“Very impressed”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Me and the other half were advised to come here by a friend, who had stated that the food was incredible. Well he wasnt lying. The food was just awsome. Im always sceptiacal about trying steak in new places, as i find its very rarely cooked to my liking (no pun intended), but i am glad that i did, because it was the best steak i have ever had.

The decor was lovely and the staff were helpful and friendly.

Pricing was cheaper than most itialians I have had...Food that is.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had dinner here and was pleased with my choice. I had the brushcetta for starters followed vegetarian raviolli and the lemon cheesecake for dessert. Food quality was excellent and I was happy with the vegetarian selection, much better than other places. The waiting staff were friendly and attentive.

All round good experience, I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have eaten here with a friend several times, and we always try to meet before 6:30 to take advantage of the early bird menu. On this occasion, no such menu was available, so we decided to choose from the a la carte rather than trying to find somewhere else.

We shared a garlic bread (pizza base) which was ample for two. We both chose the Pollo a la crema, which was very tasty, two (small) plus one dessert, two soft drinks and one coffee. The total bill came to around £40.

I have no complaint about the food, but I would not normally expect to pay this amount for an early evening meal. When my wife and I visit our local Italian we normally pay less than this before 6:30, and if they want to attract more business in this predominantly bedsit area they need to bring back the early bird menu.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We visited on a TravelZoo coupon- £40 for a three course meal and glass of prosecco for two. The food was all fine, and we ate everything. The waitress was attentive and efficient. The decor was nice, and a lot smarter than you'd expect from the outside. Reasonable value for what we paid. But would I go back and pay full price? No. The food is just not special enough for the prices charged (the rather dry and tasteless swordfish, or the soggy bottom on the cheesecake, for example). I agree with other reviewers in that the problem may be the extensive menu. The kitchen would be better off concentrating their efforts on producing a smaller number of dishes to a higher standard if they want to charge these sort of prices. My biggest complaint - we were sat near the kitchen and could small cigarettes at one point as kitchen staff went for their fag break - not very pleasant.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We visited for the first time on Sunday, for lunch. The restaurant was very quiet, but that may have had more to do with the glorious sunshine and the fact that being on the first floor there was no outside seating. The waitress was charming and attentive and both meals very good value. We will definitely return, but perhaps in the evening next time.