“Good, honest food”

Gusto Didsbury
Ranked #345 of 2,398 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Right from walking through the door the Gusto Restaurant and Bar - a vibrant and trendy New York style Italian restaurant - exudes a friendly atmosphere you can’t help but feel a part of. Taking its cues in décor from 1950s NYC but with a modern twist, the focus is on the finest freshly prepared Italian dishes from throughout the ages. A restaurant of classical elegance and glamour, Gusto’s menu offers an impressive range, from wood fired pizzas to whole lobster, salt baked sea bass and 28 day aged Premium Steaks. The children’s menu is also fun, allowing the kids to create their own pizzas.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My office is in Didsbury, so I do use this restaurant a lot. The food is of a high quality and although sometimes a little pricey, you do get excellent service. Very rarely do I go in here and it's quiet, which is always a good sign.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We managed to get a table for 2 on a Saturday night with no booking, and judging by the crowds we were incredibly lucky. I'd definitely recommend booking at least a day in advance to avoid disappointment.

There is plenty of street parking right outside, and the building is nice. I was instantly struck by the atmosphere as we walked through the door; it's very lively and loud which I always prefer. The waitress found us a table and was quick to serve us on both food and drinks. We had 3 courses and drinks and the total bill came to less than £60 which is excellent value for the quality of the food and the experience in general.

There were all the "usual suspects" on the menu, however there were also plenty of options if you're feeling adventurous. I had the hoisin duck pizza and it was brilliant.

1  Thank John R
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, the food was gorgeous (after a long ordering process). A group of 5 ladies and everyone was happy. However, the hospitality and service of the staff left a lot to be desired. I think I had an interaction with every member of staff who worked there. It screamed disorganisation to me. There was a lot of negotiation when it came to our food choices. I honestly felt quite unwelcome and that we were a burden being there. Just thank then lord that the food was delicious but I won't be going back.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

staff were friendly our food was presented well and tasted good too. Its my second vist and im sure i'll be back agian.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Pleasant, friendly and efficient staff . busy atmosphere . Good food choice and well cooked and presented .