“Rude and Ignorant”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Dropped in for a lunch after reading reviews, we didn't get that far. We were seated by a rather inhospitable lady who came back some time later and asked to take our drink order. We ordered diet coke, as she turned with a roll if her eyes and a grunt of disgust that this was all the drink we were ordering we told her to forget it. We left, maybe the food is good and great value but we will never know.

2  Thank xraybadger

Reviewed July 22, 2013

After a stroll around Chinatown, I picked this restaurant for the simple reason that they were offering a five-course banquet for £10-50. When I entered, I was the only person there which concerned me a little. I was told initially that I couldn't have the banquet as it was for a minimum of two people, but while I was perusing the menu the waitress returned and said that I could have the banquet. For £10.50, it was very good value, but I don't agree with other reviewers about the quality. The spring rolls were small and with a thick wrapping and little filling. The crispy duck came with lots of pancakes but wasn't particularly good. The hot and sour soup was good as was my main course of King Prawn with spring onoin and ginger. Service was good and inobtrusive, although you expect that when you're the only customer. Overall, the meal was very good value, but you can't expect top quality at those prices. Next time I'm in Chinatown, I will probably try somewhere else and pay a bit more.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Eat here with a friend, and compared to what you get in London now where prices are higher and portions are smaller, the food portions at China City were generous. Ordered two dishes to share between two people with rice was more than sufficient. Staff were attentive without being invasive, and happy to recommend on here.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We visited this restaurant after having been very loyal to another nearby for the past eleven years. It was time to try a change. The staff, especially William were helpful and friendly and between us both we had half an aromatic duck which was served with plenty of pancakes and celery. Maybe this could have been cooked a little longer but it was really fine.

We then shared a sizzling fillet steak , Cantonese style with two portions of excellent fried rice. The steak was cooked to perfection. Overall this was a fantastic meal and the ambience was pleasant and this place deserves support.

1  Thank Irvine G
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Visited with the family Sunday lunch time.
We opted for the 3 courses for £5.00.
What superb value for money.
Excellent chicken noodle soup,spring rolls and spare ribs.
The main courses were generous and very tasty.
Less than £30.00 for four of us with drinks a real bargain without any sacrifice in quality.
Give it a try.