“Perfect for single travellers”
Review of Weston Hall

Weston Hall
Ranked #85 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
“Perfect for single travellers”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

excellent, budget accommodation close to gay village! No point in spending loads of dosh on a posh hotel if you are just going out on the lash and gonna be in the room for a few hours. En suite, comfortable bed (you can squeeze in 2 haha)

Perfect

1 Thank Paul I

Families
Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Stoke on Trent
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at Weston Halls. They are very conveniently situated – just 5 mins walk from Canal Street and all the bars. The rooms are basic but clean and have everything you need for somewhere to get your head down. They are ensuite with showers that are hot and clean and the beds are comfortable. Really good value basic accommodation

Room Tip: If there are a group of you ask for rooms next to each other - there are lounge areas that you can t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Gourock, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed last year and it was not great but ok and a good location. This year however I find hard to know where to start. First, although tea/coffee making facilities were advertised I had no kettle in my room. I asked at reception and was told one would be provided. The next morning still no kettle so i asked the housekeeper. She did not understand English and got her supervisor who said it was not her job to get me a kettle and to report to reception. I told her I already had. She took an intake of breath and said "I suppose I'll need to get you one then" then said "it's not my fault there's no kettle, I've got rooms to do". I said it's not my fault either. However she did not bring a kettle so I went back to reception. This time I was told they did not supply kettles but to use the one in the kitchen. I was a bit wary of this as the lounge/kitchen was being used by someone to sleep/party in. By the way I had clean towels every day, my bin was emptied once and never was a cloth used to wipe or a hoover used. On the first night at around 2am the party started, music blaring, shouting, doors banging. I said nothing, thought well it is pride week-end and the girls (4 of them) are having fun. The next night the same again. Again said nothing. The next night it was 4.30am when it started, louder this time. I asked them to turn down the music and got abused and something thrown at me which luckily hit the door. I went back into my room and then they started throwing things at my door, turned on the hoover and left it beside the door and turned the music up full. I would have went to reception but I was scared to leave the room. This went on till 6am when they fell asleep. I then went and complained to reception. Their response was less than helpful. They would tell the manager when he came in, and that the women were leaving that day. At my request a security guard went to move the woman sleeping in the lounge but he only let her go into one of the rooms. All her clothes, beer cans, bottles, food cartons, chips etc were strewn around the lounge and corridor. I went out till lunch time until I knew they had left and when i went back I walked into them outside. I spoke to the manager who had allowed them to store their luggage until their transport time. I asked if he did not know what had happened and he said that they had been drunk due to "the celebrations". He was totally unhelpful, inadequate and didn't even go and see the mess that was left, which was still there the next day when I left. I can honestly say it was like living in a pig sty. Yes, it is cheap, yes it is handy but you could not pay me to go back there.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Martha s

Travelers are raving about these Manchester hotels

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Anyone booking this accommodation can clearly see it is student halls of residence. They are small single rooms - sufficient for somewhere to sleep and have a shower.

Having read some reviews the comments criticise the accommodation for not being to the standard you'd expect of a hotel room costing three times the price. It may be clichéd...but "you get what you pay for" !

I stayed here when having a night out in Manchester. It was cheaper to stay over than pay for train and taxi transport.
- Reception was friendly and efficient
- Room has single bed (which was clean and comfortable); desk, wardrobe, chair, bedside cabinet - and a small shower room/ensuite bathroom (very powerful shower!)
- Towels and toiletries included
- Tea/coffee provided in room

Points to remember. You need to lock our door with your room key - doors do not lock just by closing. When inside you also need to turn the latch to lock the door.

It's true to say it was a bit noisy. But....many of the people there were staying for the same reason I was...nights out in Manchester...few drinks...cheap bed for the night - there was bound to be some revelry!

Accommodation is right opposite a multi story carpark (Charles Street) - very convenient - and is just 5-10 minutes walk from Piccadilly Station. Also is only a few minutes from bars, clubs, restaurants and theatres.

This is not the lap of luxury - but never claims to be. Good service and value for money - you can't ask for more.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Have stayed here before and it was ok , but this stay was absolutely shocking!

Rooms are supposed to be for one person however i had a stag group next to me and there was clearly more than one person in the room , screaming shouting and banging around all night which resulted in me having no sleep.

Shower was full of mildew and mould and looked like it had't been cleaned in a long while.

On asking staff if there were any quieter rooms was told flatly "No"

Was going to stay here another night , but the walls are that thin in the end I could not stand the noise and alcoholics so checke out and went somewhere else.

Would only stay here if you don't filth or excessive noise!

Room Tip: none , stay somewhere else.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Booked in to stay here for four nights as I'm working in the city. The room is perfectly fine and I have no complaints there.

As I'm staying in a flat with a kitchen, naturally I thought it would be safe for me to put food in the fridge. What do I come home to find after my first day? All of it binned.

Reception staff told me the cleaners would assume no one was staying there so would chuck everything in the kitchen out. But that's a complete lie, as they cleaned my room and clearly knew my stuff was still here.

There is no excuse for chucking out food that is in date, clearly belongs to someone as grouped together in a bag. Angry doesn't even cover it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed 3 times during summer 2013 due to convenient location, clean & comfortable. However on 2 occasions on checkout day they let themselves in with key without knocking well before checkout time (which is supposed to be 11 am) - one time it was only 9.30 am. On one occasion Housekeeping banged on door at 8.35 am which I think is very early & then didn't service the room later on. Could be improved with Do Not Disturb signs for doors. I also thought reception, although friendly, was nosey as they are required to press for information on purpose of stay. Otherwise good value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo