“VALUE FOR MONEY WITHOUT LOSS OF QUALITY”
Review of China City

China City
Ranked #457 of 2,420 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We visited this restaurant after having been very loyal to another nearby for the past eleven years. It was time to try a change. The staff, especially William were helpful and friendly and between us both we had half an aromatic duck which was served with plenty of pancakes and celery. Maybe this could have been cooked a little longer but it was really fine.

We then shared a sizzling fillet steak , Cantonese style with two portions of excellent fried rice. The steak was cooked to perfection. Overall this was a fantastic meal and the ambience was pleasant and this place deserves support.

1  Thank Irvine G

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Visited with the family Sunday lunch time.
We opted for the 3 courses for £5.00.
What superb value for money.
Excellent chicken noodle soup,spring rolls and spare ribs.
The main courses were generous and very tasty.
Less than £30.00 for four of us with drinks a real bargain without any sacrifice in quality.
Give it a try.

2  Thank Dinnergong
Reviewed June 2, 2013

After hearing good things about China City we went for a meal following a visit to the cinema. Arriving at 8.00 pm on a Saturday night we were surprised at how quiet this small restaurant was. We were greeted by a polite young man and immediately shown to our table. We chose the Banquet for 3 at £17.50 per head and it turned out to be amazing value for money. The food was of very high quality and service throughout was excellent. Drinks prices were reasonable too. If I have one criticism it would be that they had TV on which was quite distracting. Even so, this is a minor quibble. The restaurant deserves to do well.

1  Thank Doug H
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I went to china city last night for a meal with my partner and I was very happy with the reception. The waiting staff was excellent, we were ushered to our table as soon as we got there. the service is next to none. the male waiter was more than helpful and very polite. the food was out of this world and I really enjoyed it, and the saki was served piping hot. and at £11.50 per person for a 5 course meal is fantastic value for money. I will definatley will be going again and will highly recommend it to anyone wanting to have a really enjoyable chinese meal.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Went here over the weekend I can surely say that this is the best chinese food I've ever tasted.The staff are very friendly and can't do enought for you. The seafood dishes were very tasty and large tiger prawns are used. The osters in batter as a starter are simply the best...I could go on and on...recommend to anyone who visits manchester you will not be disappointed.