“Consistantly great food and service”
Review of Gusto Didsbury

Gusto Didsbury
Ranked #332 of 2,434 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Right from walking through the door the Gusto Restaurant and Bar - a vibrant and trendy New York style Italian restaurant - exudes a friendly atmosphere you can’t help but feel a part of. Taking its cues in décor from 1950s NYC but with a modern twist, the focus is on the finest freshly prepared Italian dishes from throughout the ages. A restaurant of classical elegance and glamour, Gusto’s menu offers an impressive range, from wood fired pizzas to whole lobster, salt baked sea bass and 28 day aged Premium Steaks. The children’s menu is also fun, allowing the kids to create their own pizzas.
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visit Gusto in Didsbury every 6 weeks or so. We are always impressed with the service and the food; the menu changes with the seasons and there is always something different to choose however the Nutella Calzone is always a winner. We are members of the Gusto dining club were you can get a discount on food at certain times of the day which males it even better value for money.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Been there and got sick from the food. It was so hot inside (that tables with light underneath) and it was unbearable. My friend asked well done steak 2 times and it came as rare. After dinner, she also got sick like me.
There is a huge interest in Gusto but I think it is just a posh restaurant where you can show off and one of those trendy places you feel obliged to like.
The bar at the entrance is a plus though.

LivingVentures, General Manager at Gusto Didsbury, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for feedback in reference to your visit back in April. We treat all feedback, good or bad, very seriously here at Gusto, Didsbury. I am very sorry to hear that yourself and guest were left disappointed during and after your meal. I would like follow up your visit personally on your behalf, alongside reassuring you that your comments have been filtered through to the team. I can be contacted on 0161 4458209 or didsbury@gustorestaurants.uk.com Regards, Anthea (General Manager)

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Ate here last night, food was gorgeous (I had salmon and dill rigatoni for main), but highlight is the service - to the manager here, your staff are five star, look after them! Not intrusive but always available when needed, really friendly and personable - utter professionals, really impressed.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Not only dose Gusto deliver constantly great food service and ambiance great place for a drink also added benifit if goid seating outdoors at front

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I went here last night for a meal with my boyfriend and parents. We were sat near the front and found it got quite cold every time the doors opened. The front doors need to be improved, so the outer door closes quicker when people are coming in to prevent the cold draft.

However the food was excellent and the service was great. We shared 3 starters between us (beetroot and goats cheese tart, mushroom risotto and the scallops - all of which were very good. For the mains we had 2x sea bass, 1 hake and 1 ribeye steak. Again the mains were fantastic. The portions were reasonable and not too large. We ordered some fries and roast potatoes as sides.

We found the actual restarant very noisy and struggled to hear each other speak. There was background music as well as the sounds of people talking. Possibly turning off the music might help a little.

The decor was modern and very nice.

I would go again, but would ask to be sat further in the back.

The prices are high but worth it for the food.

LivingVentures, General Manager at Gusto Didsbury, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for your review, I will ensure your lovely feedback is passed on to the kitchen and floor team. I am sorry to hear that you felt cold by the front door and I have followed up your comments personally to ensure we manage this area of the restaurant so no other guests feel the cold, especially at this time of year. Regards Anthea, General Manager