“Hen-tastic!!”

The Light ApartHotel
London, England, United Kingdom
“Hen-tastic!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I booked the Glitz hen package for a group of 17 travelling up from London to Manchester for the weekend. The package included one 10 person penthouse and then other luxury apartments. On the week of arrival I was contacted by the hotel to be informed of how our group would be split. I informed the hen group of accommodation arrangements only to find when we were checking in that this had been changed again; our 10 person penthouse had been split into a 6 and 4. I was a bit disappointed that I had not been informed of this before we arrived at the check in desk, especially as communication to this point had been fantastic. Every time I phoned the hotel to check details everyone I spoke to was so helpful. This is probably the only small disappointment of the stay.

The apartments were well decorated and clean and airy. The base penthouse had been decorated with hen banners and balloons and this was a really nice touch as the group arrived together and we had no time to pre decorate before the bride to be arrived. We were provided with wine as part of our hen package and also complimentary sparkling wine was included. Again, it's things like these and the l'occitane gift bags we were all provided with which all add to the stay.

The apartment is very centrally located with a Tesco express just next door and also cafés nearby for late breakfast/lunch.

I would definitely return to Manchester and definitely recommend the Light to a group who are looking for good value, well located, good standard of apartments. Thanks again to all of the staff at The Light who I spoke to in the run up to our stay.

2 Thank Simone W
thelight20, Guest Relations Manager at The Light ApartHotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Hi Simone

Thank you for your lovely review of the ApartHotel via Tripadvisor, we were really pleased to see that all the girls enjoyed a fabulous weekend.

We have tried to contact you regarding the complimentary upgrade to 2 Penthouses rather than 1, but have been unable to get hold of you. We hope that this surprise would have added extra comfort to the special occasion.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Light in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Coventry
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Came here as a group of 18 for a Hen weekend. From all accounts everyone seemed to be really happy with the apartments we were given.

The one I stayed in in particular was on the 14th floor so we had a great view. Decor was really modern & the apartment itself was spotlessly clean. Came with great amenities such as washer/dryer, ironing board, safe in the bedroom etc.

Reception had a drinks area which we loved. You could help yourself to tea, coffee, hot chocolate or juice as well as yogurts too-a godsend coming home from a night out or even the morning after.

Apartments themselves are in a fab location-we walked to the train station home, about a 10min walk & we were close to the shops too.

Would definitely stay again & recommend to others. A great time was had by all.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mairead F
thelight20, Guest Relations Manager at The Light ApartHotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for placing your feedback through TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to read your comments and we are so glad that the hen weekend was everything you wanted it to be.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I booked an apartment through Expedia, which had been cancelled... I got moved to the Light... Wow! As you walk through the door it oozes class, it's like walking in to a boutique hotel... I explained to Stephen who checked me in that it was my best friends 30th birthday and we were having some friends over before we went out and was it ok for me to decorate the apartment... He mentioned that there might be chance of an upgrade as they'd had a cancellation... But I had to wait for half an hour... I went to the apartment, which was lovely and waited... I received a phone call after a short wait telling me we had been upgraded to the penthouse!!! We were over the moon, this made our stay extra special... The original 2 bed apartment was fantastic, en suite to the master bedroom and a huge main bathroom... The living space was great and it even had a balcony. The penthouse was incredible, floor to ceiling windows 2 good sized bedrooms, MASSIVE living space, which was great for drinks before we went out, it has everything you could ask for, even a coffee machine with real coffee beans! I would like to say a huge thank you to Stephen, thanks to him we had an amazing night... And I will certainly be re-booking in the future, although this time it will be direct with the hotel... I have stayed in many hotels and apartments around the globe and the light is definitely up there in my top five!!! Thank you so so much I look forward to coming back in the near future.

1 Thank Jennifer H
thelight20, Guest Relations Manager at The Light ApartHotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Jen

Thank you for your amazing review of the Aparthotel.

We were so pleased to read your comments, when we heard how your online booking company had messed you around with your original booking in another property and had out booked you, we just wanted to ensure that your evening with us was the best it could be and to make sure your friend had a fantastic birthday.

Once again thank you for the glowing review and we hope to see you again very soon.

Take Care
Widnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I found the Light Aparthotel for my best friends Hen Party & spoke to Nicola on a regular basis regarding details for our booking. Nicola was absolutely fantastic & she really could not do enough for us to ensure our stay was perfect.

When we arrived Nicola surprised us & informed us that she had managed to upgrade our apartment to a Penthouse suite, complete with roof terrace. We couldn't actually believe it when she showed us into the room. It was AMAZING!!!

We really cannot thank the Light Aparthotel enough for everything that they did for us because we really did have the time of our lives.

All of the staff were extremely professional, friendly & helpful...They could not do enough for us.

We wil definitely will be returning to the hotel & will continue to spread the word about just how brilliant they are.

Room Tip: I can't imagine that it would be possible to get a bad room to be honest.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jen C
Dear Jen

Thank you for your feedback and kind comments, which we will make sure Nicola see's.

She was so excited for your arrival, to be able to give you the news after working so closely with you on your arrangements for the weekend and we are so pleased your weekend was everything you wanted it to be.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we hope to see you again soon
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2014

What might be your reason for staying here? Relatively inexpensive, city centre location, simple, no faff apart-hotel. In that respect it ticks the boxes. Otherwise, it is missing a few finishing touches, at least Studio 5 was, but it's comfortable, pretty quiet and had what we needed (iron, hair dryer, kitchen, er, washing machine, are all present and correct, no bath), even if the room shape is a bit odd. Parking next door for £15 seemed a bit steep,

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dogwipebeno
thelight20, Guest Relations Manager at The Light ApartHotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We were pleased to read that the Aparthotel met your expectations and that you felt it chic.
We always aim to meet standards and finishing touches, so if there is any further feedback you wish to provide, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks once again
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Couldn't ask for anything more. Maybe just real milk instead of uht in rooms but that's just picky! Lovely toiletries. Comfiest bed I've ever slept in! Very helpful and friendly staff. Brilliant location and plenty of shops for food
close by.

Hi Emma

Thank you for your review.

We were thrilled to read that you not only enjoyed the location but the Aparthotel and team here too.

For your next stay, bear in mind we have fresh milk at reception as part of our complimentary Monday to Friday grab and go breakfast offering, so help yourself.

Thanks again and hope to see you soon
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Ive stayed in a few apartments on business to Manchester and the Light was definately to my taste! It was centrally located for bars and restaurants and the room itself was modern, clean and comfortable. I had a 2 bed, 2 bath but the only reason I havent marked as excellent as if there was 4 people staying here the living area would be a bit of a squeeze, sofa only really seats 2-3 but dont let you put that off! The area is pretty lively and no fault of the apartments but the neighbours were a bit noisey which did wake me up.

The reception area is stunning, would recommend and return if I was with friends as opposed to a business trip.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Gemma H
Dear Gemma

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor and for saying that it was to your taste and that you would return to stay with us again.

Reception are on hand 24 hours a day should you need anything and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Thanks