“Fantastic place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Light ApartHotel

The Light ApartHotel
Farnham
“Fantastic place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

Always a great welcome.
Perfect location ,easy access to metrolink just round the corner.
Comfortable clean apartment.was surprised to receive a breakfast box.friendly staff,now has a good restaurant called Simple attached.will certainly be back.great value

• Stayed May 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Knutsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

I recently stayed at the Light Boutique Hotel in Manchester for business reasons and was very impressed by the friendly professional maner of all the staff I encountered during my stay. As a lone woman traveller, the warm welcome was very much appreciated after an arduous motorway journey. The rooms are very well appointed, very comfortable with modern design technology. Most rooms boast impressive views over the city.
The hotel is very easy to find and has ample parking opposite. I will be making this hotel my first choice whenever in the area on business again. Thank you to all the staff and management, you're doing a great job.

Room Tip: All rooms are well appointed, modern in design and decor. If you were staying ona special occasion...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Bathgate, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

I booked The Light as a surprise for the girlfriends birthday. A good deal was obtained by searching some of the well known room booking sites.

Well anyways .... we arrived at The Light late afternoon and after a lengthy check in (which to be fair was only due to the idiot being served before us causing so much hassle) made our way up to the room. Upon arrival we realised the room was freezing (by freezing ... I mean penguins would have been hunting the hot water bottles). we quickly found the cause - a balcony door that was damaged and would not close properly. This had CLEARLY been noticed by whoever has serviced the room and had been jammed closed as much as was possible. A quick trip to reception was made and we asked for it to be fixed or for another room. The girl on the desk told us unfortunately that the entire building was full due to teh football that day. When I was clear that we were not staying in a room on the 14th floor where the balcony door was constantly open she made a call to someone ... a manager possibly and then passed me over to them (why?) The man on the phone explained that the previous guests had been troublesome and had most likely deliberately broken the door. Great but thats not my problem - it had clearly been seen when the room was serviced. Why were we put in that room to begin with? To say I was a little p'd off at this point would be an understatement. the guy on the phone said there was nothing he could do as he was on his way back from Scotland! Again - not my problem. I'd just driven from Scotland! if i had known this much trouble would have happened - I would have stayed at home and saved myself the money and hassle. I passed him back over to the women behind the desk.

Strangely she then managed to find me a different room. Again to be fair - this was a bigger two bedroom apartment and they didnt ask me to pay extra.Still .... why did this happen in the first place? Shocking service from somewhere which is so highly rated on here.

The problems didnt stop there .... we arrived in the new room and immediately checked the balcony doors .... one was a bit iffy and was a struggle to close but at least when I did get it closed - it stayed shut! So i left the balcony door alone in that room for the whole stay. Add in the following disappointments and you get a clearer picture of how disappointed I was. First - do the apartments ever get cleaned? Filthy cutlery in drawers..... sticky floors and used toiletries in shower cubicles were all evident. Add in a tv in one room that didnt work.... and toilet seats that were practically hanging off along with the polythene wrapper for one of the bath panels that had half been peeled off and then left and I really think the place should have a good long hard look at itself before quietly reassessing the star rating of this place and edging it closer to the 3 star category. next time I stay .... I'll try the Blue Rainbow. From what I hear from some friends ..... its light years ahead of ths place. Maybes then I wont have to wait what feels like an hour for the stupid car park gate to open.

Now if this place had been rated as 3 stars (which I think is as high as it deserves) I would possible have overlooked all the issues above but when you look at the ratings ... you expect quality - which i am sorry - is sadly lacking in this establishment.

The few pluspoint from my visit were as follows - lovely view, decent staff (decent because they did try and help) massive rooms, great location and decent price.

Room Tip: Two bedrooom apartments are much much better than the one bedrooms or studios
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel three times now and would reccomend it to anyone looking to stay over in Manchester, It wasn't just a nights stay in a hotel it was an experience as from my room I could look out over the whole of manchester from the comfort and luxury this room provided. From the moment I got there until the moment I left the staff were amazing and so attentive, and had an answer to every question I asked.

The rooms were first class, and the facilities were excellent down to every last detail. While I was staying there I wanted for nothing as the room provided an iron, hair dryer etc and there was every type of glassware and crockery you could think of. The cleanliness of the room was outstanding.

If you want a reasonably priced room/partment in the heart of Manchester I would strongly advise you stay here. superb...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

I had my 40th Birthday party at The Light a couple of weeks ago and I can honestly say it was the best night of my life, I had the whole of the event floor including 2 hot tubs and a bbq, the sun was shining and the views over Manchester were fantastic. From the minute We checked in till we left nothing was to much trouble and the staff were so friendly. The rooms were very contemporary with fabulous facilities, if your going to Manchester make sure you stay at The Light.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
warrington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

I recently visited the light hotel in manchester, I found the rooms to be extremeley clean and tidy and the staff and management where very kind and welcoming. I had a few extra requirements involving parking and gym use which the management was very accomadating towards me. Overall my visit was exellent and they have a brilliant restuarant attached to the hotel aswell. Would be more than happy to use this hotel again and will do in the near future.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

We had a fantastic night stay at the hotel, it was so easy to check in, room was great, children friendly and the staff were so polite and helpful they recommened the restaurant next door to eat, which we decided to as it was not far to go, The room we got was so up to date, cleanliness was incredible and also the decor was really to our taste. The housekeeping staff were really helpful as well in the morning, there is supermarkets close by as well so have all amenities for a great stay. If you are ever thinking of staying in Manchester then this really is a fantastic place to stay and within the heart of the city and easy to get to all attractions and locations.

Room Tip: It does not matter what room you get as the views across the city are fantastic.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family