“Apna style curry”

Ranked #251 of 2,325 Restaurants in Manchester
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent and great value curry house. It's a very simple cafe style setting with plastic seating and good quality food. There is no better value and warming meal at lunch if you are in Manchester Center and want a real curry. I have been hundreds of times and it is my place of choice when it comes to Lamb Karahi. It's not the place you take your Mrs too but it's a fantastic place for work colleagues and friends for decent grub.

There are newer reviews for Kabana

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Food is always great, I did have a little to wait as I ordered a kebab, it shows there are fresh. A good sign is that the kitchen is on full view so you know what you are getting.

When the food did arrive it was great, well cooked and tasted great. Although tucked away it is worth seeking out.

1  Thank drwheeler
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Just visited for the first time for Lunch on a recommendation.....
Excellent.......We opted for Lamb Kahari on a bed of rice with Nann Bread;
One of the best tasting curries I have had in a long time;
The Lamb was very tender,,,,,sauce nice and spicy..and the basmati rice well cooked;
There was a large jug of water on the table as a nice touch;
Good pleasant service everything simple and clean;
All for a Total of 12 Pounds!!.
We will be returning.

1  Thank catsandkittens
Reviewed October 13, 2013

First impressions not great but gave it a go, while its authentic and my lamb curry was nice enough my partners dish was very greasy. The place is not the cleanest & the toilets were a disgrace! Dirty, No soap,no hand towels etc. although its cheap I'd rather go elsewhere...

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I visited today for the first time for lunch. Been wanting to try this little place after reading these reviews. I ordered channa and nan. The food was tasty,authentic and I could not fault. Indian myself I am use to home curries and this is what it tasted as. I work nearby so I know with faith that I will be here alot for when I fancy that something tasty. Food beats many restaurants. It is small and humble with staff that are friendly and welcoming. Keep up the good work. A truely hidden gem that must be tried

1  Thank neena1010