“Great fajitas”
Review of Panama Hatty's

Panama Hatty's
Ranked #99 of 2,254 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: International, British, Central American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We are an independently owned restaurant group that prides itself on style, value-for-money, fresh ingredients, exciting cocktails & beers and attentive service in a warm and welcoming atmosphere. We believe that our menu is an interesting mix of popular and tasty dishes with influences from the Latin countries, the Caribbean, the American South West and a few other exotic places to spice things up.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Great fajitas”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Best fajitas I've ever had - and during the dreadful period of Sober-October (!) we tried there excellent non-alcoholic cocktails. Been a few times now and think food and drink excellent - one downside is that the service is a little bit hit and miss - sometimes excellent other times wondering if I should set a man trap to try to stop someone to take my order.

Am taking some of my team and our JV partners for a casual dinner there in December so hope not to be let down on service front.

• Visited October 2013

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Good food, bad service”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I visited Panama hatty's in the city center on a Friday night, we booked the table earlier in the day so when we arrived we didn't have to wait to be seated.

The restaurant is very impressive inside with soft dim lighting and nice furnishings and is a decent size so we felt we had privacy as the tables weren't cramped together.

Once seated we were given our menus and left for around 15 minutes before someone came and took our drinks and food order even though the restaurant was only half full, this didn't bother us at first as we had plenty of time to look at the menu and decide what we wanted however bad service was a regular theme throughout our night.

We had three courses with a 20-30 minute wait between courses, staff weren't overly busy as the restaurant wasn't even full, yet we had no one ask us if we wanted our drinks re filled (we had to ask both times), when meals did arrive they were plonked on the table without so much as a smile, and we weren't asked if everything was Ok with our meals once - Something even a waitress at a pub would ask!

I can't say anything negative about the food, what we had was good without being too pretentious, not pricey for city center but for £100 for a couple I would expect the service to be on par with the food.

It wasn't just lack of service either it was rudeness, I got up and asked a female waitress where the ladies were, before she answered she looked me up and down judgmentally. i couldn't believe it, the last time I experienced anything like that was high school!!! That put me off really, we were going to stay for a few drinks but decided to leave it.

I hope the restaurant read these reviews as it could be a really good place to eat if only they trained their staff in manners and also fixed the broken toilet seats & doors!!! The toilets looked like they belonged to McDonalds not a city center restaurant!

• Visited November 2013
cheshire
“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I had been telling my husband how good this place was and when we finally went we had an awful experience the cutlery was dirty and when I asked for it to be replaced it was still dirty and the food was below par. We haven't been back!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank luxuryliker28
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“brilliant food and service”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

excellent service and food.... i been i to the tarporely resturant before and both are very nice but the manchester panama hatties is a bit more fast paced ( with it being city centre ) will be returning, staff are great and so is the food.... for the meal and drinks ( cost around £60 - £70) we had the house wine x 2 -- 1 sharing platter and a main each )

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wouldn't go back to this restaurant!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited this restaurant last Saturday and we weren't impressed with the service and the food wasn't much better. We had to ask three times for more drinks and it wasn't like they were short staffed. There was a lot of staff walking around aimlessly. This was frustrating because we were having to prompt them to get our drinks. The food took a while to come hence why we wanted more drinks. After our main meal we were asked if we wanted a dessert so we said we would have a look at the menu. The dessert menu never came and we decided to forget dessert and leave. We asked for the bill and it came straight away!! Wow! After that experience I would definitely not go back! We were so disappointed!

1 Thank Cara H