“excellent”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Went there last saturday and it was very good all round. Clean, good attentive service, and the meals came out quickly. Both meals were perfectly cooked and tasty. Two completely clean plates were the evidence. I had the risotto with chicken and fresh chilli, very nice indeed. Lemon meringue to finish left just enough room for a few beers . i strongly recommended

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Khaled B

“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We went to Mezzaluna last night with a Travelzoo voucher. Despite only paying around half price it was ill too expensive or what we had! I'll start with he positives - the starters we had (crab cakes and fried goats cheese) were lovely and the ice cream deserts we had were fine. Now or the negatives ... It took an age to get served for anything. Took about 20 mins to even have our drinks order taken and then another ten minutes or the drinks to arrive. The prosecco which was included in the deal was basically just lemonade. Our appetisers came at the same time as our starters which was over an hour after we arrived. My partner had beef stroganoff which has a tiny portion to say the least for the price and was mostly mushrooms with a few pieces of beef in. Then when we came to pay they tried to charge us an additional £3 as the beef was fillet steak and so there was a supplement payable - shame no one mentioned that when we ordered! After I complained they took the supplement off the bill. Won't be going back.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sarah G
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Bad service, bad food.”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Went here a few times a few years ago and it was wonderful. Visited again this month and it is awful. Upon arrival, we stood waiting to be seated for about 5 minutes. The waiter eventually saw us but made no rush to come over so we just sat down. When he did come to us he told us it was fine to sit where we'd chosen, obviously we were relieved we hadn't sat anywhere inappropriate in this almost empty restaurant.

We thought it best to inform the waiter we would be paying for our food with tesco clubcard vouchers. He said that would be fine but that the voucher codes had to be physically printed and not on a phone, it didn't say this anywhere in the Ts & Cs and no other restaurant in this deal had a problem as it's just a code, not a voucher. Not to worry, said the waiter. If I emailed him the voucher code, he'd print it out. Sorted. He then returned and said the owner said they couldn't do that. He apologised and walked away. Me and my partner discussed our options and then food started to be brought over. He assumed we didn't mind that we couldn't use the vouchers I had for the restaurant and would be happy to pay. Wrong. In the end I had to ask someone to print it out at home and drive up to the restaurant.

Apart from the voucher fiasco, the service continued to be awful with the waiting staff leaving us for ridiculous amounts of time with no food, drinks or deserts or not taking orders. The food was bland. I had a cannelloni stuffed with mincemeat and nothing else, no sauce, cheese or seasoning. It was tasteless and therefore pointless. The whole experience from sitting down to trying to attract someone's attention and keep them so we could pay was just stressful and wasn't outweighed by the awful food. Don't go here if you want to relax and enjoy a nice meal, go here if you want an expensive challenge.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Dick B
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“A BIT HARD TO FIND, BUT WORTH THE EFFORT 10/10”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Nice restaurant,food very good along with service, good atmosphere,delicious meal &is not expensive .I high recomend this place . dont miss it!!

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Too little ready made for to much paid”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Well garlic bread Dracula won't risk it, lasagne I have never known it to be tomato with some mince and pasta. .. I had the mixed grill.. you go Weatherspoons and you get a meal unfortunately I got a snack and for the price.... I also had cloves with chicken wing and some bbq sauce added. .. sorru to say I won't return

• Visited July 2013