rooms and they were both outstanding. The rooms are all different but have one thing in common and that is absolute luxury. Not just would I recommend this hotel I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: you will not want to leave the room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed. At this hotel after new year and we loved it, we were given room 25 which we felt was spacious and very luxurious. We booked a bath butler service complete with rubber duck, chocolate torte and champagne, so were pleased with the roll top which we requested and not the modern square alternative the hotel also has.

Checking in the staff were lovely, they need a card to take a £50 pre authorisation in case you use any minibar facilities, bill drinks to room etc - we decided to leave £50 cash instead which was fine but clearly not probably the most chosen method, we were glad we did though as on check out a couple in front must have done this by card to which the hotel staff stated they had released the pre authorisation and should be back on your account in a few days to a week!!! Mmm didn't really like that so when we go again it will be cash.

We did eat at the restaurant the steaks were beautiful and we are picky!!! But be aware you are advised you can choose two courses, but not told there is a supplement for the steak .... We didn't mind and it was worth it but think they should tell you though. Breakfast the next day was also great .... Something for everyone.

All in all we are definitely going back on the simple package ... Suited us perfectly and the bath butler will also be on our list as well as the lush cocktail and steak.

Thanks velvet.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eliotpooh
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

we came here during the gay pride festival in the end of August so there was a problem accessing the hotel directly from our car and we had to park the car in a nearby Carpark that was a 3 minute walk away. however the hotel was stylish and had edgy touches which really suits to the classification of a 'boutique hotel'.

the room was not too spacious but adequate and there was a small balcony which overlooked the canal- very nice touch. however probably would not recommend the hotel for families with small children just as the interiors of the room might be slightly questionable (the wallpaper).

the surroundings of the hotel are pretty special- the hotel is located in the 'gay village' (the actual name of the area) and so you would expect a sort of environment but was still very individual and there were many bars and such around so the place was never quiet (though if you're in the room the noise is not too loud and disturbing.)

I also left some belongings in the room and when I contacted the hotel they were very efficient in their response and I received my things around 2 days after I first reported it.

it was a lovely stay and really
enjoyed the atmosphere around the hotel, would come again if I visited Manchester. x

Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night only. We checked in at 10.30. Staff couldn't have been more helpful even giving us an upgrade. Room beautifully decorated, very clean and had everything we required. All round great hotel in great location. We will defiantly be back.

• Stayed: November 2013