The Light ApartHotel
$140
$131
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe penthousebed apartmenthot tubtesco express next doortesco metronorthern quarterwashing machinehen partyon arrivalgreat apartmentliving areathese apartmentsarndale centredining tablecar parkcomplimentary upgradefloor to ceiling windows
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I booked these apartments as a treat for my friend (and me of course!), easy to book, easy to find, great service at reception, and a great central location for doing all of Manchester.

The apartments are lovely, the bedrooms were great, yet I would have appreciated a window (incidentally there was a fake window...... odd), however the beds were furnished beautifully, the lights around the headboard were a great touch, the wardrobe space was plenty.

The bathroom was high class and perfect, and the kitchen / living area was the same.

I would definitely book here again

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pete W
Reviewed September 11, 2012

After looking for a new place to stay in manchester i noticed a deal for a one bed apartment at the light. I booked and paid for the apartment and was looking forward to staying here however later that day i recieved a phone call saying my booking would be canceled unless i paid more for the apartment as the price had been advertised wrong. In the companys terms and conditions they clearly state no cancelations or refunds however they cancel peoples stays due to their own mistakes. I have seen this with other companies and many realise that they must sell for the advertised price as it was their mistake, clearly the light do not recognise their mistakes and do not value their customers!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katieo83
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I booked this stay to attend a concert at the close by MEN Arena. Upon arrival there was nobody on the reception desk, I waited 10mins and then walking around the counter to knock on the back room door to alert them of my arrival. Ryan booked me in and gave me the key card to a room on the 8th floor, I also asked for a late check-out as I knew I would be tired and want to stay in bed a little longer after the concert. Ryan confirmed this wasn't a problem and I could have the room until 1pm the next day. Great.

When I got to the room the door didn't need a key card it was an old fashioned key that was needed. I had to go all the way back downstairs for the key! Ryan apologised and said he was new... fair enough I thought (but reading other reviews on here I think that's an excuse that's use a lot at this place to cover up mistakes!)

The room was okay, I attended the concert and the following morning I was enjoying a fairly nice sleep when someone knocks on the bedroom door (remember these are apartments so he'd already let himself in!) and within a second before waiting for a response he walks in! I've just woken up, a female alone to be greeted by a grumpy member of staff saying "check out was half an hour ago!" I explained I'd booked the room longer and he was gone. I felt vulnerable, upset, embarrassed and a little frightened to be honest. I couldn't settle again so I got myself ready and was out the door.

At reception Ryan was there again, who was not at all apologetic enough. He said he needed to hear the other side of the story from the guy who'd walked in on me! Also, not forgetting it was Ryan who I'd organised only the previous night the late check-out with! He said "what do you want me to do about it!!!!" ( very touchy, defensive and aggressive - as noted in other reviews) I said an apology from the guy who'd walked in would be a start.

A few days later I did receive that call (Adam I think his name was) and I excepted his apology, he was obviously not front of house material but at least he'd made the effort I then asked him to pass me over to a manager to pursue the matter further but he said Ryan was off work and he'd get him to call me... I'm still waiting for that call.

This place advertises itself as Manchester best kept secret - for special occasions, even weddings - Don't trust them with your special day - they can't be trusted. A friend had advised me of her bad experiences there, where they were given the keys to someone else's room! Imagine strangers in your apartment! I should have taken that advise.

For the expense it's just not worth it - there are plenty of other great place to stay in Manchester if you want to treat yourself.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2012

What a pleasant suprise this hotel is and that bit different from a normal hotel. You get so much space and fabulous views.
The staff are attentive and pleasant
The hotel has been completely redecorated very recently so clean and fresh looking
Great location.....well done and thanks

Room Tip: All rooms have fab views over the city
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cathysav
thelight20, General Manager at The Light ApartHotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.
I read with pleasure your positive feedback and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards

Kim

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stayed in the light apartments for two night in August for the Pride weekend and it was great. We booked these apartments for myself and 3 other friends, so we wanted somewhere fairly cheap. It turned out these were one of the cheapest places for us and we were extremely pleased with what we got.

On arrival we used the car park which is REALLY tight to enter but once in it is secure and we felt safe leaving the car there. When entering the building the lobby and reception area was really nice and modern and friendly reception staff.

Once in our room we were STUNNED, it was a two bedroom deluxe apartment but it was HUGE! We had two bedrooms, one being en suite bathroom, another separate bathroom, a living room area and kitchen and dining room area with a balcony. Everything we needed was included in the apartment all kitchen utensils, washing up liquid, dishwasher and tablets, tea coffee and sugar, towels in the bathrooms, coathangers etc.

The balcony was lovely, along with the sliding door to get out as we could leave this open and get a nice breeze. All in all, great apartments, would advise a visit here!

Location is ideal too!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your fantastic review placed here on Tripadvisor

It was truly a pleasure to read your enthusiastic feedback and i once again thank you for taking the time to do so.

We look forward to welcoming you back and wowing you even more

Kim