“Very pleasurable”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Very pleasurable”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Me and my friend decided to go for a meal to curry mile. We noticed that there is Manager's Special Offer (till 7 pm) available which consists of a full 3 course meal and a bottle of wine for only 20 quid for both of us! The service was very good and staff very polite and attentive. The meal was tasty and did not have to wait ages. Definitely a good place to spend some nice time with friends.
Thanks!

• Visited November 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Service . Restaurant Open Till 3 am”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Great service . Very Helpful and friendly staff. Food was not that brilliant . may be we went after 12 so head chef might be away and they have a Persian collection of art above the restaurant. Great service at Wimslow road, Manchester.

Stockport, United Kingdom
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Tried this place as our usual restaurant was full. Seated quickly and fussed around by the manager, there were 6 of us including 2 children aged 14 and 11 who were looked after very well. The choice of the food was good and I ended up having a Chicken Lazeeza which I had never had before and have to say was excellent. The food was tasty and everyone enjoyed the meal and with the bill coming to £110 including a couple of rounds of drinks was reasonably priced also. On the whole I was pleased and would definitely return.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Worst experience at a restaurant ever. Check your receipt before paying!!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

For my 21st birthday, I went to Al Bilal for a curry with some friends.
It started out well, when we sat down, we received poppadoms pretty much immediately.
From then it went down hill.
There weren't enough glasses for us. After asking 4 times, they finally brought some out.
The wait was 1 hour and a half, just to get a few curries which when they turned up were luke warm.
Having asked for the bill 6 times, they gave me the bill which was about £20 more than it should have been.
I asked to speak to the manager, and they said there was no manager.
After about 20 minutes, the manager came over, who had been in the restaurant all the time.
I asked why the bill was more than it should have been. They said that there was a service charge, which was calculated right at the bottom. After refusing to pay this because of the poor service (which legally I am allowed to do), I looked at the prices of each dish on the receipt. Each one had been increased by £1 or £2 so we were paying much more than we should have been.
I then calculated the amount we were actually meant to pay, and gave it to the manager.
He got very aggressive, started shouting, he grabbed my arm, and slapped the table next to me, and was incredibly threatening, and demanded we pay more money.
Other people on other tables asked me if they should call the police about him. I said no, because I didn't want to make a fuss.
We then went to leave, and he blocked the door.
This then caused our table and three others (a total of about 17 or 18 people) to leave.
I would never go back.
The worst experience ever.

4 Thank Dav502
Redcar, United Kingdom
“good curry”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

on our recent visit to Manchester we stopped close to the curry mile. We took a walk up and down the curry mile and choose al bilal as it looked very welcoming. we were shown to a table and quickly served with popadoms and given a menu. food was fine and service top rate.

• Visited September 2013