“Decent kebab”

Reviewed October 26, 2015 via mobile

Decent kebab.
Good flavour and salad.
Was sober as well !
Adding mint to the salad is a good thing to go with lamb kebab.
Much bigger place these days worth a visit.

Reviewed September 22, 2015

We had lunch one Sunday ordering two main dishes. Mine was chicken Karahi but usually in other restaurants it is a dish with juicy onions and a good masala. At Abduls there was no masala it was more like a small plate of small chicken pieces without sauce. Chappati was nice but man handled as it was passed to me. The second dish was a lamb bunyanise and came with a sauce of undercooked onion. It was pricey and poor for what we thought was Indian food. Worst I don't ink staff should handle papadoms or chappati by hand. I thought hygiene was poor . One staff member had what looked like very greasy hair. The toilets have no soap and are also dirty and badly maintained. How do these places get away with it just because the staff are pleasant and I didn't like telling them how awful it was. So once more they got away with presenting goods that were of poor value and unfit for purpose, we went in hungry and came out £15 lighter and feeling sickly at the unhygienic experience.

Reviewed September 17, 2015 via mobile

We ordered a take out from Abdul's and as a starter ordered poppadoms with the onion salad, mango etc to accompany. When the order arrive the onion salad, mango etc was not with the food. I phoned immediately to let them know in the hope that the car could return with the full order. The guy on the other end of the phone said we had not ordered these and would not listen to me. He sarcastically said " of course the customer is always correct" when I said that we had ordered the missing Condiments. I asked to speak to the manager and he said he was the manager. I asked for the contact details of the line manager and he said he would not gone these.
The Abdul's we usually use in fallow field is usually great. Shame that this one in rusholme has such poor service.

Reviewed September 16, 2015 via mobile

Sent our mate to get Saajans for the Champions League final in 2011. As soon as he returned and handed over the wrapped kebab I knew something was wrong. It felt light, too light, as if half was missing. Then I removed the sheath to discover it was filled with substandard amounts of chicken and cucumber. Who does that? Who spoils a kebab with cucumber? Abduls, that's who. We have never let this 'mate' live his error down. To shame him further I have attached a lovely photo of him looking his best.

Reviewed August 14, 2015

Abdul's food is probably to a high quality. But not as high as you think it is when it's 3am in the morning and you and your friends are hungry. However, the best thing about Abdul's is the staff. They are so friendly and like to have a good laugh which makes everyone feel comfortable and chat with one another after a night out. They feel like teachers when were all acting like children. You can have a laugh but when someone takes it to far they don't hesitate to have a word. We used to come here after every night out in my freshers year. The food is decent and good value for money.